Manilla 2D: fixed widgets to fit omnia screen

Guest Vortex

Hey everyone,

After using Manilla2D for some time now, it became pretty annoying that not all the widgets are in the center of the screen. Especially the Music widget and the Photo widget were both placed on the top side of the screen, leaving a pretty big empty space on the bottom of the screen. I started to study the HTCHomeSettings.xml carefully, and after some time, I managed to replace a lot of items on the different widgets so everything is in the middle of the screen!

Some screenshots to clear things up for you guys:

Homewidget:

I placed both the calendar and the callhistory a little bit more down, so everything looks like its in the center of the screen:

Photowidget:

Rearranged the video and camera buttons, moved the next and previous buttons down, and placed the actual photoframe more in the center (moved it a little down and a little to the right):

Musicwidget:

Basically moved everything a little bit down. Increased the distance between the musicphoto and the title/artist/progressbar. Re-aligned the buttons to the right of the musicphoto.

Weathertab:

Didnt do much beside removing all the dotted lines. Looks better this way, but thats really just a matter of opinion.

Screen04.pngScreen05.pngScreen01.pngScreen03.png

Attached to this message is my own HTCHomeSettings.xml

Please note that I also edited my HTCHomeSettings to suit my personal preferences (hide/show tabs, certain pictures etc). So just copy my xml to your device probably isnt the best thing to do. Later this evening (in about 1 hour) I will attach another text-file where I explain what settings you need to change in order to get the same lay-out as mine, or maybe even design your own lay-out!

I hope all this can be of use for some of you guys!

Cheers

UPDATE:

For everyone who installed the standard M2D plugin or downloaded and installed Passoa's great custom ROM with build-in M2D, I attached the original HTCHomeSettings.xml file with the values for the optimized lay-out altered. Just copy it into your /windows folder and your done! That will save you a lot of copy paste work. You can find this file here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=931012

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by Vortex

Forgot to mention: im still figuring out every single value in the HTCHomeSettings.xml. So basically what i've accomplished now isn't completely water-proof, since there are alot more values of which I do not know what they do or stand for.

About the complete manual, its basically finished, just need to translate it now :lol: . My native language isn't english, and though I can speak and write english, its pretty hard to translate a text which includes a lot of technical terms :D Give it about an hour and the manual will be up!

UPDATE:

Below you will find the code to change the position of items on the widgets. Keep in mind that the code I copied to use in my posts come from my own HTCHomeSettings.xml. This means that all the values I highlighted in bold are allready altered, so the're not the same as the values you will find in your own xml-file. If you change your own values into the same values I highlighted in bold, you will get exactly the same set-up as i have (see screenshots). Change it into something else, and you'll be able to customize the layout to your own wishes!

PS:

Always make a backup of your HTCHomeSettings.xml!! Just in case! Read carefully and dont change anything if you're not completely sure what you're doing! I'm providing a manual per every widget, just to keep it as simple as possible. And ofcourse i'll be glad to answer any of your questions!

GL!

Edited by Vortex

Weatherwidget: Remove the dotted lines

In HTCHomeSettings, in the imagelist put an 'x' after the .png in the following lines:

[/codebox]

Deleting the lines or the original images in \windows also works I think, but this is a safe way if you ever want the lines back (just remove the x again)

What does this do: putting an x after the filename makes it impossible for M2D to find the specific pictures that draw the line, so the lines won’t be displayed.

Edited by Vortex

Homewidget: Move Calendar and Call history down

In HTCHomeSettings, scroll down to the homewidget section and change the following values:

[/codebox]

What does this do: all the bold values represent the Y-axis, it defines on which height the image has to be displayed. The higher the number, the lower the image is displayed and vice versa.

Remember that everything is related to each other. This means that if you change a number, and increase it with let’s say 10, then you have to increase all the other numbers by 10 as well. So you can’t just simply change 1 value.

All the unbold values represent the X-axis, the horizontal position of the images. Increase those numbers and the pictures move more to the right. Haven’t changed anything there myself.

Edited by Vortex

Musicwidget: move everything a little bit down and align the buttons

In HTCHomeSettings.xml, scroll down to the musicwidget section and change the following values:

[/codebox]

What does this do: all the bold values represent the Y-axis, it defines on which height the image has to be displayed. The higher the number, the lower the image is displayed and vice versa.

Remember that everything is related to each other. This means that if you change a number, and increase it with let’s say 10, then you have to increase all the other numbers by 10 as well. So you can’t just simply change 1 value.

All the unbold values represent the X-axis, the horizontal position of the images. Increase those numbers and the pictures move more to the right. Haven’t changed anything there myself.

This property i'm not sure of what it does. All i can say about this is that you only have to increase the last number (the one in bold) and increase it by just as much as you increase the y-axis values from the following property:

Edited by Vortex

Photowidget: put photoframe in center, move camera buttons up and move previous/next buttons down

In HTCHomeSettings, scroll down to the photowidget section and change the following values:

[/codebox]

What does this do: except for the first property ("IDPHOTO_TEXT_INDICATOR_RECT"), every property consists of two values. The first one is the X axis, the horizontal position of the image. The second one is the Y axis, the vertical position. By changing these numbers, the entire position of the elements change.

Remember that everything is related to each other. This means that if you change a number, and increase it with let’s say 10, then you have to increase all the other numbers related to the value you changed by 10 as well. So you can’t just simply change 1 value.

Edited by Vortex

Very very nice, looks like sector has alot more work to do with the modifying too :lol:

As requested, here is the original xml which I used for my M2D02 theme.

Nicely done look perfect Thank you for your hard work.

Sorry I put-it in wrong place.

Edited by georo

Guest Quist09

Very nice work!

Based on btprice2001's work at xda-developers and my own fiddling, you can adjust your xml files further to get the slider bar to reposition after rotating to landscape.

This line changes the landscape layout to allow for the softkey and top bar.

These lines enable the slider to adjust between portrait/landscape:

To get the title bar to follow along with the switch, you need to copy yours (hh_fw_title.png) from the Windows directory on your device, resize it to 400 width and copy it back then replace the longer title bar with the one in your Windows folder.

Also, if you want your background to follow with the rotation, you need to generate a new landscape image with size 400x214, name it hh_fw_background_landscape.png and save it to your Windows directory, then add this line to the image declarations:

Then change this line as follows:

Not all of the tabs will look pretty, but at least the slider will be in the right place and the softkeys for each tab will work in landscape. Also, I've found that if I don't use autorotate, M2D won't autorotate back to portrait except when returning to the home screen after closing an app.

For more info, see the discussions here and here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274993/...-omnia/page/20/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...cape-manila-2d/

Edited by Quist09

Very nice work!

Based on btprice2001's work at xda-developers and my own fiddling, you can adjust your xml files further to get the slider bar to reposition after rotating to landscape.

This line changes the landscape layout to allow for the softkey and top bar.

These lines ena.......

Ah nice! To be honest I haven't looked into the landscape properties, since I first want to see it the landscape function will be available in the same form as we use M2D now, but after I finished optimizing my portrait lay-out, I will defenitly take a look and see if I can create a full landscape version (if I start with this, you can expect a lot of PM's :lol:

For everyone who installed the standard M2D plugin or downloaded and installed Passoa's great custom ROM with build-in M2D, I attached the original HTCHomeSettings.xml file with the values for the optimized lay-out altered. Just copy it into your /windows folder and your done! That will save you a lot of copy paste work :D

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Guest zkyevolved
Hey everyone,

After using Manilla2D for some time now, it became pretty annoying that not all the widgets are in the center of the screen. Especially the Music widget and the Photo widget were both placed on the top side of the screen, leaving a pretty big empty space on the bottom of the screen. I started to study the HTCHomeSettings.xml carefully, and after some time, I managed to replace a lot of items on the different widgets so everything is in the middle of the screen!

Homewidget:

I placed both the calendar and the callhistory a little bit more down, so everything looks like its in the center of the screen:

Photowidget:

Rearranged the video and camera buttons, moved the next and previous buttons down, and placed the actual photoframe more in the center (moved it a little down and a little to the right):

Musicwidget:

Basically moved everything a little bit down. Increased the distance between the musicphoto and the title/artist/progressbar. Re-aligned the buttons to the right of the musicphoto.

Weathertab:

Didnt do much beside removing all the dotted lines. Looks better this way, but thats really just a matter of opinion.

Please note that I also edited my HTCHomeSettings to suit my personal preferences (hide/show tabs, certain pictures etc). So just copy my xml to your device probably isnt the best thing to do. Later this evening (in about 1 hour) I will attach another text-file where I explain what settings you need to change in order to get the same lay-out as mine, or maybe even design your own lay-out!

Cheers

UPDATE:

For everyone who installed the standard M2D plugin or downloaded and installed Passoa's great custom ROM with build-in M2D, I attached the original HTCHomeSettings.xml file with the values for the optimized lay-out altered. Just copy it into your /windows folder and your done! That will save you a lot of copy paste work. You can find this file here:

I like your color scheme :lol: what theme are you using? Care to give us a copy :D?

Hey everyone,

Homewidget:

Photowidget:

Musicwidget:

Weathertab:

Cheers

UPDATE:

Hi Vortex, i like this theme lot more than the VistaBlack. Could you please upload this? i'm using the Passoa's Manilla 2D (DTHJ6/M2D02) ROM. Thanks

The theme I use is Manilla2D - White V2. The background comes from the Vista Black theme.

I Attached the theme, all credits go to Eboelzner on xda.

Install the theme by first copying the contents to /windows on your device, then copy the background image

Manilla2D_WhiteV2.zip

post-17208-1225369102_thumb.png

Edited by Vortex

The theme I use is Manilla2D - White V2. The background comes from the Vista Black theme.

I Attached the theme, all credits go to Eboelzner on xda.

Install the theme by first copying the contents to /windows on your device, then copy the background image

Thanks Vortex

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

I fixed TouchLauncher and putted your background in it. Left and right config. Extract files to skins in touchlaunch folder and select it by menu, skins.

Just noticed if I turn my mobile off and on again its on the previous background. I'll fix it tonight.

Found the problem, for some reason my settings.xml doesn't update when I switch a skin.

Black_Vista.zip

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

I fixed TouchLauncher and putted your background in it. Left and right config. Extract files to skins in touchlaunch folder and select it by menu, skins.

Thank you very much! great work!

• 4 months later...
Guest braundy

Hi all im sorry but i am a newbie, can someone please help as i have downloaded the file here and put it into my windows folder as was told and now i cant get touchflo to work, i keep getting click here to start touchflo and then wont start. Please could someone help. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Homewidget:

Photowidget:

Musicwidget:

Weathertab:

Cheers

UPDATE:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...st&p=931012

Guest ronaldb3
Hi all im sorry but i am a newbie, can someone please help as i have downloaded the file here and put it into my windows folder as was told and now i cant get touchflo to work, i keep getting click here to start touchflo and then wont start. Please could someone help. Thanks.

Hi braundy,

A noobi point of order> It would be better and you would likely get a response if you did not post to a thread that has been dead for several months (Oct 31 here). It's called "digging up bones". Your question may skip notice because no one would recognize the title as something they were currently watching.

Sorry I can't address your question, but hopefully you can attrack someone's attention by reposting in a current thread with a similar title, and just reference this one if need be.

FWIW,

Ron...

Guest braundy

its ok now thanks got it sorted now B)

Hi braundy,

A noobi point of order> It would be better and you would likely get a response if you did not post to a thread that has been dead for several months (Oct 31 here). It's called "digging up bones". Your question may skip notice because no one would recognize the title as something they were currently watching.

Sorry I can't address your question, but hopefully you can attrack someone's attention by reposting in a current thread with a similar title, and just reference this one if need be.

FWIW,

Ron...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justin911

me again :excl: Ive been playing around with it and i think ive figured most of it in the 'home' section, just wondering though how do you go about editing the alarm position ? I would of thought its the blah_ALARM_POS ? i changed the x/y but it didnt do anything ?

thanks heaps

• 8 months later...
me again ;) Ive been playing around with it and i think ive figured most of it in the 'home' section, just wondering though how do you go about editing the alarm position ? I would of thought its the blah_ALARM_POS ? i changed the x/y but it didnt do anything ?

thanks heaps

Did you got any reply?