(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest juvaknin
Guys, Please help me out with the GPS problem on this ROM.. what is the vlues i need to put on omnia system (external GPS icon)? or i should use a patch to fix it??

STUPIDDDDDDDD ME!! i was in Flight Mod.. no communications was working.. B) now working great..!

Guest cheltenham2004
Hi there to all I have played with this device over the past week and have just installed m2do3fix and am very pleased as its far easier to use as this phone is for my daughter (and a little something is on its way too).

My question is now that I have this rom how do I install and get messanger as the orginal rom had it and this roasted one does not, I would also need the idiots guide to where to put it in the phone and how to please B)

anyone got any ideas please B)

Guest mucuracat
i finally installed this Rom..

it was good only after i removed totaly the ActiveSync from my PC! B)

anyone here using IGO8 on this ROM? i can't make it work on landscape screen.. it's aaalways on protrait screen mode and i can see half of the program screens! B) this is problem!

if you want landscape.. first turn your omnia to landscape. and start igo ;-)

Guest finaldestiny
anyone got any ideas please B)

You seem like a nice guy so I'll help you out...but next time do some reading around. You'll find and learn a lot more that way.

READ and download from this link. http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274737/...60/#entry933241

It was taken directly from a post further up this page. Number 27 in that list if i'm not mistaken.

Download file.

Unzip file.

Put unzipped file on phone.

Find unzipped file on phone using phone browser.

Tap unzipped file on phone.

Install unzipped file on phone. (any location on the phone will do as far as I know)

Restart (Turn off, then turn back on) the phone. (probably can skip this step)

Messenger should now be installed on the phone. Access from the programs menu.

cheers.

finaldestiny

Guest explorer1

I tried a lot of ROM. This ROM is the best. Thanks to Passoa.

The next step would be the landscape support with the latest version of Manila2D and M2DC based on an official November ROM(xxHKx) instead of DTHJ9

Guest frazerboy

the User Customization can't recognized my "HTCHomeSettings.xml" file; i have it located in the "MyStorage"...any idea?

One more problem: - at the Program Tab, pressing the "All Program" soft button does not do anything??

Edited by frazerboy

Guest juvaknin
the User Customization can't recognized my "HTCHomeSettings.xml" file; i have it located in the "MyStorage"...any idea?

One more problem: - at the Program Tab, pressing the "All Program" soft button does not do anything??

i also wonder why this "All Program" didn't worked...

but i read again.... and it's on the first page!!! B)

here you go.. do that.. as you can see it on page-1 of this Topic! B)

"- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load."

Since updating to this ROM I am unable to get a gps fix in google maps or Garmin XT!

Anybody any ideas as to why?

Nanu

EDIT: All done now! Baud rate was incorrect! (I think!)

Edited by Nanu*1

That's strange... Maybe a storage card problem? I'm not sure, recording to My Storage and Storage Card at all resolutions works for me. I think this was mentioned by another user too. Anyone else having this problem and managed to solve it? Please feel free to chip in. Besides saving it to My Storage, obviously B)

Was a problem with M2D01, not in M2D02. Which version are you using?

You can use the original taskswitcher, the CAB can be found in the 2nd post.

Hello!

I think I found the reason of "Unable to read file.." error when recording videos.

On my omnia problem occures ONLY when I set the directory for recordings as Favourite Album in Manilla (it starts to show files from that folder on main screen).

Probably the Manila process is looking for files in this directory every n-seconds. When we start to record the file it is being opened by camera process for writing and then (that's my thoughts) Manilla try to read this file which occures in its coruption.

So the fix is quick and simple -> do not set favourites album to your photo directory. I don't think if anyone could help us to resolve this issue B).

Please try my advice and let everybody else if it works for you (as it works for me).

Guest ketamdaco
Please READ THIS POST FIRST as I'm trying to compile all contributions in this post so searching for themes, modifications or CABs are easier.

You can also check out sector's thread here on his modified themes.

List of Themes/Modifications available for the Omnia:

1) Weather Icons / xml settings by sector

2) Modify registry to open different contact manager by us1111

3) Internet widgets Icons by sector

4) Album graphics by us1111

5) Modified Theme - Black HTC Manilla, Blue Manilla, Blue O2 by dark_spice / HTCHomesettings XML fixes for Black HTC Manilla & Blue O2 by sector

6) Dark start menu and bottom bar by dark_spice

7) Resized Omnia Wallpapers by sector

8) Black Vista Theme by dark_spice

9) Sticker Theme by sector

10) Sprint Theme by sector

11) Red Void Theme by sector

12) RedXDA Theme by sector

13) Modification to change M2D to use another calendar by sector

14) Change Internet widget instructions by 1900hmv

15) Playspiration 3.1 Theme by georo

16) Blue Steel Theme by sector

17) Add Chinese fonts to your ROM by wingw

18) Original M2D Blue theme by PaSSoA

19) Modification to allow M2D to use other Calendar/Phonebook by us1111

20) Original TaskSwitcher CAB by PaSSoA

21) Resized Widget Tabs to fit Omnia by Vortex

22) Change M2D Home screen Fonts by sector

23) Registry fix for Chinese fonts by new2city / CAB fix by PaSSoA

24) SmartConvertor Fix by PaSSoA

25) Youtube workaround by PaSSoA

26) TouchPlayer CAB by PaSSoA

27) Messenger CAB by PaSSoA

28) OfficeFIX CAB by PaSSoA

Hi PaSSoA

I already flash to your new ROM M2D03Fix, its work great. Thanks so much... B)

But i have questions:

How can i change the soft menu "Phone" to "Lock"

Any Idea?

and i want to know if Silver Inbox only for Mail?

post-425157-1227232638_thumb.jpg

Where's Passoa disappeared to???

Still here B) just have been a little busy with work and wedding plans... Btw, I'm hoping to have enough free time this weekend to release M2D04 with DXHK1.

So stay tuned...Cheers!

Hi PaSSoA

I already flash to your new ROM M2D03Fix, its work great. Thanks so much...

But i have questions:

Any Idea?

Think there are apps out there which can change your softkeys, not too sure mate, google might help B)

Still here B) just have been a little busy with work and wedding plans... Btw, I'm hoping to have enough free time this weekend to release M2D04 with DXHK1.

So stay tuned...Cheers!

Oh. wedding plans ...It's sounded so sweet!!! congratulation for you!!!

And we are also so pleasure that the M2D04 with DXHK1 will come...THX PaSSoA!!!!

Edited by yjg

Guest ketamdaco

So stay tuned...Cheers!

Think there are apps out there which can change your softkeys, not too sure mate, google might help B)

So, you are planning your Wedding Party, Mate. Congratulation for you and ur couple.... B)

Happy wedding......

Guest juvaknin

So stay tuned...Cheers!

Thanks for your great job! B)

i will be able to upgrade it from DTHJ9/M2D03 to DXHK1?

there is any diffrent between them??

Guest DonalCasey

PaSSoA,

First post, and to say 'What a great ROM'. Well done mate. Will donate once my PayPal is sorted!!

@ketamdaco, to change the softkey to lock, use M2DC to change the Softkey. I have done that for S2U2 and it works a treat, only for the Home page though - I added a program link for it as well on the Programs page.

To everyone who cooks ROMs, keep up the good work.

Cheers

Donal

Thanks for your great job! B)

i will be able to upgrade it from DTHJ9/M2D03 to DXHK1?

there is any diffrent between them??

What is DXHK1 means ? does it replace the DTHJ9?M2D03 so it is in English language and I can upload the Arabization I use just like the M2D03FIX ?

Hi PaSSoA

I already flash to your new ROM M2D03Fix, its work great. Thanks so much... B)

But i have questions:

Any Idea?

You do not have to. it is already there. Just press the Right hand HW button fro 3 seconds and it will Lock and Unlock the phone.

You can also change that function from Setting>Buttons>

hi PaSSoA,

i feedback to your that gps software cant be used.

is that still same ?

hope can find a solution for this asap.

mapking. agis, garmin. none working. B)

thanks