I900v HH1 ROM Update

Guest Wraith_17

Guest Wraith_17

hi,

I have the original uk vodafone i900v with the hh1 firmware which is extremely buggy and crashes every few minutes lol. I want the new HH3 firmware or maybe even a etter ROM if there is one. Vodafone have released their own version of the hh3 rom but you have to get the update done in a vodafone store and since i'm not on vodafone I can't do that. What I really want to do is get rid of the all the vodafone **** and flash it with the latest UK version of the samsung ROM.

Can anyone tell me

1. if thats possible

2. what the chances of bricking it are

3. what the latest non vodafone UK rom is and where I can get it

cheers

I realise much of this may have already been covered so if you just want to link be to other q/a or "how to" threads then it would be much appreaceitated :lol:

Edited by Wraith_17

Guest Wraith_17
hi,

I have the original uk vodafone i900v with the hh1 firmware which is extremely buggy and crashes every few minutes lol. I want the new HH3 firmware or maybe even a etter ROM if there is one. Vodafone have released their own version of the hh3 rom but you have to get the update done in a vodafone store and since i'm not on vodafone I can't do that. What I really want to do is get rid of the all the vodafone **** and flash it with the latest UK version of the samsung ROM.

Can anyone tell me

1. if thats possible

cheers

I realise much of this may have already been covered so if you just want to link be to other q/a or "how to" threads then it would be much appreaceitated :lol:

Anyone have any idea? anyone tried flashing a uk vodafone omnia

Guest sandyg86
Anyone have any idea? anyone tried flashing a uk vodafone omnia

Hi I just flashed my voda omnia with this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyhtmwthyy last night and all seems to be well. I've been able to set up email and internet access properly now that the Vodafone **** is gone and it now fires up with Samsung screen....Brilliant. I only discovered this was possible at the weekend and I managed with some guidance from other members, if you follow the instructions I received in my posts then you'll be fine. I'm very happy with mine so far, but be warned you must use a pc with XP NOT Vista.here's the advice I followed.....although as I mentioned I didn't use the rom in this post. The following advice is courtesy of 1Mack

If you want to just flash a new and better ROM no dumping is needed . You have to have an XP machine, a SS executable update, active sync 4.5 and the SS modem drivers. The active sync and the modem drivers can be gotten from here http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp and make sure that you get it for an XP machine because even though they offer for Vista it does not work. Then go to Secany's thread post 1391 http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...read-new-dthj6/ and download the 3 parts. Once downloading is done push control and hightlight all 3 files and right click and select extract here. Once the 3 are extracted into 1 then you install the active snyc and then the modem drivers. Then reboot your machine. Then open the SS executable and click format internat drive. Turn off your mobile and plug it in. Turn on your mobile and when your device is recognised hit start and wait until it is done. Make sure your device has a good charge 80% or better. Once it says job done wait fro your phone to shut off and reboot then unplug it and let it go thru the start up. Sometimes your phone will reboot twice after an update (atleast once so wait for it before screen alignmnet). You will be allright man. I will do what I can to guide you but reading the post are the key. Good luck. I am still a noob too

Edited by sandyg86

Guest Wraith_17

Hi, thanks, thats really helpful, I'll give it a try and hopefully it'll all turn out good. Anything is better than the vodacrap they put on it. the service is so bad and even if they do release the update rom it will still suck. Out of interest which ROM is that and why did you choose that over the other ones?

cheers

Guest sandyg86
Hi, thanks, thats really helpful, I'll give it a try and hopefully it'll all turn out good. Anything is better than the vodacrap they put on it. the service is so bad and even if they do release the update rom it will still suck. Out of interest which ROM is that and why did you choose that over the other ones?

cheers

Hi I looked around and downloaded both roms I mentioned but this one seemed to take least knowhow to flash, it also had been updated recently and had no know bugs. Other than that I can't tell you too much about it coz I'm really new to this, it does however seem to be stable and I've had no probs so far. this is probably most important to me along with getting rid of Voda from rom as it played havoc with internet and email settings, no matter what I did I couldn't get them to work, but all ok now. I was on the point of selling it again and going back to iphone coz no matter what people say it is very god at what it does and has an excellent UI but misses too much stuff for the money.

hi,

Can anyone tell me

1. if thats possible

cheers

This is the method you need to follow (Ice Man's ROM upgrade method) post #21. I did exactly the same with my Vodafone Omnia from the same ROM as you. I went directly to DXHJ1 which you will find here (Paul's ROM download links). Make sure you use a WinXP pc and follow the instructions. I didn't have any problems.

Guest Wraith_17

ok thanks for the info, the on think I still want to know before I flash is whether the region code of the firmware affects where it can be used. In pauls ROM guide he lists that the two letters at the start of the version number dictate its region. The newest and best english ROM seems to be DTHJ6 DXHJ1 or if you want manilla DTHJ6/M2D02 however none of these have the uk region code. Will they still work?

Thanks