camera light and software

Guest vin-z

Guest AlfonsÅberg
Hello,

This is a version of TorchButton 1.1 that works for Omnia.

TorchButton has been written by NetRipper, please refer to NetRipper's TorchButton thread on xda to see how to use his nice application (especially the registry key to modify torch timeout) :

TorchButtonOmnia installer by PaSSoA : TorchButtonOmnia.CAB

Source code : TorchButtonOmnia.src.20081114.zip

NetRipper's application has not been altered in any way : a very basic emulation of HTCCamera1.dll does the job.

Big warning : no application that uses HTCCamera1.dll will work with this one, except of course TorchButton. That is why I provide an alternate installer inside the source archive that copies the dll in the same directory as the application instead of \Windows.

I do not intend to update the dll in the future for TorchButton 1.2 or 1.3. The main reason is that even if it is possible to change the brightness of the camera LED of the Omnia (see it when using flash w/ camera), I have not been able to find out how, and will not spend any more time on the subject (but would not mind learning how to do it !).

Please let me know if it works or not for you.

And let it be light:) Works great thanks like a bunch!!!!

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Hello,

This is a version of TorchButton 1.1 that works for Omnia.

TorchButton has been written by NetRipper, please refer to NetRipper's TorchButton thread on xda to see how to use his nice application (especially the registry key to modify torch timeout) :

TorchButtonOmnia installer by PaSSoA : TorchButtonOmnia.CAB

Thanks zemrwhite2 B) It works very nice, as reported before.

It might sound rude or demanding, but is there a way we can change the icon? I use it as a M2D app shortcut and it doesn't look very nice. (I know, it's just cosmetics B))

Guest zemrwhite2

Hello,

B) since there are no complaints, it seems that it works for everyone !

...is there a way we can change the icon?

Of course there is. Rebuild TorchButton with your icon. Or if you do not have any development environment, use a resource editor on the executable. There are several explanations here on MoDaCo on how to do that kind of stuff (for example here), or google for ResourceHacker. It is very simple to do.

And do not forget to share it !

Hmmm, It would be nice to make a "Donation" for his work, wouldn't all of you happy campers agree?

NetRipper should receive our money. But if you are talking for me, I have no merit at all, look at the sources, there is no work !

Hmmm, It would be nice to make a "Donation" for his work, wouldn't all of you happy campers agree?

Credits go to PaSSoa and NetRipper, we should all donate for his contribution for Omnia, same goes with Paul and Secany B)

Edited by sector

• 5 months later...
Guest Dendy

Hi guys, does the torch button work also when I am using samsung widget home screen? Or actually where is the torch button located? In programs or in today screen?

Thanks.

Guest bpivk
Hi guys, does the torch button work also when I am using samsung widget home screen? Or actually where is the torch button located? In programs or in today screen?

Thanks.

You can map the button in settings under Buttons. But you also get an icon under Programs. I think that it's aclled torch.

Guest Dendy
You can map the button in settings under Buttons. But you also get an icon under Programs. I think that it's aclled torch.

allright, thanks, I will try that too :D And it flashes the light and it is turned on until the button is pressed once more or it is turned on only that 20s (max 2 minutes) depending on the setting?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest colinncox

Thanks for the app it works fine. I have been looking for something like this for days now. I use PointUi Home 2 as my Today screen and it doesn't let you get to the flashlight.

Guest maf107ezk0

The bad thing is that it stops after 30 secs or so... It`s like the one in favourite settings. I wish there was something that can keep the flash running until you tell it to stop :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ziko87

Hello !!! Last year I bought the Omnia, when it was not released yet. It was with a beta version of the ROM. Than I tried to flash it but burned the motherboard, so I had to replace it. The strange thing is that my flashlight (and the flash in camera mode) does not work. Any ideas. I had never seen my flash work :{{{ In windows it has flashlight.dll. Could it be missing (the lamp of the flash) ?

Guest maf107ezk0

Брат, пробвай да смениш РОМ-а... Ако и така не стане явно е нещо от хардуера :D Късмет ;)

Guest ziko87
Брат, пробвай да смениш РОМ-а... Ако и така не стане явно е нещо от хардуера :D Късмет :D

Xaxaxax brat mersi za otgovora, az taka ili ina4e sum smenql cqla platka, koeto vkliu4va i roma, taka 4e ve4e se primirih 4e ili e izgorqla svetkavicata ili izob6to nqma zad stakalceto ;) A da ima6 ideq dali nqkade v bg-to 6te mogat da q slojat ?

• 1 month later...