(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest frazerboy

After installing M2D4, there seems to be some bug,

1) Clicking the clock opens WM alarm not Samsumg

2) Touch is not as responsive as M2D3

3) M2D3 configure does not work!

I hve since reinstalled back to M2D3, more functional, but there some program in M2D4 looks interesting, can someone post the extras individually...thks

I downloaded the rom and try to install it. But it stopped at step 1. It seems cannot download the EBOOT to PDA. Dear PaSSoA, do you have any idea? Please help. The existing rom using is i908zhhj2. Thanks in advance.

Guest tim1979

Dear Master,

Love the M2D rom u have created for us.

But after installing M2D04, seem that the response is slower than the M2D03, but one thing great about M2D04 is the GPS, Its Fast!!!

Is there possibility of having M2D03 on DXHK1 ??

Love the M2D03 respond....

thanks!

Guest midimal
Dear Master,

Love the M2D rom u have created for us.

But after installing M2D04, seem that the response is slower than the M2D03, but one thing great about M2D04 is the GPS, Its Fast!!!

Is there possibility of having M2D03 on DXHK1 ??

Love the M2D03 respond....

thanks!

What has HK1 what HJ9 doesnt have`? B)

I am using it since it was released i didnt notice any bugs /problems

Guest eduuuuu

This is again an amazing job!

But this rom is indeed slower than the previous one (03)

I'd like to add Portuguese language for the xt9 keyboard.

In this rom (04) all languages were removed, but English.

Where can I find the files, and where can I put them? - I don't want to replace the English language / keyboard

P.S. The search in this forum is not working.

Tks for your help.

Hi All,

I apologise for the lack of responses / updates. My beloved grandmother had passed on a few days ago and I was busy with the funeral arrangements.

But do not worry as I would still be monitoring this thread for any major problems and would update a new ROM should there be any significant improvements in builds or apps.

Until then, I do hope those with more experience would help those who are flashing their devices for the first time and need advice.

Regards...

Guest kersten
Hi All,

I apologise for the lack of responses / updates. My beloved grandmother had passed on a few days ago and I was busy with the funeral arrangements.

But do not worry as I would still be monitoring this thread for any major problems and would update a new ROM should there be any significant improvements in builds or apps.

Until then, I do hope those with more experience would help those who are flashing their devices for the first time and need advice.

Regards...

Sincere condolences

Guest diverdude
Hi All,

Regards...

Guest diverdude
Hi All,

Regards...

Guest diverdude
Hi All,

Regards...

Guest diverdude
Hi All,

Regards...

I'm sorry about the previous 3 posts that are without my reply.....brain fart I guess.

On a serious note........I am very sorry for your loss. I hope and pray that you and your family will be given strengh through this very difficult time.

I do check your post everyday in hopes of discoverying a new ROM that I can flash and enjoy. It's always a joy to see what you have put together for us to play with. Your Roms are the only Roms I use because they are simply the best!!

I believe HK3 is out....will you be able to build something for us in the near future??

Thanks!

God Bless, Diverdude

Sincere condolences from me also PaSSoa.

We are inpatient of course for the next rom release B) but one step at a time.

Take your time and we are here to help the new comers.

Guest scoiattolo
I have M2D3 in my Omnia. My city is not included in the weather city selection. How can I add my city to the list?

There is a thread on how to do this on the main forum

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...in-weather-tab/

Does anyone know if i can see more calendar item on the home tab???i see only 1 meetting

It's not possible. It's a M2D limitation.

In this rom (04) all languages were removed, but English.

Where can I find the files, and where can I put them? - I don't want to replace the English language / keyboard

Have a look some pages back in this thread. Look for the ones dated on the 24th of November or immediately after and you will find a link for download the missing T9 languages.

Basically you have to install the Tegic XT9 Black Theme International Support and you get all the languages B).

The link for the.CAB file is this one:

http://www.vitaln.com/ehalos/omnia/cabs.cf...ternational.rar

Just install and soft reset B)

Guest teixeira.vh
Sincere condolences from me also PaSSoa.

We are inpatient of course for the next rom release B) but one step at a time.

Take your time and we are here to help the new comers.

So...will you be able to help me with my bluetooth problem??

I always get a error message whem trying to conect...it simply

dont activate bluetooth...any ideas??

I really dont want to reflash, but i guess i'll have to...

Thanks.

So...will you be able to help me with my bluetooth problem??

I always get a error message whem trying to conect...it simply

dont activate bluetooth...any ideas??

I really dont want to reflash, but i guess i'll have to...

Thanks.

Is beam enabled with the bluetooth? I noticed that if beam is not enabled you cannot send files. (at least on my experience)

Guest Downloaderz
Just flashed my rom today, awesome work!

One thing though, how do I change the keyboard back to Omnia's original one? I tried the link on the frontpage to the xda page, but it's still the same black keyboard. Do i need to replace the files in windows? I tried it anyway and it says im not allowed to.

Try a search in this post, it has been discussed before with a solution.

Though i can't remember the page number

Couldn't find it earlier, and now the search function is not working..

hi im trying customise comm manager on m2d04 rom can sumone help me out, want to change the backround image, selection image, and also add the 3g option into it. can sum 1 tell me how to do this please?

Hello,

2 quick questions please :

- anyone know how to change the "ALL PEOPLE" button in Contacts TAB to redirect to another contact manager than the samsung?

- I am unable to install NETCF3.5 on this ROM. I was on previous one...

Please let me know!

Thanks

Guest kersten
Hello,

2 quick questions please :

- anyone know how to change the "ALL PEOPLE" button in Contacts TAB to redirect to another contact manager than the samsung?

- I am unable to install NETCF3.5 on this ROM. I was on previous one...

Please let me know!

Thanks

Netcf3.5 is already in this rom

Use the description of us1111

Read on page 2

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274737/...40/#entry928755

Use the description of us1111

Read on page 2

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274737/...40/#entry928755

Hi thanks for the tip... I did that but changed the path as my icontact.exe is in programfiles\icontact but still the samsung phonebook launches when i click on "All People"

Should I unload Manila2D from today and reload it?

Any clue why nothing is happening even after registry change? is soft reset needed? I tried everything and always the samsung phonebook is showing when I click "All People" softkey...

Please Please I am banging my head on this one !

Edited by LGDP

Guest kersten
Hi thanks for the tip... I did that but changed the path as my icontact.exe is in programfiles\icontact but still the samsung phonebook launches when i click on "All People"

Should I unload Manila2D from today and reload it?

Any clue why nothing is happening even after registry change? is soft reset needed? I tried everything and always the samsung phonebook is showing when I click "All People" softkey...

Please Please I am banging my head on this one !

Sorry, at my the last post i meant: Read on Page 1 Post 2

I think after editing registry you have to restart, try this first.

Try this

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274737/...80/#entry930567

Same side same Post (Nr.19)

Edited by kersten

I got the same problem, all people button still launches the samsung contact program. The solution provided by us1111 changes the default windows contact program to icontact. however, it seems that the new manila refers to the samsung contact software, so changing the default windows contact software doesnt make any difference. Anyone else got a solution?