STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest Hellbender

DEVELOPMENT ACTUALLY STOPPED!!

I'm sorry with all of you for being so silent lately, but seems that development has stopped due to coders unavailability.

I actually don't know if the project will resume, and I'm personally tired of looking around for coders.

If any news will come up you will see it here.

Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 09/12/08 - Images added + Lock Screen Demo

-DOWNLOADS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. IF YOU CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THERE, IT HAS TO BE RELEASED YET, EVERY QUESTION ABOUT WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SHELL WILL BE IGNORED.

-WE ARE NOT PLANNING TO TRANSLATE THIS SO DON'T ASK, YOU WILL BE IGNORED

-WE ACCEPT SUGGESTIONS ABOUT IMPROVEMENT, NOT REQUESTS!

-IF YOU WANT TO HELP US, PM ME, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL CONSIDER YOUR APPLIANCE. WE ACTUALLY NEED CODERS, BETTER IF EXPERIENCED IN WM PROGRAMMING, POSSIBLY WITH OUR VERY SAME TIMEZONE (PARIS, BERLIN, ROME)

-FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED, COMPLAINS AREN'T THE FEEDBACK WE ARE LOOKING FOR

-READ THE NOTES!!!! YOU WILL NOT GET ANY HELP ON QUESTIONS ALREADY COVERED THERE.

WE ARE NOT GIVING OUR SOURCE CODE AROUND SO, PLEASE, STOP ASKING.

Only coders who work on the project can have it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

i've been following the board for a little. I'm an lucky Omnia owner and i really love it, particularly it's versatility.

I just regret the lack of cool interfaces (put Manilla 2d aside, it's awesome, but it's like having an htc device on our phones, not very exclusive).

Here are some quick layouts of an idea I had today, it's practically just eyecandy stuff, maybe not the top usability around but, you know, in our life we must satisfy ourselves...

So here they are, a portrait and a landscape view of what's laying in my mind:

launcherzf8.png

the home screen design:

homedb1.png

the audio profile control:

audioeq2.png

the lock device screen:

lockqw1.png

Programs folder:

appstb7.png

Contacts page:

peoplecl5.png

The incominc call screen:

inccallto5.png

the idea is to have a spinning wheel of icons, that allow to navigate between the main ambients of a mobile shell when tapped, just like SPB mobile shell or manilla, only more "graphic". The thing is conceived to be touch driven, with horizontal sliding to spin the icons wheel and a vertical slide to access a secondary menu.

Actually the design phase is still underway, more screens will come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OMNIA EXCLUSIVE APPLICATION, NEVER BEEN TESTED ON OTHER DEVICES.

Attached here is the FIRST RELEASE OF THE SCREEN LOCK, coded by DeimosLP.

INSTALLATION:

Just unrar it everywhere you want and launch OmniLock.exe. If you don't have it, you can get WINRAR here

THIS ISN'T MEANT TO BE USED EVERYDAY at the moment, probably it drains battery very fast, haven't tried yet on long usage times.

Further, calls will not pass throu the screen lock, so you probably can't answer a call.

A few notes about it:

- this is somehow a mockup since not everything has been implemented properly and we are still working on performance issues

- the main goal of this release is to get feedback and new ideas so we can improve the usability

what has been done :

- clock+date

- missed calls counts/sms count/mails count

- swing to unlock

- fade out on unlocking

- cool breathing "swing" logo

- fade in/out of the clock digits

what remains to be done:

- phone status and audio profile integration (as seen in the design)

- xml configuration file

- close the application on incoming call

- a lot of code cleaning/performance fixing

- interact with Speleomaniac's launcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that THIS IS NOT a MALICIOUS application, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

We are not responsible for any damage this software could cause to your device, or your data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.

Hellbender.

OmniLock_alpha5.rar

Edited by Hellbender

Hey all,

i've been following the board for a little. I'm an Omnia lucky owner and i really love it, particularly it's versatility.

I just regret the lack of cool interfaces (put Manilla 2d aside, it's awesome, but it's like having an htc device on out phones, not very exclusive). here are two quick layouts of an idea i had today, it's practically just eyecandy stuff, maybe not the top usability around but, you know, in our life we must satisfy ourselves...

Basically i'm looking for someone to code this, if it's mildly possible, 'cause i'm a poor lazy designer, and i don't chew any "if" or any "else"...

So here they are, a portrait and a landscape view of what's laying in my mind:

spinnerinterface01landsob0.jpg

spinnerinterface01portrdz9.jpg

the idea is to have a spinning wheel of icons, transparent if possible (png with alpha?) that can grant access to the corrisponding main ambients of a mobile shell when tapped, just like SPB mobile shell or manilla, only more "graphic". The thing is conceived to be touch driven, with hrizontal sliding to spin the icons wheel and a vertical slide to access a second menu, just in case :lol: The background (plane + rings) should be still, just a plain image.

I plan to design the "inside" of any section if i find someone crazy enough to follow my babblings, things like a photo gallery, a media player, a weather panel, etc.... (ye ye, like manilla) ando oh yes, no windows bars for now.

If there's someone who have the knowledge to understand the feasibility of this thing, my first question is "Flash lite?" cause i like very much the idea of having something very kinetic and possibly quick, and i'm not completely new to flash to keep me from helping.

Any Thoughts ?

P.S.: i'm sorry if some phrases in my post aren't clear enough, but i'm italian and i'm not so sure about my english.

Cheers.

Hellbender.

I cant code man but I can donate for something like this. It looks slick :D

Very nice maybe notifications and appointments like on the sliding panels theme on the bottom. Definately count me in for donation as I can not code but willing to help by donation.

Guest Hellbender
Very nice maybe notifications and appointments like on the sliding panels theme on the bottom. Definately count me in for donation as I can not code but willing to help by donation.

Yep, that's just the "browsing wheel" to switch from ad ambient to another, i plan to have a funtional home page with time, date, appointments and extra usable data, obviously with the same style. At this time that thing is thougth to be a launcher with a home and maybe a contact page (will do some new slides), but i'd like to push it further.

Guest punkmonkey1984
Just did that, no luck right now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

could you place the link at xda so we can keep a eye in thing s as the idea is good, id help but i cant code lol

Guest Barthlon

dude, if you could find guys that would make an interface even close to the one you have in mind, i would donate... alot... and i think i'm not the only one :lol:

Guest speleomaniac

here's a small program i coded tonight. copy the directory from the zip file to your phone and run the .exe file.

you can change the background by replacing the bg_portrait.png image with another one, and do some customizations by editting shortcuts.txt. (the format is 'Menu Caption','Menu Icon file','Application to Run'. needs a CR or LF char at the end of the file[=press return key after the last line in the file])

use the touch screen to rotate the icons, and hit the optical joystick to lauch the shortcut, and have fun.

notes:

# the program closes itself after a shortcut is selected.

# i'm not a user interface guru nor a ddraw/directx expert.

# use this program at your own risk.

# if you want the source code, pm me. it's a vs2008 project, written in c++.

InterfaceDemo.zip

Guest bobobird
here's a small program i coded tonight. copy the directory from the zip file to your phone and run the .exe file.

you can change the background by replacing the bg_portrait.png image with another one, and do some customizations by editting shortcuts.txt. (the format is 'Menu Caption','Menu Icon file','Application to Run'. needs a CR or LF char at the end of the file[=press return key after the last line in the file])

use the touch screen to rotate the icons, and hit the optical joystick to lauch the shortcut, and have fun.

notes:

Concept code works fine. Nice effort.

However on the overall concept, rigging a 3d type front-app on a limited 240 horizontal is pushing it a bit. Perhaps the scroll effects should go vertical ? in portrait and horizonal in landscape. Somewhat similar to the widget bar but with more funtionality ? No, not like feWidgets.

Concept code works fine. Nice effort.

However on the overall concept, rigging a 3d type front-app on a limited 240 horizontal is pushing it a bit. Perhaps the scroll effects should go vertical ? in portrait and horizonal in landscape. Somewhat similar to the widget bar but with more funtionality ? No, not like feWidgets.

This is probably a better solution :lol: :D . Where when in widget mode you could actually access all apps same as in the programs menu. Can't code either <_<

Guest Hellbender
This is probably a better solution :lol: :D . Where when in widget mode you could actually access all apps same as in the programs menu. Can't code either <_<

Oops, i read these comments just AFTER doing the upgraded pics.

Well i think this shouldn't be necessarily 3d, a 3d illusion could be to just move the icons on an elliptic path and scale them according to their position, switching from forground to background.

This could give the illusion of depth when there isn't really one. Possible? Maybe easier ?

About the horizontal scrolling in landscape mode, it's less usable maybe, but way more stylish imho (performance permitting). I was thinking to put in more usability features for the portrait mode such as a task manager or a MRU menu.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest Hellbender

notes:

Just tried you demo, that's an AWESOME start! I'll Try to skin it.

Guest Hellbender

Here it is, a quick skin. The effect is awesome for a quick app.

I haven't touched the shortcuts, so you need to configure them yourself.

The text appearing under the icons is still black, maybe will be replaced, best thing would be having image based titles for the main tabs, and a customizable second wheel of user shortcuts or a taskmanager. You decide.

Actually this is just great.

InterfaceDemo_skinned.rar

Guest Barthlon

notes:

jeez that is exactly what hellbender had in mind i think, at least what i would love :lol:

points for next version (if your going through with it ofcourse :D):

-make the rotating stop at one of the shortcuts, now it's still possible that it stops in between of two shortcuts.

-make the area that is affected by the finger-swiping smaller, so it only covers the spinner itself.

-make the buttons finger-pressable, now it's only possible to activate a shortcut with the fingermousebutton (or is that me?).

-make it so it integrates as a todayscreen like manila does, and not as an extra screen like spb.

of course i know this was just a very very first version made in a night, but i think all tips help ;)

Guest Hellbender
-make it so it integrates as a todayscreen like manila does, and not as an extra screen like spb.

of course i know this was just a very very first version made in a night, but i think all tips help :lol:

So you need wm bars? I understand the utility of softkeys, but i find extremely ugly window bars, i'd prefer to embed a sort of softkeys inside the design itself, il would be more consistent.