(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Should i try re flashing this rom again?

I would avoid reflashing if I were you.

I would check the versions to make sure they match exactly what the should be in this ROM. This is to validate that you have the right versions of PDA and Phone software in your ROM.

I would check that I have the right version of iGo8 or garmin software and followed instructions exactly. If no problems there I would delete the software and follow the instructions again.

If that would not work I would first hard reset and try installing again. Hard reset should take you back to clean ROM.

I would reflash only as a last resort as there is a chance to brick your device.

Strange things happen ...

My Omnia with M2D02fix was running so perfectly (Thank you!) and from one minute to another: Opera does not want to start anymore from the "Internet"-Tab.

It starts from "Programs" but the Internet-Tab is dead - no Boomarks, no Browser to start from here.

All i did was to start "Airplane"-Mode from the Setting-Communcation-Tab. Maybe there is something with Airplane / Data Connections Function, a bug or so.

Maybe this has nothing to do with my problem with the Internet-Tab.

Just wanted to report if anyone knows the problem or what I can do.

Greets

Jepe

Guest blurboy1985
hmmm when i go to the music tab on the tabs, it freezes my whole omnia.... -____- and i have always soft reset, i cant listen music

delete your music and install your music again..

Guest Unisoldrew

After installing the latest version of this ROM my phone is virtually perfect now - thanks a million Passoa.

For anyone else having the same problem as me not being able to upgrade the phone part i would suggst trying on another PC. This worked for me and now my phone (radio) is at XXHJ1 which is great being a UK owner.

Flashing on another PC (a desktop rather than laptop) also fixed my problem with the phone icon/exclamation mark on bootup.

So glad to got to this state without bricking. Obviously one of the lucky ones!

Edited by Unisoldrew

Guest DarkBolt
Can someone help me please.. The only thing i have found with this rom is that i cant get IGO8 to work!!!! I used this alot!

I had this problem too on M2D02. Reported it back on page 30 something of the thread. Since then I have found a work around which seems to work most of the time. If you try to load it and nothing happens, then soft reset. After it reboots load iGO8 from the windows start menu programs folder or file manager, and not from the programs tab in M2D. It sometimes also works if you close all running applications before you load it, but I have never been able to load it from the 'all programs' scrollable list in M2D. I figured it was a memory or CPU usage thing, but once it decides that it does not want to load I have found the only way to then get it to load is to reset. Don't ask me why as there can be loads of free memory and nothing using the CPU and it will still refuse to load.

Guest Turb0wned

Darkbolt... and anyone else that has this problem. I fixed it today. After trying everything stated here the last thing for me to try was to delete every file that had to do with igo do a hard reset and then re-flash this rom again (i really want to keep this rom). I put igo8 from my computer back in and installed it, works perfect again.... Thanks to everyone for your help.

Guest Turb0wned
Darkbolt... and anyone else that has this problem. I fixed it today. After trying everything stated here the last thing for me to try was to delete every file that had to do with igo do a hard reset and then re-flash this rom again (i really want to keep this rom). I put igo8 from my computer back in and installed it, works perfect again.... Thanks to everyone for your help.

Well i spoke to soon. Its been working the whole day and now its doing the same thing.... Also i cant get it to work by reseting like you do...

Guest Krzysiek1971

Hi everyone. Can someone help me pleas... I have installed this ROM and when i restore my PIM backup with PPC Pim Backup i canot launch TouchFlo. I still have "Tap here to launch TouchFlo" I cant launch TouchFlo.

Guest pp56825
Hi everyone. Can someone help me pleas... I have installed this ROM and when i restore my PIM backup with PPC Pim Backup i canot launch TouchFlo. I still have "Tap here to launch TouchFlo" I cant launch TouchFlo.

i had the same problem, try to install M2DC and do restore of manilla settings, maybe there is some other way but it should help.

Edited by pp56825

Is it possible to have Samsung Today 1&2 with this rom?

The rom is great, touchflo works perfect, and the battery life is really improved B)

you can download cabs for them from Dr.DoT site

http://sultanaa.com/awg/CABs/

Or you can get SS Today 2 here. Using it with M2D and no problems so far.

i had the same problem, try to install M2DC and do restore of manilla settings, maybe there is some other way but it should help.

It may also be some messages or call logs, try restoring for example only contacts first and try it, then messages, then call logs etc.

Hi there,

I have alse the IGO Problem, but I have M2D02. I haven't upgraded it to the latest refresh because I haven't been able to find how to backup up settings to restore it after flashing... since the last two questions refer to this... would someone point me to the right direction?

thx!!!

great ROM and great touch flo! B)

MAnillaPAtcher

Hi all! Found the following intresting:

I created a little MAnillaPAtcher. For example this tool is useful if you want start another calendar when clicking in TF3D on a entry.

Currently implemented EXEs which can be changed:

• calendar.exe
  • tmail.exe
  • WLANSettings.exe
  • poutlook.exe
  • OperaL.exe
  • Camera.exe
  • AudioBooster.exe
  • Click on Time
  • (Click on alarm)
  • Phone Settings
  • Bluetooth Settings
  • Sound Settings

Not tested yet with Omnia. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777 for more info.

Guest Krzysiek1971
It may also be some messages or call logs, try restoring for example only contacts first and try it, then messages, then call logs etc.

I'm do that but doesn't work.

Edited by Krzysiek1971

MAnillaPAtcher

Hi all! Found the following intresting:

Not tested yet with Omnia. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777 for more info.

Hmm.. Doesn't work with mine.. I get an exception when i press init. Damn.. that's a bit of a shame, could be a very nice thing...

By the way, music identification works perfect with omnia's resolution now

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447081

Edited by us1111

Please try and get Igo8 working with this ROM. I can't get it to launch at all, even using the methods on the previous page. I like this ROM a lot but I need IGO8

Please try and get Igo8 working with this ROM. I can't get it to launch at all, even using the methods on the previous page. I like this ROM a lot but I need IGO8

iGo8 work perfectly in this ROM version. I have it.

Guest Krzysiek1971

Have anybody some ideas for this ???