(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest hellowe

Hi there,

This customized ROM is extremely very good. However, I would like know whether I can change the default calendar to another program such as Thumbcal. There is a program called SSMaPa that can do this trick, but, it give out the error when I executed on i900.

Can anyone give some advice on it?

thx :lol: :D

Guest hawk088

One a question, this rom "i900_M2D03fix_PaS08.rar" its possible burn with Windows Vista? and this is the ultimate rom for Omnia.

Thanks for yours anwers!

Guest Motofone
i would like silverinbox to launch when i press "all messages" button in messages tab in today screen. how to achieve this? how to change the shortcut of this button from registry?

HKCU/software/samsung/minitoday/silverinbox change DWord Data from 0 to 1

Soft reset

Cheers...

Guest RodolfoG

"I would like know whether I can change the default calendar to another program such as Thumbcal."

"One a question, this rom "i900_M2D03fix_PaS08.rar" its possible burn with Windows Vista?"

2 in a row..... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I propose NOT answering repeated questions anymore... because (1) answering them just gives into the laziness of the noobs that don't want to either read the entire topic or SIMPLY DO A SEARCH... and (2) because telling them to read the topic or do a search is simply a waste of time and space on this topic.

And BTW, thx for the fix PaSSoA!

Guest mhmtmtl
HKCU/software/samsung/minitoday/silverinbox change DWord Data from 0 to 1

Soft reset

Cheers...

i tried to mean, in Manilla 2D (this) version. i suppose this tweak works for samsung today screen. in fact, this key does not exist due to the removal of samsung today screens.

Edited by mhmtmtl

I haven't upgraded to this rom yet (waiting for M2D update 20) but i'd like to know if i can disable the start menu and softkeys at the bottom so that manilla takes up the whole screen because i really hate the popups and misc. windows stuff.

BTW thanks for the great rom.

Edited by bpivk

Guest mrkbuddy

thanks alot PaSSoA

but i got a problem with windows live

for the first time when i download emails to my inbox

when i click on the mail tab it get freez and after that it dosnt

work at all the M2D get stuck..you have to restart ur device or

deactivate touchflo..

is there any solution for it..

cheers

Guest Anfloyd

For some reason I'm not being alerted when I receive new emails. Have both sound and vibrate checked in settings but it seems that when I receive one it just automatically opens up and is saved as read. On M2D02.

Anyone else had problems?

Guest mhmtmtl
Can I install this on?

- i900XJHH1/BAHH2

- i900BUHG5

Can I use Vista to install it?

yep, update from any ROM is possible. and about vista issue, let me say that when you execute the downloader it is written "userdownloader xp" in title.

Edited by mhmtmtl

Guest Quist09

Although it sounds as though some bugs are still there, I want to send a MAJOR kudos to you, Passoa, for releasing this minor fix.

On the first edition of the third version I had all of the previously mentioned errors, but the scary ones were an indication of data corruption in the build as you said. Intermittently, I tried opening my Exchange inbox, it would freeze and present itself as a Chinese/Icelandic named program in Wktask. In TT, I also had the system not adjusting to screen rotations.

Just as soon as my battery charges green, I'll flash the fix. Your ROMs are generally the best thing going IMHO, so thanks again for this update.

found another bug...

in the setting page and menu button..when selecting "Wireless Network" would not bring up the wireless module - FIXED

also in the comm manager....and setting button...when selecting "Wireless Lan" would not bring up the wireless setting either - not fix

Edited by minhgi

Guest omnia newbie

love the rom!.. thanks PoSSoA for quick update..... weather forcast can add multiple cities on M2D......just wonder.... if any one can add the time to each city..........much more convenient for travel........... if anyone can do this would be truely a great phone/rom.. showing weather/time.. at the same time..just a suggestion

Guest koikoi79

hi passoa

my device is DXHH1 , i just downloaded M2D03Fix, halfway it just said "PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!" , and it do nothing just hang there.. wat should i do??? should i unpluck it or just waiti , because it seems nothing happen

Hi PoSSoA,

Great Work! U nvr fail to impress me with the efforts u spent to keep your rom updated! Kudos :lol:

BTW You updated in the main page that there's a task switcher fix in this D03Fix.

Is this supposed to fix the issue with the fdcSoft Task Switcher?

Well...cos I tried and it's still not working :D

I also like to concure with minhgi that the Comms Settings>Wireless LAN module is not able to launch.

Hey man, keep up the good work!

Guest omnia newbie

hi PoSSoA

the home page has a grey out alarm off.. not sure the usefulness of it.. or is it a bug.. it is great that you have samsung alarm.. but it you set alarm on ( it is working great) but the grey word "alrm off" still appear ..

found another bug...

in the setting page and menu button..when selecting "Wireless Network" would not bring up the wireless module

also in the comm manager....and setting button...when selecting "Wireless Lan" would not bring up the wireless module either....

Should be fixed in M2D03fix. It works for me in settings page. For the settings in comm manager, it's within the program itself.

Hi PoSSoA,

Great Work! U nvr fail to impress me with the efforts u spent to keep your rom updated! Kudos :lol:

BTW You updated in the main page that there's a task switcher fix in this D03Fix.

Is this supposed to fix the issue with the fdcSoft Task Switcher?

Well...cos I tried and it's still not working :D

I also like to concure with minhgi that the Comms Settings>Wireless LAN module is not able to launch.

Hey man, keep up the good work!

Replied above on the Comms Manager Settings.

I am currently using fdcsoft taskswitcher and it works fine. Did you perform a hardreset after flashing?

Edit: There still may be a problem, was working fine in my initial tests. Will investigate further.

hi PoSSoA

the home page has a grey out alarm off.. not sure the usefulness of it.. or is it a bug.. it is great that you have samsung alarm.. but it you set alarm on ( it is working great) but the grey word "alrm off" still appear ..

M2D reads specific code to display the status, so it cannot read from Samsung Alarm, so as suggested in the first post, disable the Alarm Status with M2DC.

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest eduuuuu

Suggestion for next ROM.

Remove wallpapers and long ring tones.

They can take a lot of space, that for most of us is precious.

I believe everyone can add their own wallpapers and ringtones.

What about Audio Manager?

Does anyone else find it hard to use due to slow and freezing??? (keeps searching for songs...)

Thank you very much for your work.

Will Donate.

Edited by eduuuuu

just flash the hot fix rom.................

one of the bug was fix but the second one did not..

in the setting page and menu button..when selecting "Wireless Network" would not bring up the wireless module - FIXED

also in the comm manager....and setting button...when selecting "Wireless Lan" would not bring up the wireless setting either - not fix - not so clear

*more detail of the error* In the Commnication page, select "Settings", then select "Wireless Lan" should have brought up the WIFI setting module (where you can select the wireless network to connect too)...but it does not.

OH..can you provide me with Photo Slides in CAB form. Kinda needs that one.. Thanks

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Second to "bring back the good standard photo slide in cab", also be really nice to have Today Samsung 2 in the ROM or additional setting.

Thnx for the outstanding work but be sure to fix major bugs first instead of shotgun at once. Does this also fix the pixelation scratchy sketch when swiping in the Album viewer?