T-Mobile UK Rom update - any success stories?

Guest HasC

Hi All,

I would like to know if anyone has successfully updated the rom on a UK branded t-mobile Omnia, I have seen a previous post which generally refer to Vodafone.

I would like to update my Rom, but with all the bricking posts and the fact that the one I have does not hard reset using any of the methods used in another post makes me feel that I may have one from a very early batch. I am reluctant to attempt to update as I feel it may be one of the early builds where i might get the "Monohan" state.

Phone details are:

PDA XXHH7/BOHH5

PHONE BOHH2

Hi All,

I would like to know if anyone has successfully updated the rom on a UK branded t-mobile Omnia, I have seen a previous post which generally refer to Vodafone.

I would like to update my Rom, but with all the bricking posts and the fact that the one I have does not hard reset using any of the methods used in another post makes me feel that I may have one from a very early batch. I am reluctant to attempt to update as I feel it may be one of the early builds where i might get the "Monohan" state.

Phone details are:

PDA XXHH7/BOHH5

PHONE BOHH2

Hi,

I got A T-Mobile Omnia branded omnia. upon receiving (~3weeks ago) i flashed to HI1, everything went smooth. don't forget to install the samsung modem driver.

about other issues like the hard reset, i didn't encounter them when i got my device.

success.

Hi,

I got A T-Mobile Omnia branded omnia. upon receiving (~3weeks ago) i flashed to HI1, everything went smooth. don't forget to install the samsung modem driver.

about other issues like the hard reset, i didn't encounter them when i got my device.

success.

Thanks for the response, this gives me a bit more confidence to go ahead and update, did you notice a big difference after updating? e.g. performance, battery life etc.

Thanks for the response, this gives me a bit more confidence to go ahead and update, did you notice a big difference after updating? e.g. performance, battery life etc.

To tell you the truth, i got the device locked to t-mobile, and i thought flashing it will disable the lock ( which didn't). so when i got it i flashed right away - can't compare between the 2 roms.

Guest ivanxxx

Hello there, I'am a PDA XXHH7/BOHH5 - PHONE BOHH2 user too, I'm quite pleased with the rom; it has faster lunching menus than JUHH2 and more stable

wi-fi without crashing up.. but I dont like intro splash screen and silly welcoming sound, I'm trying to modify it now.. And one more problem about rom size which you have 40mbs free after installation..

• 2 months later...
Guest omniajet13
I have put the vodafone ACHJ2 ROM on my T-Mobile Omnia, and it worked OK. Battery life is much better and the updated went very smooth.

I got my omnia (wicked Phone) just before christmas and immediately debranded to tarils dx custom roms . thay are brilliant. For safteys sake i dual booted my laptop with vista and xp and i use xp to do all the rom updates but i use vista to do any installations and syncing and general stuff.

PS i asked tmobile to get me the code for unlocking the phone and they did so without quibble and no charge also :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TonyOCL
Hi,

success.

Do you have the instructions for doing this along with an address for getting the ROM.

I rang T-Mobile who don't know when they will get their own rom (indeed if there will be any).

Samsung said the same :-(

also would you know if either of the two following are fixed in the new rom

1) Syncing with two computers

2) DivX working for all types of DivX movies?

Thanks

Tony