How to Reassemble Scroll Wheel?

Guest booca

hi all,

i have my blackjack ii for 3 weeks now. today the action button in the center of the scroll pad stuck and remain depressed. (i suspect it was due to my frantic playing of Kevtris!) it was inoperable no matter how hard i pressed it. searching online i realized that a good number of bj2 owners have had the same problem, even after having replaced their phones.

so i quickly took my bj2 apart, but spent more time prying off the scroll wheel ("donut") from the base on the phone. then i found the stuck button to be a simple issue and was very proud of myself for fixing it by enforcing contact and realigning it. simply great!

but now... i don't know how to re-attach the scroll wheel securely with the remaining components! i didn't pay attention when i took it off the base, i assumed it'd be easy to clip it back on. see attached pictures of my disassembly: 4 remaining components, a view of the base & contacts, a view of the base with center button aligned.

if anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate it!

post-443053-1225599272_thumb.jpg post-443053-1225599293_thumb.jpg post-443053-1225599306_thumb.jpg

hi all,

i have my blackjack ii for 3 weeks now. today the action button in the center of the scroll pad stuck and remain depressed. (i suspect it was due to my frantic playing of Kevtris!) it was inoperable no matter how hard i pressed it. searching online i realized that a good number of bj2 owners have had the same problem, even after having replaced their phones.

so i quickly took my bj2 apart, but spent more time prying off the scroll wheel ("donut") from the base on the phone. then i found the stuck button to be a simple issue and was very proud of myself for fixing it by enforcing contact and realigning it. simply great!

but now... i don't know how to re-attach the scroll wheel securely with the remaining components! i didn't pay attention when i took it off the base, i assumed it'd be easy to clip it back on. see attached pictures of my disassembly: 4 remaining components, a view of the base & contacts, a view of the base with center button aligned.

if anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate it!

post-443053-1225599272_thumb.jpg post-443053-1225599293_thumb.jpg post-443053-1225599306_thumb.jpg

I hate to break it to you but you might have rendered your scroll wheel/pad unusable.

I wanted to try remove the whole scroll wheel/pad assembly to transplant to another faulty BJII but when I gently lift up the scroll wheel, I realized that it has a very delicate & sensitive assembly so I gave up.

It was very difficult to remove the whole assembly as it is attached to the alloy chasis with adhesive.

If you should not be able to reassemble the scroll wheel, there's a online store selling the whole assembly.

Here's the URL: http://www.cellphone-repair-shop.com/prodd...rod=GH59-04754A

If you examine the online picture of the replacement part found in the abovementioned link, you'll realize that there is a silver cover above the assembly that does not resemble the scroll wheel. I venture to think that the scroll wheel is attached to the silver cover, which is a part of the whole assembly.

Taking a close look at the pictures you posted (great pictures! good macro closeup of the parts), it looks like the extreme right ring is used to hold the center button in place.

The perforated bronze ring seem to be responsible for clipping the silver cover in place. You'll have to take a closer look at the scroll wheel cover to see if there's another layer attached inside.

I'm not sure about the translucent ring & it's function...

Hope this helps.

Edited by konker

thanks konker for your reply and the link!

i also lifted up the scroll wheel with a mini flathead driver and i thought i could probably just un-clip it, which i did.

the wheel itself has no adhesive to the base, and both it and the center button are working fine when i place it back on - albeit loose.

you are right about the perforated ring and clippings. i did find matching clips on the backside of the scroll wheel. the trouble is the placement of the perforated ring. most likely it should be right under the black rim on the base because the rim prevents it from sliding out. but i don't know how i can clip it to the wheel AND snug it under the rim.

but thanks again for the insights!

Edited by booca

thanks konker for your reply and the link!

i also lifted up the scroll wheel with a mini flathead driver and i thought i could probably just un-clip it, which i did.

the wheel itself has no adhesive to the base, and both it and the center button are working fine when i place it back on - albeit loose.

you are right about the perforated ring and clippings. i did find matching clips on the backside of the scroll wheel. the trouble is the placement of the perforated ring. most likely it should be right under the black rim on the base because the rim prevents it from sliding out. but i don't know how i can clip it to the wheel AND snug it under the rim.

but thanks again for the insights!

booca,

How's your scroll wheel coming along?

I discovered that there actually isn't a silver base below the cover of the scroll wheel. The silver cover is actually the scroll wheel itself, minus the decorative black trimming that adds the circular patterns to the scroll wheel. So, the bronze ring with the 6 perforation is actually used to secure the whole silver piece onto the main assembly (black).

Konker