Newbie alert....really simple questions!

Guest blearsy

Guest blearsy

I am wanting to download the .cab file that stops the keypad auto locking in call. I have downloaded to my PC (XP machine) but am unsure how or where to load onto the phone! could someone do a quick step by step for me, or link to one?!! (Told you I was thick!)

Second and again this may have been answered before. When I have been using diffrent programs on the omnia I have gone in to task manager to find them all running in the backround despite me using the 'x' in the top right to close the program down? Should I be closing programs another way or is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks a lot sorry to be a bit dense!

I am wanting to download the .cab file that stops the keypad auto locking in call. I have downloaded to my PC (XP machine) but am unsure how or where to load onto the phone! could someone do a quick step by step for me, or link to one?!! (Told you I was thick!)

Second and again this may have been answered before. When I have been using diffrent programs on the omnia I have gone in to task manager to find them all running in the backround despite me using the 'x' in the top right to close the program down? Should I be closing programs another way or is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks a lot sorry to be a bit dense!

Download Samsung drivers from here for XP: http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/SamsungModem_xp.zip

Download ActiveSync 4.5 from here for XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...tivesync45.mspx

Connect using ur usb phone cable to the phone and pc.

Open "My Computer" and after some seconds you will see your mobile device there. Double click to open it an you will see a " \ " for the Device directory and "My Storage" for your 8GB or 16GB storage.

Copy the .cab file to "My Storage" (save space).

Go to your phone, Start-Programs. Find "File explore" and browse to "My Storage" to locate the file.

Click on it and the installation will start. Better to install it on "My Storage" to save space to your main device.

For 'X' windows don't behave as it should. Better to download an alternative program like: MagicButton or WkTask and it will work.

Follow the installation steps as i mentioned above.

Have fun

Edited by sector