a question about omnia update

Guest EELZZ

hey guys, i have a question .. i just updated to HH1 version in my omnia, thank you paul :lol:)

if i will do a hard reset to the device, will it bring it to the HH1 that i have now ? cause i want to update language on it, and if it wont be good i want to go back by hard reset ..

tnx guys .. :D

Guest awarner (MVP)

If you do a hard reset it will only go back to the state the phone was after you did a ROM update.

It can not go back to a previos ROM version unless you flash the device again.

thanks !!

and i have an other question .. if i update the phone, do i lose all my contacts who are on my outlook and not in the simcard ? do i lose any data on the phone itself ? preferences etc .. ?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Yes you basically lose everything you have installed etc on the phone, the storage should be ok though but as i do not own an Omnia I can not confirm 100% but I would be surprised otherwise.

If you have Outlook installed on your PC (not Outlook Express) then make sure you sync your contacts and calender etc with your device before attempting to update your ROM.

Yes you basically lose everything you have installed etc on the phone, the storage should be ok though but as i do not own an Omnia I can not confirm 100% but I would be surprised otherwise.

If you have Outlook installed on your PC (not Outlook Express) then make sure you sync your contacts and calender etc with your device before attempting to update your ROM.

oh, ok .. i'm getting the microsoft outlook ..

and one more thing, what is the recent update for the Omnia ?

right now i have

PDA : i900DXHH1

Phone : i900DXHH3

is there any difference from the most recent update to this ? :lol:

Guest awarner (MVP)

I'm not up to speed on the omnia updates, best place to ask this sort of question would be the Omnia section of the site.

There is a topic there with information regarding all the updates and the cooked ROMs (home made)