Rom version for omnia

Guest sandyg86

Guest sandyg86

Hi can someone tell me which rom I should go for. My current v is PDA: 1900XXHHD/ACHH3 Phone: i900BUHH2 I have managed to work out (from Pauls explanation) that this is a UK phone released Aug 08 on vodafone. I don't know what the other letters mean, but want to try and flash with the latest rom, preferably bugs ironed out as I'm very much a newbie and probably shouldn't even be contemplating this, which will remove all traces of Vodafone and allow me to set up on o2. Paul, it seems 'you the man' maybe you can advise. Thanks Sandyg86

Check the ROM discussion thread and read all the plus and minus gong on with the particular ROM_s out and decide yourself. Only you can prevent forest fires and decide on which ROM you want to install. :lol: Make sure that you check the treads concerning 'how to' so you don't damage you device. Good Luck :D

Guest sandyg86
Check the ROM discussion thread and read all the plus and minus gong on with the particular ROM_s out and decide yourself. Only you can prevent forest fires and decide on which ROM you want to install. :lol: Make sure that you check the treads concerning 'how to' so you don't damage you device. Good Luck :D

Thanks. I understand that but I have never tried anything like this before and dont even know how to 'dump files' I think it is, not everyone is tech savvy and some of the terms used mean nothing to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. What is required is a step by step how to which explains what each process is and how to execute it. I haven't come across one of those yet maybe I can be pointed in the right direction. I really want to learn.

Thanks. I understand that but I have never tried anything like this before and dont even know how to 'dump files' I think it is, not everyone is tech savvy and some of the terms used mean nothing to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. What is required is a step by step how to which explains what each process is and how to execute it. I haven't come across one of those yet maybe I can be pointed in the right direction. I really want to learn.

If you want to just flash a new and better ROM no dumping is needed :lol: . You have to have an XP machine, a SS executable update, active sync 4.5 and the SS modem drivers. The active sync and the modem drivers can be gotten from here http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp and make sure that you get it for an XP machine because even though they offer for Vista it does not work. Then go to Secany's thread post 1391 http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-rom-discussion/272126/secanys-rom-research-thread-new-dthj6/ and download the 3 parts. Once downloading is done push control and hightlight all 3 files and right click and select extract here. Once the 3 are extracted into 1 then you install the active snyc and then the modem drivers. Then reboot your machine. Then open the SS executable and click format internat drive. Turn off your mobile and plug it in. Turn on your mobile and when your device is recognised hit start and wait until it is done. Make sure your device has a good charge 80% or better. Once it says job done wait fro your phone to shut off and reboot then unplug it and let it go thru the start up. Sometimes your phone will reboot twice after an update (atleast once so wait for it before screen alignmnet). You will be allright man. I will do what I can to guide you but reading the post are the key. Good luck. I am still a noob too :D

Guest sandyg86
If you want to just flash a new and better ROM no dumping is needed :lol: . You have to have an XP machine, a SS executable update, active sync 4.5 and the SS modem drivers. The active sync and the modem drivers can be gotten from here http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp and make sure that you get it for an XP machine because even though they offer for Vista it does not work. Then go to Secany's thread post 1391 http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-rom-discussion/272126/secanys-rom-research-thread-new-dthj6/ and download the 3 parts. Once downloading is done push control and hightlight all 3 files and right click and select extract here. Once the 3 are extracted into 1 then you install the active snyc and then the modem drivers. Then reboot your machine. Then open the SS executable and click format internat drive. Turn off your mobile and plug it in. Turn on your mobile and when your device is recognised hit start and wait until it is done. Make sure your device has a good charge 80% or better. Once it says job done wait fro your phone to shut off and reboot then unplug it and let it go thru the start up. Sometimes your phone will reboot twice after an update (atleast once so wait for it before screen alignmnet). You will be allright man. I will do what I can to guide you but reading the post are the key. Good luck. I am still a noob too :D

Thanks for that I appreciate it. I need to borrow an XP laptop then I give it a go. I may be back....lol

Guest trebor3900

Finally plucked up the courage to give this a go but had the following problem

Installed USB driver. Phone connects fine with ActiveSync but does not connect or recognise device when i run the rom updater.

Am i missing something stupid?

Guest Rednose5

All the steps mentioned before are correct. I would just like to add: disconnect from the internet and turn off virus protection, it's a pitty when this kicks in while you're flashing.

If flasing doesnt work can you hard reset and have your device go back to the previous settings?

If flashing does not work then something is wrong. If you are asking can you go back to your old ROM after a flash the answer is no. Unless you have dumped the ROM already on your phone and turned it into and exe file.

Guest sandyg86
Finally plucked up the courage to give this a go but had the following problem

Installed USB driver. Phone connects fine with ActiveSync but does not connect or recognise device when i run the rom updater.

Am i missing something stupid?

Hi again 1 Mack I went to the samsung website but uk is not listed which country should I opt for, also what is an 'executable update'? sorry for being thick but I just don't know!

Guest sandyg86

Hi again 1 Mack I went to the samsung website but uk is not listed which country should I opt for, also what is an 'executable update'? sorry for being thick but I just don't know!

Guest sandyg86

Hi just to update. I have successfully flashed Paul's MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02 and wanted to thank everyone who gave help and advice to enable to complete this process.....Thanks.

Hi just to update. I have successfully flashed Paul's MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02 and wanted to thank everyone who gave help and advice to enable to complete this process.....Thanks.

Great :D :lol: :o ;) I am sorry I could not answer your other post before. UK is not listed on that site. You just needed the active sync and modem drivers. You could have gotten the Singapore ones and been OK.

Many thanks 1Mack, its a wonderful guide for a newbie like me.

Thanks

Aneel

Hey man knowledge received; knowledge passed on. That's how it is supposed to work around here :lol:

• 4 months later...
Guest solo_g
Thanks for that I appreciate it. I need to borrow an XP laptop then I give it a go. I may be back....lol

I got da same prob. when I go 2 download it, it says port create failed. then after resetting the new rom displays properly. but then my phone services are off and Im not able to make a call

• 1 month later...
Guest Tormios
I got da same prob. when I go 2 download it, it says port create failed. then after resetting the new rom displays properly. but then my phone services are off and Im not able to make a call

Modem drivers not istalled or not correct.

Guest Broda

Remove the samsung Drivers

Reboot your computer

Reinstall samsung Drivers

Hard Reset your device, and plug again in the computer and take a look if your Windows Xp 32 bit will detect the phone and the Active sync will say Its connected

So, unplug your Phone and turn it off

Open the ROM executable file and plug the phone on your USB cable again

Turn the phone on

If your phone detected, press start and wait until finish the update

DO NOT REMOVE YOUR CABLE, NEVER. WAIT JOB´s DONE APPEAR

Tips: Disable Windows Firewall and antivirus