(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest lonerboi

I've noticed that sometimes selection on the widget might nd a 2nd touch. i.e, when i try to add programs into the program shortcut widget, the first touch will slightly flash the screen like it opened but was alt tabbed to the background. The 2nd touch will then open it.

But for the people widgets, i have no such problem as mentioned. does not have problem adding people to the widget, but do have problem adding people to the phone book. Open samsung phone book>select new. Nothing happens

Facing problem with the alarm displaying on home widget. Doesn't show whether i'm using wm alarm or samsung alarm.

About reading sms at the sms widget, i too hope that having "focus" there for afew secs will mark it as read.

Also having slight problem with audio manager. Whenever i scroll to it, it will open and my phone will lag. Somehow it doesn't save the library and everything when opened, it will start searching, thus consuming quite abit of resources.

Lastly there's problem with CommManager background. If you try to change focus of diff btns with the optical mouse, the display will be bugged/ not refreshing well.

Anyway, these are minor bugs i believe. Thanks Passoa!

Edited by lonerboi

Dear PaSSoA

1-If I install this rom, can I remove the M2D ( or at ;east de-activate it) and use the Samsung Today 1 & 2 ( who are supplied separately in .cab files ?

2- Read here that this rom, still does not work in the landscape mode , would be this solved in the next version , so it worth waiting for ?

Many Thanks

Guest lonerboi
Dear PaSSoA

1-If I install this rom, can I remove the M2D ( or at ;east de-activate it) and use the Samsung Today 1 & 2 ( who are supplied separately in .cab files ?

2- Read here that this rom, still does not work in the landscape mode , would be this solved in the next version , so it worth waiting for ?

Many Thanks

1)u can try this to deactivate it. Much easier than to go to the home settings

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437342

and yes u can use today 1 & 2

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi I have installed this ROM and found an issue, or I think I have.

With every other Rom I have installed it has automatically set the provider connection setting. Ie it come up saying sim found do you want to load settings now.

It does this on this rom but it doesnt install connection setting ie wap connections and internet settings etc,.

Can anyone help as this wasnt a problem in previous version of this rom but is now.

sorry for noob question.

I am on vodafone uk monthly contract.

Thanks

Ill have one problem. if open contacts from mannila widget-add new conntacts not posible. ill push and nothig! if open contacts from: start-program-contacns-and push new contacts- its work\!

please HELP!

It's worse for me, New Contact doesn't work at all, whether from the widget or via start-programs-contacts.

For people having the problems with the contacts, try changing the registry key back to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]

:MSPOUTLOOK contacts

Currently it should be pointing to \Windows\SecContact.exe

I've noticed that sometimes selection on the widget might nd a 2nd touch. i.e, when i try to add programs into the program shortcut widget, the first touch will slightly flash the screen like it opened but was alt tabbed to the background. The 2nd touch will then open it.

But for the people widgets, i have no such problem as mentioned. does not have problem adding people to the widget, but do have problem adding people to the phone book. Open samsung phone book>select new. Nothing happens

Facing problem with the alarm displaying on home widget. Doesn't show whether i'm using wm alarm or samsung alarm.

About reading sms at the sms widget, i too hope that having "focus" there for afew secs will mark it as read.

Also having slight problem with audio manager. Whenever i scroll to it, it will open and my phone will lag. Somehow it doesn't save the library and everything when opened, it will start searching, thus consuming quite abit of resources.

Lastly there's problem with CommManager background. If you try to change focus of diff btns with the optical mouse, the display will be bugged/ not refreshing well.

Anyway, these are minor bugs i believe. Thanks Passoa!

Samsung Alarm does not show in M2D home screen, but the standard WM alarm does and it works for me.

For the graphics in CommsMgr, as I mentioned before, it is inherent to the program.

Dear PaSSoA

Many Thanks

You can try my "Lite" ROM :lol:

I only cooked M2D into the ROM, so if it gets fixed by then by the authors, I will come out with a new version.

Hi I have installed this ROM and found an issue, or I think I have.

With every other Rom I have installed it has automatically set the provider connection setting. Ie it come up saying sim found do you want to load settings now.

It does this on this rom but it doesnt install connection setting ie wap connections and internet settings etc,.

Can anyone help as this wasnt a problem in previous version of this rom but is now.

sorry for noob question.

I am on vodafone uk monthly contract.

Thanks

Did you hardreset after flashing? I myself did not do it once and had problems with the Operator configuration and my internet wasn't working too.

Everything was fine after a hardreset :lol:

Guest Michael122w

Hey, I do love your rom, it is a great mix of functionality and space. M2D and Omnia is a perfect combo. The only exception in your ROM is messenger - which should be dumped for future verions :D

But I was missing the samsung task switcher - particularly the controls for touch player :lol: . So anyway - I flashed back to the basic standard ROM and pulled out the task switcher files. They work fine by just dumping them back in windows folder - though you may need to actiivate the task switcher manually the first time (ie navigate to the Windows folder and double click on the "TaskSwitcher.exe".

Looking forward to future versions! particularly now I have the task switcher back!

TaskSwitcher.zip

Great ROM! Loving it and how flexible Manilla2D is when it comes to customisation.

I have 2 problems, which I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help me with:

I am using Klaxon Alarm, but it failed to go off this morning. Didn't have a problem on previous (Non-Manilla) ROMs. I have "over ride windows alarm" enabled, and trying new alarms out in Klaxon didn't go off either.

3G seems to kick in automatically for some reason and has incurred £5.00 in charges so far from when I was unaware it had been turned on. Is there a way I can set it to turn on only manually? EDIT: FYI weather tab was set to 'Update manually' since I installed the ROM, also I am not running an RSS feeds.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by nollie

For people having the problems with the contacts, try changing the registry key back to

Please can you explain?

I have:

\Windows\SecContact.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSPOUTLOOK]

poutlook.exe

If a rename :MSCONTACTS to :MSPOUTLOOK contacts don´t work.

Thanks.

Guest Shadowy

That works, thanks. If I access SECcontacts nnow via the dialler, New Contact works, strange!

I just wanted to add my voice to all those thanking you for your superb work, thank you.

That works, thanks. If I access SECcontacts nnow via the dialler, New Contact works, strange!

I just wanted to add my voice to all those thanking you for your superb work, thank you.

Can you explain ?

Guest Shadowy
Can you explain ?

After changing the registry as per PaSSoa's instructions, pressing the hard key to bring up the dialler then selecting contacts opens the Samsung phonebook. 'New' works fine from there now.

After changing the registry as per PaSSoa's instructions, pressing the hard key to bring up the dialler then selecting contacts opens the Samsung phonebook. 'New' works fine from there now.

If a rename :MSCONTACTS to :MSPOUTLOOK contacts don´t work.

Thanks

\Windows\SecContact.exe <--- changed this value to :MSPOUTLOOK contacts

Edited by PaSSoA

Thanks! works!

but now is different menu :lol:

i can´t select phone or sim contact

Thanks! works!

but now is different menu :lol:

i can´t select phone or sim contact

Hello.

In my windows directory miss SecContact.exe

could be the reason for don´t work?

Guest Shadowy
Sorry my friend, not sure what's going on, anyone on vodafone UK that has successfully configured the operator settings?

Yes, worked fine for me. It sets up wap and mms, but I don't think it's ever set up the internet settings.