(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest mhmtmtl
I have....

PDA: DXHG3

PHONE: DXHG3

Can i upgrade to this rom? Is there a big chance of bricking my phone?

install samsung modem drivers, restart your computer and no chance that you will brick your phone. rom update is in no ways related to the previous rom version

Ok, but that's about original ROM (if you update your mobile with Samsung ROM). What if you replace original Samsung rom with modified one (not by Samsung, in this case Manilla). I don't want to lose a warranty, because i have 3 days old phone.

The guys at your local Samsung service center are dumb as dornails (beleive me i have been there). They won't figure it out. Or just reflash if needed (use a xx version of firmware that is available at secany's thread). 

Is it possible to damage the phone while flashing it? In case that electricity is plug of because of some works on transformator, while i am flashing the phone...(stupid example, but it's possible).

Thanks

Yup. If you loose power during a reflash you can kiss your phone godbye (if the memory is erased and you unplug it you loose your OS and the phone won't boot). But that really depends on the state your phone was in when you were flashing it (what was uploaded and what wasnt).

I just use my laptop with batery at full and i have no problems. B)

Guest midimal
Ok, let's say i know how to flash my omnia with this rom...is it possible to go back to original Samsung rom after that?

Thanks B)

If u save(dump) your current ROM to PC BEFORE flashing new ROM to your Omnia - yes (USE VERIFY!)

Cheers

Guest midimal

2nd TRY (see pictures @ #1021)

Hi guys

I just "killed" by mistake the extended view of Touch Lounch(see attached JPG)

I opened (unfortunatly) a skin and then could get back

Want to avoid a hard reset. How can I get back

another question: How to save added programms (please see also attached jpg)

Thanks!!!

OK SOLVED - thx for nothing then B) B)

Edited by midimal

Guest Turb0wned

install samsung modem drivers, restart your computer and no chance that you will brick your phone. rom update is in no ways related to the previous rom version

Your sure right? sorry its my first time doing this and its a $500 phone. lol

Guest blurboy1985
If u save(dump) your current ROM to PC BEFORE flashing new ROM to your Omnia - yes (USE VERIFY!)

Cheers

if i didn't dump my original rom to pc, can i still change back to the orginal official omnia firmware?

Guest mynullvoid

I am using M2D03 fixed with new Manila2D.exe, the alarm watermark now working, but clicking at the clock no longer bring to Omnia's World Clock or Alarm setting, it goes to the default WM6.

I found another bug, when I turn on my WiFi for a long time my phone just went blank, I need to reset to bring it working back, I am not sure in 3G or other data connection mode. I hope this shall be fixed in new to come ROM.

Guest lonerboi

anyone facing sound problems?

sometimes my sound wouldn't work at all and there's no warning. Sound ie: system sound, alarm sound, music player sound.

Couldn't find the root of the problem nor repeat it. A soft reset would solve the problem. Using m2d03fix

Guest Mercutio
Hi PaSSoA,

I have flash every your new ROM, and love it.

I would tell you a bugs:

- From M2D Settings->Menu->Bluetooth Devices, it open a Samsung Clock !

- From M2D Settings->Menu->Wireless Network, it open a Samsung Comm !

Pls, tell me how to make: I would like M2D go back to default when click on "All People" will open Standard contacts, click on today clock will open a default clock (not Samsung clock)?

Thx

I have those bugs too, with M2D03.

Cheers,

Mercutio.

Guest blurboy1985

hi need help!

my audio manager keep hanging whenever i scroll do the audio manager icon using touchflo. I need to soft-reset everytime.

But even soft-reset doesn't stop it from "hanging" whenever i open the audio manager. Now i only can use media player to listen to music.

Pls help me! Thanks!

Hey Passoa, when you say "- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? B) ", do you also mean the zoom functions for SMS'es? It seems that I cannot zoom them also, which I found a nice way of finger friendly reading my SMS threads..

Could that be related to your statement?

Guest super start

Hi guys,

My first post, so please be gentle. I tried to update my Omnia with this latest ROM but unfortunately I couldn't. After double clicking ROM binary and when I turn on phone it gets detected and when I click on START it goes to phase I saying Downloading EBOOT and stays there forever. I tried again again and again from different different PCs (XP with Samsung modem driver installed) but with same result. Lucky I did not bricked my phone yet!

FYI, I am currently running M2D02 ROM. Any idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks for reading.

-Afsar

Guest Miguel Pereira

Hi everyone!

First, thanks for all your effort Passoa, this is a really great rom, and I'm enjoying my Omnia much more after installing this. Cannot thank you enough.

I've been reading across all this posts and trying to be updated. I'm still in M2D02, and I'm loving it, apart from a strange situation. I use the samsung phonepad, and I use Portuguese XT9 for writing SMS's. Till here all normal, but randomly the XT9 options for changing/choosing word (dunno how to call it, its the up/down several option menu that pops under the written text) just doesn't appear.

This is really strange, since the current word beeing written still appear underlined, meaning the XT9 is active, but the choice menu is a no-no.

I really want to keep using this Rom, and don't want to go back to regular non Manilla ones, but I've gotta fix this, because I use a lot of Sms's.

Do anyone know what could be happening? Maybe I'm missing something... I've tryed soft and hard reboot. Maybe I just have to wait for the M2D04... (BTW, is the portrait development in good shape? I hope I could help, but I'm a pharmacist, I don't get S**t about this! B))

Keep up the good work!

The guys at your local Samsung service center are dumb as dornails (beleive me i have been there). They won't figure it out. Or just reflash if needed (use a xx version of firmware that is available at secany's thread).

Yup. If you loose power during a reflash you can kiss your phone godbye (if the memory is erased and you unplug it you loose your OS and the phone won't boot). But that really depends on the state your phone was in when you were flashing it (what was uploaded and what wasnt).

I just use my laptop with batery at full and i have no problems. B)

Where can I get the xx version. I found on the net only modified firmware but not original.

p.s. @bpivk: lahko mi po slo. poves drugic B)

Guest fatherswatch

okay here I go, everything works fine for me!

BUT in past I used Webcamera plus for webcam and all worked fine for me buuuuut now with the manilla rom it won't work. I don't know why.

Everytime I start the program it's fine (i guess) but when I start webcam in MSN the program is stopping and it freezes

&& I can't close it in taskmanager

any help here?

Guest zkyevolved

Hey everyone, I love this latest build. Battery life is a God-Sent. But i'm still getting that problem with the video "Unable to open file" after recording a video. After doing a restart it was OK. What do you all think could be the problem? I saw in the first and second build it had happened, but in this one it has only happened once, but it could happen again. I have it set to MY STORAGE. and not STORAGE CARD.

Guest jonboyuk

To all those who use this ROM:

Does your battery icon in the taskbar actually work? If you plug the phone into the mains, does the image change? Mine is completely static. Helllllp!

NB - This happens on two Omnias after hard resetting too.

Guest Unisoldrew
To all those who use this ROM:

Does your battery icon in the taskbar actually work? If you plug the phone into the mains, does the image change? Mine is completely static. Helllllp!

NB - This happens on two Omnias after hard resetting too.

Mine is fine with this great ROM so not sure why that should be?

It even charges very fast when USB connected!?!?