(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

hi professional,

how to revert back to the official ROM from Samsung website?

please refer to the error message i have from my screen shot. thank you.

It is considered polite to do some searching yourself.. This was the first hit in google(!!!!):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=907768

Edited by us1111

Hello again,

does anyone have this problem since you use Manila-Rom?

If nobody can help me i will flash back to the normal ROMs from Secany

I think you have to adress this problem to the GPS tuner folks... http://www.gpstuner.com/support.htm

Please enable the Debug mode in Settings/Other Settings (3/3). This case GPS Tuner will start in Debug mode and will create a debug.log file when error comes. Please send this debug.log to us ([email protected]), it may help to solve the problem.

Guest Mitch222
I think you have to adress this problem to the GPS tuner folks... http://www.gpstuner.com/support.htm

yeas, i also thought about it, but i can not reach the settings inside GPS-Tuner to enable this debug mode. The Program does not start correctly. And i can swear they told me to use "original" ROms.

My next aim is to remove NetCF3.5 an reinstall 2.o again, perhaps it solves the problem.

Hello all,

I'm having a problem upgrading this rom with my Omnia. After downloading the firmware, I clicked on the rom and tried to update but it didn't detect my phone. ActiveSync and Modem XP drivers already installed. I'm running DXHJ1. Please help B) !!!

Thanks.

Guest squeezo

First of all..........

A Very Big Thanks to Passoa.............wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo B) B)

This Rom is super!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few minor bugs, but hey even in the original rom from Samsung there are some and the programmers get paid a lot more than Passoa I guess.

Second..........

I am really getting annoyed with these noob questions asking the same old and already answered questions B)

Please People read from the beginning or use Search. That feature does really work!!!! B)

I keep following your work.

Greetings Eric

The Netherlands

Guest benson_tan2001
It is considered polite to do some searching yourself.. This was the first hit in google(!!!!):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=907768

i did my research before i post my error msg here. and i didn't find anything working for me.

this is why i send this error msg to you guys define as "professional".

I just recently downloaded the DTHJ9/M2D03 firmware in this form. Now, I want to send my

device to the service centre for repair and i need to revert back to the official ROM or else

the service centre will void my repair service.

I hope the "professional" can help me out here. I even try this link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...ix/#entry907768

but it won't hard reset from it after keying the code on my phone.

So please help me out here from some kind "professional". Thank you very much in advance.

First of all..........

A Very Big Thanks to Passoa.............wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo B) B)

This Rom is super!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few minor bugs, but hey even in the original rom from Samsung there are some and the programmers get paid a lot more than Passoa I guess.

Second..........

I am really getting annoyed with these noob questions asking the same old and already answered questions B)

Please People read from the beginning or use Search. That feature does really work!!!! B)

I keep following your work.

Greetings Eric

The Netherlands

I already searched, but couldn't find the right topics. I wasn't sure what keyword to put in to search for the problem I'm having. Please help if you know.

Thank you.

hi this is a problem that i dont think has been solved so can u not moan at me for askin pls, windows live email settings no longer work since i updated to fix 1 but they worked with just M2DO3 rom b4 fixes!

How do i do that.

I've found a couple of different Touchlaunch but all they do is open the program?!?

Thanks.

U hav to do a hard reset. The skin u choose was not of a compatible resolution for omnia hence there's a prob accessing option now. My advice is not to change skin for touchlaunch unless u know very sure which is the supported skin for omnia.

How do i do that.

I've found a couple of different Touchlaunch but all they do is open the program?!?

Thanks.

U hav to do a hard reset. The skin u choose was not of a compatible resolution for omnia hence there's a prob accessing option now. My advice is not to change skin for touchlaunch unless u know very sure which is the supported skin for omnia.

Ultimate Theft alert 3.5 Screen Incompatibility with M2D

Hi PaSSoA,

I was using UTA in omnia previously before M2D and it worked perfect!

Tried to install UTA now but there seems to be a screen resolution issue with the M2D. The screen resolution of UTA displayed on the screen goes way out of the screen size so you can only see part of the screen. This is a great application for fellow members here to protect themselves against theft of their phones or rather find the means to trace back the phones.

Hope you can help to look into the screen resolution issues of UTA with the M2D when you have the time.

Cheers! B)

UTAv35_GPS_MONITOR.rar

Guest Quist09

This may sound like a noob question, but I've read the others' posts about it and many responses and am still none the wiser.

The video recording problem. Recording and playback with device memory and my storage are no problems, but recording to a storage card renders corrupt files. Now I know most of us are thinking it has to do with cheap-ass cards with major delay, and this is indeed a possibility, but I've had no problems with previous roms, or rather about HJ1 and earlier.

I'm wondering if the later base roms somehow changed the recording algorithm or process slightly, making it more delay sensitive.

I have a Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8GB microSDHC (so it shouldn't be a problem). In the background I have fring and activesync running. I have quite a bit of data on the card, including multiple pictures so that may be playing a role as well. Running M2D03FIX.

Could anybody confirm or deny? Those of you that have no problem on this rom, could you tell me what card you're using (we can look up the rated r/w speeds and delay).

Guest zipperzam
This may sound like a noob question, but I've read the others' posts about it and many responses and am still none the wiser.

The video recording problem. Recording and playback with device memory and my storage are no problems, but recording to a storage card renders corrupt files. Now I know most of us are thinking it has to do with cheap-ass cards with major delay, and this is indeed a possibility, but I've had no problems with previous roms, or rather about HJ1 and earlier.

I'm wondering if the later base roms somehow changed the recording algorithm or process slightly, making it more delay sensitive.

I have a Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8GB microSDHC (so it shouldn't be a problem). In the background I have fring and activesync running. I have quite a bit of data on the card, including multiple pictures so that may be playing a role as well. Running M2D03FIX.

Could anybody confirm or deny? Those of you that have no problem on this rom, could you tell me what card you're using (we can look up the rated r/w speeds and delay).

I had the same problem. Do a hard reset and you should be fine.

i did my research before i post my error msg here. and i didn't find anything working for me.

this is why i send this error msg to you guys define as "professional".

I just recently downloaded the DTHJ9/M2D03 firmware in this form. Now, I want to send my

device to the service centre for repair and i need to revert back to the official ROM or else

the service centre will void my repair service.

I hope the "professional" can help me out here. I even try this link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...ix/#entry907768

but it won't hard reset from it after keying the code on my phone.

So please help me out here from some kind "professional". Thank you very much in advance.

Maybe you should ask (and search) here?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-omg/

This topic is about your problem..

Hello all,

I'm having a problem upgrading this rom with my Omnia. After downloading the firmware, I clicked on the rom and tried to update but it didn't detect my phone. ActiveSync and Modem XP drivers already installed. I'm running DXHJ1. Please help B) !!!

Thanks.

What did you do exactly? So step by step..

Guest Unisoldrew

Good idea, i'll try a hard reset and see if that works.

(I wonder if anyone's found a successful way to auto re-install programs?)

Guest Andrejsxe
Yes, just copy the whatever-theme.zip to \Program Files\M2DC\Themes, open Manilla2Dconfig.exe, you may want to backup default theme/settings first. Then, go to themes click add, search for the whatever-theme.zip and click ok. After that Apply Theme and you're on your way. Change the htchomesettings.xml to fit the Omnia resolution and you're done.

Screenshots below...

Not too sure if it can be done on Visita, but I think it throws out some problems. There is no way to install FlashLite3.1 as the original ROM had FL2.0, only way to use FL3.5 is with a cooked ROM B)

Some shots on how easy it is to customise the theme. Props to the author of M2DC and M2D skinners...

Hi,

I need some help.

How can I change the current theme xml file to fit to the screen resolution?

I installed the HTC X Button app. And it doesn't work. Did anyone else install yet?

try reinstalling the app

I installed 6 skins after unchecking the M2D form the today items ( I found them somewhere here ), they did not crash BUT they did not fill the screen , there is always a black stripe less than 2 cm, otherwise they are OK.

Any way to install them properly, some of them are really nice .

I also tried to install on the skins that are available in the touchlaunch under options but no change.

Edited by M Seif

Good idea, i'll try a hard reset and see if that works.

(I wonder if anyone's found a successful way to auto re-install programs?)

UC?

PaSSoa if you navigate from M2D to Settings--> Menu--> Bluetooth Devices, the Samsung Alarm clock opens B) .

Wireless Devices works as it should.

Noted. Will fix it whenever a new version of M2D comes out.

Hi,

I need some help.

How can I change the current theme xml file to fit to the screen resolution?

I installed the HTC X Button app. And it doesn't work. Did anyone else install yet?

Use the themes that sector painstakingly modified for the Omnia, should work fine.

Don't think X-button works, think I tried it while cooking the ROM, but didn't include it as it didn't work properly.

I installed 6 skins after unchecking the M2D form the today items ( I found them somewhere here ), they did not crash BUT they did not fill the screen , there is always a black stripe less than 2 cm, otherwise they are OK.

Any way to install them properly, some of them are really nice .

Use M2DC, which can be found in \Start Menu\Programs\. Just select theme in the M2DC and search for the zip file to replace your theme.

Edited by PaSSoA