(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest jpotrpin

@PaSSoA: is there a way to put tasks on the home screen under missed calls and calendar??

GREAT JOB i love your ROM

Edited by jpotrpin

Guest teixeira.vh

Hi there,

Anyone experienced an anormal battery drain using this ROM?

Charged last night and after only 14 hours, with no calls, just received one or two emails,

dropped to 40 %???

teixeira.vh

To All my Supporters!

Please check your email as I've sent you something special. If you have donated but not received my email, please email or PM me back.

Cheers!

Edited by PaSSoA

Great ROM, Passoa, thank you!

I have one question, please:

Where is the background-skin of the Comm Manager ?

It´s not in Manila GMX and not in /Windows/

I have a black Theme now and this blue background in Comm Manager ist ugly and hardly readable (blue letters on blue skin ...),

Wher can I find it to change it to a better background ?

Thanks !

Jepe

Guest Unisoldrew

Hi Passoa, just made my donation to you - 6GS278898H977381W

Could you please advise how to rectify my problem stated above with Touchlaunch.

I tried changing the skin and now it crashes everytime i try and go into options to change back.

It works ok as it is but the skin is the wrong size/layout and ruins the effectiveness of the application.

It was kindly suggested above a hard reset may work but would rather avoid this if an easier way of resolving.

I was going to download a CAB and reinstall it but didn't want to mess things up even more with it already being embedded in your ROM.

Thanks in advance.

hey...Passoa

wanted to donate..but the donate button link to the Paypal for the UK..would not allow me to log in.

I can not pass on the mola to you!! What is your email for paypal..just PM me when you get a chance...

Again good rom... I was able to stuff all the apps that I use onto i900 and still have 10mb left.

Guest Unisoldrew
hey...Passoa

wanted to donate..but the donate button link to the Paypal for the UK..would not allow me to log in.

Did you enter the $ amount (and click update) before logging in?

New working app can implemented to new M2D find it here SRS WOW: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=935560

Download and install the attached cab.

Soft reset

Browse to your Registry with TotalCommander or Resco Explorer or any registry editor.

Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Wave Dev] . Overwrite the "DLL" with this value "R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll"

Edit: Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd] .Overwrite the "DLL" with this value "bta2dp.dll"

Soft reset and enjoy.

The app can start from Settings-->System--> WOW Effects

If you screw up B) im attaching also the original registry file so you just transfer it to your phone and click on it to accept the changes.

EDIT: I have uploaded a newer release pls follow the same procedure

EDIT2: Newer version doesnt work so use the old one B) , I removed the new version so u dont get confused.

Enjoy

WaveDev.rar

post-150032-1226433485_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1226433492_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1226433508_thumb.jpg

SRS_WOW_HD_121.CAB

Edited by sector

Guest blurboy1985

Hi,

My omnia's version now is J1(SG). If I upgrade to the latest DTHJ9/M2D03, do I need to do a hardreset and delete everything in my device? Can I change back to the official J1 firmware if I do not like this custom rom? will my phone get bricked?

Sorry, I am not a phone genius hee B)

Guest jonboyuk

Passoa, great rom!!

One small thing though, the battery icon in the task bar is static. Never changes unless I reset. Same thing on two of my omnias. Hard reset both twice. B) Any idea? Batti still works though!

Guest Quist09
I had the same problem. Do a hard reset and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I hardreset the device twice after flashing way back when, so that "shouldn't" have an effect in my case.

Ironically, I softreset a few times and the problem disappeared.

I said "shouldn't" above, because, like many others, I've also been experiencing battery drain and heat generation on this ROM even though many others rave about battery life.

I was going to flash back to an earlier M2D rom, but your response gave me an idea and I may just hardreset and see what effect it has on this on-again, off-again error as well as my battery issues. Cheers!

Installed and its reallly kick ass work !

HI. i got two major issues here. hope the dev can verify this.

1. touchflo - once clicked it give the quit warning error. i guess ive must hv mess up the settings.

2. Mapking 2007 not loading. it hang in the loading

thanks

Bump. again B)

Guest mynullvoid
It's P_bg.png in \windows\. You may need Totalcmd or Resco to overwrite the file.

Are you sure we can replace that file since in Totalcmd shows 'IN ROM' alike Manila2D.exe file that I am trying to replace.

Guest projection
Another question... searched the thread, but have not found an answer so far.

Is it possible to override the behaviour of when you click the quick portrait of someone in M2D under "People"?

Right now it opens windows mobile contact view.

Would it be possible to make it so that it opens the same view as when you tap a contact in the samsung phonebook?

Bumping this question...again... still no answer :/

Guest mucklohner

Hello,

i have a little problem with the sms notification. When i turn on notification for a new sms with flashlight, no limit, then the led works well till the phone switch to standby. Is this a bug of the phoneupdate J9? I remember in previous version it works well, or is this a bug in the custom rom?

I love M2D03!!!!! B)