i900 Orange UK ..... Line 2 problem.....

Guest Spreng

Hi all.

I'm a HTC guy through and through.. but no one should remain blinkered forever...

I went into a Orange store... a month ago.. Tried my Orange sim in a Omnia..

Tested line 1 and line 2 working... and perfect. In and Out... make and recieve on both lines.

Change outgoing line was done via * key or long winded through settings/phone/outgoing line.

I then got one on upgrade... today..

I put my sim in (which has both lines....)

No Line 1 Line 2 option at all.

Calls can come in on both numbers... showing it is a setting somewhere... or when Orange had this retract of all omnia for the software problem...

they released a rom update.. which has totally knobed the LINE 2 feature.

I know no one now can get the Line 2... but for those like me.. who still have it. I want to be able to use it.

The info to show that Orange Omnia does support it...

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...EDeviceFeatures

Under Orange optional services... you can see Line 2

So.. guys.. A reg key? cab file?

i'll donate for a solution like a cab file fix. flashing to a rom in the first day of having... (kinda bad) is not something i want to entertain... not in first week anyway.

Thanks guys for reading..

Edited by Spreng

Guest pdauser92
Hi all.

I'm a HTC guy through and through.. but no one should remain blinkered forever...

I went into a Orange store... a month ago.. Tried my Orange sim in a Omnia..

Tested line 1 and line 2 working... and perfect. In and Out... make and recieve on both lines.

Change outgoing line was done via * key or long winded through settings/phone/outgoing line.

I then got one on upgrade... today..

I put my sim in (which has both lines....)

No Line 1 Line 2 option at all.

Calls can come in on both numbers... showing it is a setting somewhere... or when Orange had this retract of all omnia for the software problem...

they released a rom update.. which has totally knobed the LINE 2 feature.

I know no one now can get the Line 2... but for those like me.. who still have it. I want to be able to use it.

The info to show that Orange Omnia does support it...

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...EDeviceFeatures

Under Orange optional services... you can see Line 2

So.. guys.. A reg key? cab file?

i'll donate for a solution like a cab file fix. flashing to a rom in the first day of having... (kinda bad) is not something i want to entertain... not in first week anyway.

Thanks guys for reading..

Thats odd. I have an Omnia on Orange, and an Orange sim that has lines 1 & 2. In the taskbar on my phone I have a phone icon, and either a "1" or "2" depending on the line selected. Have you tried going to Settings/Phone, then selecting the "More" tab (its the very last tab on the right)? There should be an option on the "More" page called "ALS" (not sure, but I think this may be an abbreviation for "Alternative Line Support"). Select it then press the "Get settings" button. It should tell you which line is in use, and allow you to change it.

If there is no ALS option displayed on the "More" page you can force the ALS option to be be displayed by changing the following registry key to "1" using a registry editor:

HKLM\System\State\Phone\Multiline

You may have to do a soft reset afterwards to activate the change.