Definitive answer

Guest Mike Burrows

Guest Mike Burrows

Hi Paul, I have read and re-read these discussions and become more confused than ever. I have an Omnia with i900XXHG5/MSHG1 PDA and i900XXHG5 Phone. I would like to upgrade it to the latest English version - is this DXHJ1? Please can you tell me if this is the right version for me and if I back up using SPB Backup will it affect the new installation/ROM if I restore from SPB Backup. Many thanks for your advice.

Guest Nick5ter
Hi Paul, I have read and re-read these discussions and become more confused than ever. I have an Omnia with i900XXHG5/MSHG1 PDA and i900XXHG5 Phone. I would like to upgrade it to the latest English version - is this DXHJ1? Please can you tell me if this is the right version for me and if I back up using SPB Backup will it affect the new installation/ROM if I restore from SPB Backup. Many thanks for your advice.

The Latest is HJ6, SPB Backup will restore only what you have backed up, if you do a full back up it overwrites some of the files in the windows directory and the firmware would probably show as DXHJ6/MSHG1 for you as your be backing up from your previous firmware...

Probably not the best idea as your overwrite newer files with old ones and probably cause problems... atlease thats i think :lol:

Guest Hydroxpert

yep well said answer above...i usually just backup my call logs, messages and so on. applications should be reinstalled :lol: and always make sure you hard reset before/after flashing! :D