Omnia's Odd Little Bugs & Fixes

Guest finaldestiny

Guest Tim T.
When I try to compose any SMS or any other text document such as in Excel or Word and using standard query keypad or any other pad, the character on the extreme right of keypad do not get typed when I click them but character adjacent to the character clicked gets typed.

For example if I click on P then O appears and this issue is particularly with top row only.

I tried realign screen also but no solution.

If any of have solution.

Micrographics... I had that same problem and the only solution that worked for me was to replace the digitizer. You'll see a pinned topic about this. It's a bit tricky but doable with minimal electronics knowledge. It will run you between 15 and 20 bucks.

Hope that helps!

TT

Guest ivanxxx
I never seen a reply for this...(I maybe half blind though!). I have this same problem and trying to figure out how to fix it. I have the stock latest Verizon ROM. Anybody have any ideas?

Maybe you use a dialer app that controls sound profiles. I just leave inesoft phone dialer for this. It conflicts with windows (wm6.5) when I set the device to vibro mode in windows, if I leave inesoft on ringing mode, it rings even if I see vibro icon on taskbar..

I have the Omnia i910(Verizon) with the latest official ROM that unlocks the GPS (CF03).

I have 3 annoying bugs that I would PAY to see fixed. I would even give an unopened copy of MS Office 2007 to anyone who can fix the first one at least.

1. When enabling Auto Answer with my Bluetooth headset (I have tried 3 different headsets) I get a persistent "Auto Answer Enabled" notification that cannot be dismissed as long as auto answer is enabled. It changes the left soft key to "Notification" and will not go away, even after a reset, until I disable auto answer. I need auto answer because I drive and do not want to touch the phone while driving.

2. When the phone is charged I get an "Charge Complete" notification that will not go away until I reset the phone.

3. I cannot voice dial using bluetooth when the phone screen is locked.

There must be a registry edit or other way to dismiss or even disable these notifications. Anyone have any ideas? I am desperate.

Here is my fix that I use.

Be sure to install to the Device.

It imports a new reg key and replaces the notify.wav

-rcicu

RCICU_ChargeCompleteNotificationOmniaFix.zip

Guest Fecious

I've got a strange SMS bug. When replying to a text, only the first letter of the word I type appears. It happens only when I reply, and it's somewhat irritating. Any fix for this?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cojilas

my issue is that email seems to only download headers, even though i have the settings set to download all email. I am running sector's 23064 build of 6.5, and for all my email - exchange, live mail and SMS messages, when I try to click on the header to see the details, the email is marked as read, but I cannot get to the details. Other settings (calendar, etc) work fine - I can see the details - just not email. Anybody seen this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Revhead
I have big problem with sms bug when I want to read and reply a sms a white page coming and just I can make end call for exit this page.i cant read and reply please help me

Same thing happens to me.

I tried installing the SMS bug fix but I've still got the problem.

Has anyone solved this? If I click on the keyboard I eventually get the reply screen but it takes up to a minute or so before it appears?

Guest dopeness

I have the i910. I have a nagging problem. I take pitures and want to send them to someone via mms. I used to get the error that the picture needs to be resized. I would press ok and then the picture would be reoformatted automatically and then I would send the pic. Now, I don't get an error, but when I send the picture it is only showing up on other phones at on 1/3 the size. Has anyone got a fix for this? thanks

Guest york307cc

Both me and my wife have i900's on Orange (BVHH1 roms) and we both have occasions where duplicate text messages are sent without us actually sending duplicate texts.

Orange are blaming the message centres and dont know what to do to rectify issue.

has anyone else had a similar problem or know of it?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest Mudvayne622

I dont have any of the bugs listed in this topic but i do have a new one. My phone randomly changes from using the speaker on the back for all ringtones and notifications to using the earpiece on the front. Kinda hard to hear an incoming call from a few feet away through that tiny speaker. Has anyone else had this problem? i have had my omnia i910 for 9 months now and it has done it occasionally since day 1 even before i did any flashing to custom roms. soft reset takes care of the problem but does anyone know why its happening?

Guest Fred Bloggs

Hi, I'm trying to stop that annoying KeyPad from popping up every time you get a text message.

I'm using a RegEditor;

hkey current user/control panel/sip...TurnOffAutoDeploy

change it from 0 to 1 then soft reset.

I can change the 0 to a 1, but when I edit it to a 1, click apply, I'm getting Access Denied ??

I'm sure I got this off Modaco, & it worked the last time, since then I've upgraded the Rom,

FB.

• 1 month later...
Guest draw2121

I have a new bug to add to this topic. I live in an area where my phone (i910) will often switch between high speed connection (EV) and 1x. The problem is when I am listening to music through my bluetooth headset I get a double beep to notify me of the switch which of course pauses the music temporarily and gets annoying very quickly as this happens as move about my house. I haven't seen this discussed anywhere but if anyone can tell me how to stop this notification, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

hello mates,

I have a issue with my omnia i900 , my omnia i900 doesn't reboot automicatically , needs to restart it manually !. Do you have fix for it !!!

Help me out mates!