(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest Krzysiek1971
Hi everyone. Can someone help me pleas... I have installed this ROM and when i restore my PIM backup with PPC Pim Backup i canot launch TouchFlo. I still have "Tap here to launch TouchFlo" I cant launch TouchFlo.

Same problem with SPB Backup...

Have anybody some ideas for this ???

Guest Turb0wned

For some reason igo8 is working fine for some but not for others. Im obviously not the only one with this problem anymore like someone was stating before... Im going to try some more things and also going to try other programs...

Ladies and gentleman, today we learn to install and configure iGo8 step by step.

1º Search and download iGo 8.3.1 (i dont know if i can put here the megaupload link...)

2º Search and download maps for version 8.3 (type in google "carlonio" and the second link B) )

3º Connect Omnia to PC

4º Decompress the downloaded archives

5º Copy files from iGo8 to My Storage

6º Copy files from maps to iGo/content/map, we see two archives, the map downloaded and base map

7º In Omnia. Start - Settings - External GPS - Program Port = COM3, Hardware tab - Hardaware port = COM9, baud rate = 4800, Access tab - tick over Manage GPS automatically

8º In iGo Settings. Tick over GPS activate, Port = 3, Baud = 4800

9º We would be read "The GPS is active" or something else

10º Wait for capture satellites, the first time could be 20 or 30 minutes. After will be 10 o 20 seconds B)

I do it and i use iGo 8 perfectly.

One more thing, sorry for my english.

Regards.

Guest kurniawan
Hey everyone, I love this latest build. Battery life is a God-Sent. But i'm still getting that problem with the video "Unable to open file" after recording a video. After doing a restart it was OK. What do you all think could be the problem? I saw in the first and second build it had happened, but in this one it has only happened once, but it could happen again. I have it set to MY STORAGE. and not STORAGE CARD.

I see i'm not the only one over here. It happend to me when i started the video/ camera trough the photo's and video's tab on touchflo. After that i get the error Unable to open file. even after a soft reset. After that i resetted it again and opened the camera trough the shortcut camera button on the side and voila.... it worked again as usual!! So i gave it another try using the photo's and video's tab and, u might guess it already, Unable to open file!!!!!!

It's not a major big problem to me but it's a bug....

But this rom kicks ass... really!!! i also have iGO 8.3 working here... it only gives an error when i exit the prog, but it works perfectly when on.

O, i do have a small question. is there a way to improve the video record quality because the sound is poor and it doesnt sync with the video at all. which is also a very poor quality too.

furthermore thanx Passoa!!!

Guest mucuracat
Ladies and gentleman, today we learn to install and configure iGo8 step by step.

1º Search and download iGo 8.3.1 (i dont know if i can put here the megaupload link...)

2º Search and download maps for version 8.3 (type in google "carlonio" and the second link B) )

3º Connect Omnia to PC

4º Decompress the downloaded archives

5º Copy files from iGo8 to My Storage

6º Copy files from maps to iGo/content/map, we see two archives, the map downloaded and base map

7º In Omnia. Start - Settings - External GPS - Program Port = COM3, Hardware tab - Hardaware port = COM9, baud rate = 4800, Access tab - tick over Manage GPS automatically

8º In iGo Settings. Tick over GPS activate, Port = 3, Baud = 4800

9º We would be read "The GPS is active" or something else

10º Wait for capture satellites, the first time could be 20 or 30 minutes. After will be 10 o 20 seconds B)

I do it and i use iGo 8 perfectly.

One more thing, sorry for my english.

Regards.

Hi,

it works, but how did you solve the problem with resolution? like the icons dont look good.

Hi,

it works, but how did you solve the problem with resolution? like the icons dont look good.

I dont solve it, iGo resolution is not completely compatible with Omnia screen. We must wait for a new iGo version.

Edited by enede

Dear Experts

I have installed this really good rom, but after few days I tried today1 and I liked it more, so decided to keep using it.

My questions please whick one wud be faster and mor responding , this M2D03fix with today1 installed, or the LT02 with today1 installed ?

All am lloking for is a fast and more responding rom with today1.

Thank you all

Guest juvaknin
Can DTHJ9/M2D03 be downgradeable?

e.g. DTHJ9/M2D03 to DTHJ1, is it ok?

Same question here...

i want to know i can go back to DZHJ1 (the official samsung last firmware..)

Same question here...

i want to know i can go back to DZHJ1 (the official samsung last firmware..)

Should be no problem B) as long as you follow the same process you used to install your current ROM B) B)

Guest juvaknin
Should be no problem B) as long as you follow the same process you used to install your current ROM B) B)

Thanks, i'm now going to try this one....

you think i must installed the Samsung Modem Drivers also? or just ActiveSync4.5 it's enough?

i never used this modem drivers.. all firmware installed without modem drives..

for this Rom i need this drivers?

Guest juvaknin

I can't update this Rom ?!

after i run the EXE file, the program can't find my phone to Start flash it...

i installed the modem drivers also.. same problem..

i notice after the ActiveSync find my phone device i start the EXE file and it's closing the ActiveSync automatic.. looks like problem..

how i can do it?

Guest juvaknin

well.. now i get always the same Error..

i read all over the net and wasn't able to fix my problem.. neeeeddd HELP!

it's always counting numbers and saying Error PhoneUSB Detect Failed...

i know many guys here had this problem... how i can fix it?!? (yes and i have the triangle phone icon on start...)

Guest cheltenham2004

Hi there to all I have played with this device over the past week and have just installed m2do3fix and am very pleased as its far easier to use as this phone is for my daughter (and a little something is on its way too).

My question is now that I have this rom how do I install and get messanger as the orginal rom had it and this roasted one does not, I would also need the idiots guide to where to put it in the phone and how to please B)

hi.... I flashed MD02 but then I cant read thai fonts. What should I do in order that my omnia reads thai fonts too?

Please help B)

Install the Thai.cab from here. http://files.pdamobiz.com/ROMs/XDA/Artemis...ed_v2.2.WM5.cab

If you can read Thai (I can't) check out here  http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=163070&PN=3 or here for Thai Keyboard on Omnia http://www.thai-g.com

Cheers

Guest andyyks
Please READ THIS POST FIRST as I'm trying to compile all contributions in this post so searching for themes, modifications or CABs are easier.

You can also check out sector's thread here on his modified themes.

List of Themes/Modifications available for the Omnia:

1) Weather Icons / xml settings by sector

2) Modify registry to open different contact manager by us1111

3) Internet widgets Icons by sector

4) Album graphics by us1111

5) Modified Theme - Black HTC Manilla, Blue Manilla, Blue O2 by dark_spice / HTCHomesettings XML fixes for Black HTC Manilla & Blue O2 by sector

6) Dark start menu and bottom bar by dark_spice

7) Resized Omnia Wallpapers by sector

8) Black Vista Theme by dark_spice

9) Sticker Theme by sector

10) Sprint Theme by sector

11) Red Void Theme by sector

12) RedXDA Theme by sector

13) Modification to change M2D to use another calendar by sector

14) Change Internet widget instructions by 1900hmv

15) Playspiration 3.1 Theme by georo

16) Blue Steel Theme by sector

17) Add Chinese fonts to your ROM by wingw

18) Original M2D Blue theme by PaSSoA

19) Modification to allow M2D to use other Calendar/Phonebook by us1111

20) Original TaskSwitcher CAB by PaSSoA

21) Resized Widget Tabs to fit Omnia by Vortex

22) Change M2D Home screen Fonts by sector

23) Registry fix for Chinese fonts by new2city / CAB fix by PaSSoA

24) SmartConvertor Fix by PaSSoA

25) Youtube workaround by PaSSoA

26) TouchPlayer CAB by PaSSoA

27) Messenger CAB by PaSSoA

28) OfficeFIX CAB by PaSSoA

I can't read the chinese character SMS Email on the manilla 2D. How do i fix it?

Guest juvaknin

i finally installed this Rom..

it was good only after i removed totaly the ActiveSync from my PC! B)

anyone here using IGO8 on this ROM? i can't make it work on landscape screen.. it's aaalways on protrait screen mode and i can see half of the program screens! B) this is problem!

Edited by juvaknin

Guest jakob2010

Hey, this ROM is very nice!

But I have a question: Can I add iContact to Manila? When I open my contacts in Manila, I want to be in iContact.

In the registry is saved:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS] --> 1 = "\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe".

But it doesn´t work!

Please help!

edit:I've just seen this posting:: icontact in Manila

edit2: I don´t understand it! Can you help me please! How i do it? This is only for the calendar. It could also be the reason that I can not good english...

Thx for help!

Edited by jakob2010

Guest juvaknin

Guys, Please help me out with the GPS problem on this ROM.. what is the vlues i need to put on omnia system (external GPS icon)? or i should use a patch to fix it??