(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Passoa,

Again, excellent ROM! Does someone have a cab for the original task switcher application from samsung? I prefer it to any other alternative out there - because it is touch friendly - and cannot seem to find it anywhere. Even the link in this thread has a lot of widgets and other programs, but not the task switcher.

Thanks!

hello everybody

first of all it is a very good job!!!!

i'm french sorry for my poor english

for the ringtones mp3 i have to put them in /windows it is normal?

the same for video image i have to put them in /windows/my documents!! ????

someone could help me

thanks a lots :lol:

Passoa,

Again, excellent ROM! Does someone have a cab for the original task switcher application from samsung? I prefer it to any other alternative out there - because it is touch friendly - and cannot seem to find it anywhere. Even the link in this thread has a lot of widgets and other programs, but not the task switcher.

Thanks!

Nevermind, just found it on post 2 - duh...

Thanks a lot. I like this Rom.

Only one thing - the task switcher was my only way to close all open applications rapidly (move your thumb up on the screen and then click on "end all tasks").

How can I close my applications now? Only way I found is go to task manager end close applications one by one.

Anyway I can install back the task switcher?

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

It's great to see all you people working hard to let programs like manilla2d work perfect on our omnia's. And now we can even choose from dozens of themes which are all edited to match omnia's odd resolution. Really, keep up the good work.

After using Manilla2D for some time now, it became pretty annoying that not all the widgets are in the center of the screen. Especially the Music widget and the Photo widget were both placed on the top side of the screen, leaving a pretty big empty space on the bottom of the screen. I started to study the HTCHomeSettings.xml carefully, and after some time, I managed to replace a lot of items on the different widgets so everything is in the middle of the screen!

Some screenshots to clear things up for you guys:

Homewidget:

I placed both the calendar and the callhistory a little bit more down, so everything looks like its in the center of the screen:

Photowidget:

Rearranged the video and camera buttons, moved the next and previous buttons down, and placed the actual photoframe more in the center (moved it a little down and a little to the right):

Musicwidget:

Basically moved everything a little bit down. Increased the distance between the musicphoto and the title/artist/progressbar. Re-aligned the buttons to the right of the musicphoto.

Weathertab:

Didnt do much beside removing all the dotted lines. Looks better this way, but thats really just a matter of opinion.

Screen04.pngScreen05.pngScreen01.pngScreen03.png

Attached to this message is my own HTCHomeSettings.xml

Please note that I also edited my HTCHomeSettings to suit my personal preferences (hide/show tabs, certain pictures etc). So just copy my xml to your device probably isnt the best thing to do. Later this evening (in about 1 hour) I will attach another text-file where I explain what settings you need to change in order to get the same lay-out as mine, or maybe even design your own lay-out!

I hope all this can be of use for some of you guys!

For questions, I would like to refer to the topic I started in i900 rom discussion

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...t-omnia-screen/

Cheers

Really nice work.

I guess it then become personal favorite how to modify the xml file :lol:

hello everybody

first of all it is a very good job!!!!

i'm french sorry for my poor english

for the ringtones mp3 i have to put them in /windows it is normal?

the same for video image i have to put them in /windows/my documents!! ????

someone could help me

thanks a lots :lol:

Ringtones you can put-it anywhere you want but mine is in My Ringtones. My Device/My Documents/My Ringtones

The movies you can put them in the Storage card or My Storage

Do not put them in Windows.

post-435430-1225315766_thumb.jpg

Edited by georo

Guest Anfloyd
Passoa, I managed to change backgrounds in the theme and replaced the one in M2C02 with the one in M2C01 which I liked more. Also managed to change the Touchlaunch one. But one background I can't seem to find or change. It's the background of the Comm Manager. Any directions where to find it?

Hi. Like you, I too prefer the theme in the first version, which is the only reason that I haven't flashed to v2 yet. Any chance you could guide me in the right direction to adding the first theme to M2D02? Will be flashing it as soon as I get chance.

Cheers.

Guest bmn4711

Hello,

i have three issues of this rom.

1- The flashlight only works on today screen, not on Manila 2D.

2- The music player stop when a song is finished but if i turn on the display the next song is played.

3- When a received an incoming call using the headphones the ringtones sounds in the phone, not in the headphones.

Thanks

Guest bobobird

Passoa

You may want to consider removing Windows Live from the next version and instead let people use any one of the 3 from the download links below ?? Perhaps this may fix the Hotmail problems ?

Btw I found these at another place and the poster had this to say --

All credits to the original poster, I am only repeating what he said.

--Quote--

Windows LIVE

Windows Live is a suite of applications from Microsoft that provides access to hotmail, messenger, search, and more.

There are quite a few versions of Microsoft's Windows Live applications circulating around

Initially, the Windows Live application included Windows Instant Messenger, but Microsoft stripped it out in later versions. Below find the most up-to-date copies of the Windows Live software:

Windows Live 10.6.0034.080 - This is the last version of Windows Live that includes Windows Instant Messenger. If you want IM, then this is the version you want.

Windows Live 10.6.0042.1900 - This is the latest version of Windows Live avaialble. No IM included.

Windows Live Search 3.5.8198.0 - This is the Windows Live search add-on. It can be installed with either of the above Live versions, or stand-alone.

In addition, it is not necessary to install any of the above applications to get Windows Live functionality. You can visit http:/mobile.live.com on your device for a web-based version of the application. You won't get all of the integration features available in the installable version (outlook hotmail, contact integration, etc) but it is quick and easy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Windows Live Search 3.5.8198.0.zip

http://www.ziddu.com/download/2504315/Wind...8198.0.zip.html

Windows Live 10.6.0042.1900.zip

http://www.ziddu.com/download/2504316/Wind...2.1900.zip.html

Windows Live 10.6.0034.0800 with IM.zip

http://www.ziddu.com/download/2504317/Wind...withIM.zip.html

bbb

Edited by bobobird

Guest alex77186

hello I wonder if it is possible to edit your work to change the language of the Rom in French because your rom is very sure appreciate this French forum but few people really master English well (including myself lol) So I wonder if I translated the rom I can post on the forum fr a property in your name unless you want posted here the rom in french will be very kind because I do not really know much about modifying

thank you

sorry for my english language

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e
Hi. Like you, I too prefer the theme in the first version, which is the only reason that I haven't flashed to v2 yet. Any chance you could guide me in the right direction to adding the first theme to M2D02? Will be flashing it as soon as I get chance.

Cheers.

I replaced only the backgrounds, not the clock and tabs.

First I downloaded the original theme posted in this thread by PaSSoa. Next I extracted it. Flash M2D02 to your phone and then back up the theme with the thememanager in program files (Manilla2Dconfig). Copy the backup from your Omnia to your PC and rename it to *.zip. Now extract it or browse using winrar or something and replace hh_fw_background.png with the one in M2D01. Then save or compress to zip format again and save it on your storage card. Now add the zip file with Manilla2Dconfig to your themes and when done select and apply it. Touchlauncher and comm manager have to be edited elsewhere, Ill post that later. I'm of to bed :lol:

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

Hi Guys,

Just to share info with you that in case u'll need to hide the display of ur SIM contacts, do not use Zenyee HideSIM as I've tested it to be incompatible with this ROM.

I've WkTask installed (which is very useful for closing each app without minimising it) and when installed with Zenyee HideSIM it just screws the whole omnia up. Having said that, WkTask itself is working fine without Zenyee!

Just thought I share this warning if there's someone out there who tends to make use of the above 2 apps like me.

Cheers!

Original Post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=581

All credit to mpenguin14. New version of M2DC can change the softkeys.

Manila 2D Font Registry Settings

There is a registry hive full of empty folders that I really wanted to figure out [HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT] So I started doing some research and after a lot of work and time spent on trial and error I have figured out the basics

I do not know the settings for every font, and I do not even know if it is possible to change the settings for every font, but here is what I have figured out

M2D-ColorChangeByRegistry.jpeg

There are at least a dozen different fonts that M2D reads, I will provide information here for the most used and seen ones, and if this stuff interests you and makes sense then you shouldn't have too hard of a time figuring out the rest.

Inside of the [HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT] registry hive there are many different subkeys

[HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT\WIDGET]

Sets the font for:

• The text at the top of the home tab (date and network name, or customer name if you have that registry setting)
  • The date to the right of the alarm (if you have CustomerName set then the date is shown here)

Sets the font for:
    • The text of the tab name as you are scrolling

Sets the font for:
      • The top of tab pages that are not the Home tab ("Progams", "Messages", "Mail", "Weather")

[HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT\WIDGET\3]
        Sets the font for:
        • The number that shows up on the email and messaging tab icons telling you the number of new messages

[HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT\WIDGET\HOME\BUTTON ]
          Sets the font for:
          • The text that displays your number of missed calls on the home screen
          • The text that displays your upcoming appointments on the home screen

There are plenty of other registry keys in there and I don't know what they all do.

If you want to change the font for any of the previously mentioned registry keys then you need to add the following values
            • Face
            • Size
            • Fmt
            • Clr
            • Bold
            • Italic
            • Rc

If you do not enter the key properly your Manila 2D may not be able to restart

EXPLANATION

Value: Face
              Type: STRING
              Purpose: Font Name
              M2D Default: Blank ("")
              Notes:
              • I got it to work with "Tahoma", I have not tried to use any other font

Value: Size
                Type: DWORD
                Purpose: Font Height
                M2D Default: 0
                Notes:

• I have changed the size using values 6, 12, and 18, always works as I expected it to work

Value: Fmt

Purpose: Text Alignment

M2D Default: 3

Notes:

[*]Set to 0 to left align, 1 to center, or 2 to right align the text being displayed

[*] If you set this to a negative value then the 1st letter of the text being displayed is underlined

Value: Clr

Color

M2D Default: ??? [i don't know... I don't think there is a default value]

Notes:

[*]This string value MUST be 3 numbers between 0 and 255, separated by commas with NO spaces ["R,G,B"]

[*] If you do not follow this format then M2D WILL NOT START

[*] Example 1: RED = "255,0,0"

[*] Example 2: BLUE = "0,255,0"

Value: Bold

Purpose: Bold Settings

Notes:

[*]Set this to 1 to make the text bold, set it to 0 to not use bold text

Value: Italic

Purpose: Italic Settings

Notes:

[*]Set this to 1 to make the text italic, set it to 0 to not use italic text

Value: Rc

Purpose: ??? [i have no clue what this string is used for]

M2D Default: "0,0,0,0" [i don't really know though, this is just what I ALWAYS use]

Notes:

[*]This was the hardest key to figure out. I am not sure what it does

[*] This string value MUST be 4 numbers separated by commas with NO spaces ("X,X,X,X")

[*] If you do not follow this format then M2D WILL NOT START

[*] If you figure out what this is used for please let me know and share with the xda community

After adding these vales to a registry key you will have ot restart Manila 2D to see the new font

There are a handful of different ways to restart M2D

[*]Soft reset your device

[*]Go to "Setting->Today->Items", uncheck "TouchFlo", Click "OK", Go back to "Setting->Today->Items", check "TouchFlo", click "OK"

[*]Install my Manilla2D-DevTools package and run the "EnableM2D-DevTool", this will reload M2D

[*]Set [HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\Restart] to 1, this will caus M2D to unload, and display the "Tap here..."

If you end up making a lot of font changes and want to go back to the M2D defaults

delete the whole [HKML\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila2D\FONT] key

The next time you start Manilla 2D all of the empty font keys will be created new

SOFT KEY SETTINGS

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1Cmd]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK1CmdParam]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2Cmd]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\SK2CmdParam]

HOME TAB PAGE TOP TITLE BAR CUSTOMIZATIONS

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\HideNetworkName]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\CustomerName]

[HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home\CustomerIcon]

Edited by sector

Hi PaSSoA, I can confirm fix works. Thanks.

Thanks for the confirmation :lol:

Edit: Thanks to new2city who made the discovery, here is the CAB fix for those who need chinese fonts, once again, install it to your device and restart. Get it here.

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest gigascsi

how can I do to read a message on manila without open always the meesage?

Try to explain :

When incoming a message i read from manila but number of messages not disappears, i must enter on message and then number dissapears. Anyone Konw if there's a trick to prevent this steps???

thanx :lol:

Ill have one problem. if open contacts from mannila widget-add new conntacts not posible. ill push and nothig! if open contacts from: start-program-contacns-and push new contacts- its work\!

please HELP!

Ill have one problem. if open contacts from mannila widget-add new conntacts not posible. ill push and nothig! if open contacts from: start-program-contacns-and push new contacts- its work\!

please HELP!

Not sure, it works for me...

great works.. to PaSSoA.....looking forward next ROM version... with "smartconverter" and Vortex widgets theme fix.

Thanks, there's a fix for SmartConverter a few posts back, or check out the 2nd post in this thread.

Guest Shadowy

please HELP!

It's worse for me, New Contact doesn't work at all, whether from the widget or via start-programs-contacts.