STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest Hellbender
I have been following this thread with great interest, and I tried Omnilock Alpha5.

It is VERY close to the ideal (for me) screen lock: I am looking for a screen lock that will stay locked no matter what, but will let the sound (or vibration) notifications come through (incoming call, sms, reminder, alarm) and show on the screen the different counters ( to allow a quick look indicating what may have been missed). I want it to stay locked during an incoming call or notification, unless I do something specific to unlock it (swipe or hardware key). In short, I do not want to press anything on the screen inadvertently.

Obviously, being able to answer an incoming call is essential and is not possible with the present version: once that is adressed, I would suggest having an option to let us decide if we want the screen to continue to be locked during the call.

On an outgoing call, I am thinking of disabling the Samsung feature, and use OmniLock (launched from a hardware key) to lock the screen when I want to.

I really appreciate all the efforts of everyone involved in this project.

Frank

I have designed an "incoming call" screen which will pass trhought the lock when someone calls you. Maybe this screen will be integrated right in the next release, this will NOT be locked, and will have touch keys on screen, 'cause this is how the majority of phone applications work. It would be way less usable to be costrained to do something in order to access the call controls (answer, silence, ignore), it's an addictional and unneeded operation.

What will happen (as happens with S2U2) is that when a call ands the pda comes back to the lock screen again automatically, so the call wont unlock your phone.

About keeping the phone locked during a call, for what i know, this isn't the common usage of the call screen (I installed the patched secdialer.dll just after it went out), despite it's a good idea to give the user the ability to choose to keep the screen locked or not.

OnmiLock will NOT BE the lock screen during calls, eventually there will be another screen/effect/set of functions.

The call related functions will be a separated environment. Not integrated in the lock screen.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest Hellbender
Hi,

Im using ur Omnilock and it looks fab ... Is it possible if you can make it Gsensor frienddly i.e the tab/wheel swings with the movement of the phone so one could unlock the phone by rotating it .. (just like teether app) .

Thanks

This would lead to unwanted unlock very often in my opinion, without thinking about the screen wich will rotate every time you rotate the phone, changing the unlock path position and orientation, and even disabling the screen rotation you will anyway find yourself with your phone upside down after unlocking it.

About the Launcher, i think it would be very unaccurate, other than dumb, to choose what you want to launch by tilting the phone.

Definitely not gonna happen.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest Hellbender
Hellbender the Weather icons will be animated? B)

It will nice if this can be done. thanks buddy

I hope they will be, we need to examine the performance once the home screen will be made.

Here is a sneak peek of what i would achieve.

I have designed an "incoming call" screen which will pass trhought the lock when someone calls you. Maybe this screen will be integrated right in the next release, this will NOT be locked, and will have touch keys on screen, 'cause this is how the majority of phone applications work. It would be way less usable to be costrained to do something in order to access the call controls (answer, silence, ignore), it's an addictional and unneeded operation.

What will happen (as happens with S2U2) is that when a call ands the pda comes back to the lock screen again automatically, so the call wont unlock your phone.

About keeping the phone locked during a call, for what i know, this isn't the common usage of the call screen (I installed the patched secdialer.dll just after it went out), despite it's a good idea to give the user the ability to choose to keep the screen locked or not.

OnmiLock will NOT BE the lock screen during calls, eventually there will be another screen/effect/set of functions.

The call related functions will be a separated environment. Not integrated in the lock screen.

I appreciate your response.

My point is that when the phone rings or an event is triggered, I have to get at the phone by removing it from the carrying pouch,or coat pocket, etc. Right now, one has to be very careful not to touch the screen to trigger unwanted events because the touch screen is active. Same thing if using a Bluetooth headset: screen is unlocked during the call, and anything touching the screen during that time will trigger some unwanted event on the phone.

This being a Omnia specific project (we have 2 hardware call control keys), I was thinking that on an incoming call, one could use the keys to either answer the call (without unlocking the screen) or ignore it using left and right buttons. If I want to unlock the screen, I swipe.

The hardware buttons would be activated during the incoming call, but it is much harder to accidently trigger the buttons than touching the screen.

S2U2 is close with it's Slide To Answer feature, but when a SMS is received, it unlocks the screen (unless I missed something in the S2U2 configuration). OmniLock does not do this, it stays locked, and shows the counters.

In short, if it is possible to activate the two hardware buttons to handle incoming calls, I will be a very happy camper!

Guest Hellbender
I appreciate your response.

My point is that when the phone rings or an event is triggered, I have to get at the phone by removing it from the carrying pouch,or coat pocket, etc. Right now, one has to be very careful not to touch the screen to trigger unwanted events because the touch screen is active. Same thing if using a Bluetooth headset: screen is unlocked during the call, and anything touching the screen during that time will trigger some unwanted event on the phone.

This being a Omnia specific project (we have 2 hardware call control keys), I was thinking that on an incoming call, one could use the keys to either answer the call (without unlocking the screen) or ignore it using left and right buttons. If I want to unlock the screen, I swipe.

The hardware buttons would be activated during the incoming call, but it is much harder to accidently trigger the buttons than touching the screen.

S2U2 is close with it's Slide To Answer feature, but when a SMS is received, it unlocks the screen (unless I missed something in the S2U2 configuration). OmniLock does not do this, it stays locked, and shows the counters.

In short, if it is possible to activate the two hardware buttons to handle incoming calls, I will be a very happy camper!

Ok i admint that we need to give you the ability to configure the two hardware buttons to receive or silence or hang up a call, but surely no swipe to unlock the call screen.

BTW i use S2U2, and when i receive an sms i don't see it popping up on screen, just the sound and the counter going up

. I didn't configure anything.

Ok i admint that we need to give you the ability to configure the two hardware buttons to receive or silence or hang up a call, but surely no swipe to unlock the call screen.

BTW i use S2U2, and when i receive an sms i don't see it popping up on screen, just the sound and the counter going up

. I didn't configure anything.

By swipe, I meant using the Omnilock method of unlocking the screen...

S2U2 (version 1.35): Strange... I do not have my phone with me at this time, but I will check it out tonight. The only config change I made from default is to activate Slide to Answer, and display Appointments. When I tested an incoming SMS the S2U2 screen disappeared and I saw the standard Winmo SMS popup at the bottom. I tested an incoming SMS just after short-pressing the power button to shutdown the screen. Maybe it stays locked on an incoming SMS if the idle time is longer. Will investigate...

Thanks.

i think the 2 hardware buttons are not disactivated while the phone is locked(by omnilock) so you really need to handle calls using these 2 buttons.

When I tested it, it was impossible for me to answer (or ignore) an incoming call while Omnilock was active (the two hardware keys did not respond).

I was not surprised as I remembered something mentioned about this in an earlier post.

Guest Hellbender
By swipe, I meant using the Omnilock method of unlocking the screen...

I've got that so far, and i repeat: no swipe to unlock,that feature is ONLY on the lock screen.

I've got that so far, and i repeat: no swipe to unlock,that feature is ONLY on the lock screen.

Just to make sure that we are on the same page:

Present behaviour:

- Run Omnilock --> Screen locks

- Swipe (rotation) the screen -->Screen unlocks (Omnilock disappears)

Suggested behaviour on Incoming call (after Omnilock is activated):

- Phone rings --> nothing happens to Omnilock (except maybe it can at this point unlock the hardware keys if they are locked)

- I can answer or ignore the call using the hardware keys --> Nothing happens to Omnilock

- During all the call (if I answered), Omnilock stays active

- If during my conversation I 'swipe' the Omnilock screen, Omnilock disappears (unlocks screen) and I have access to the Winmo screen.

If what you are confirming is that this type of behaviour is not something you think is desirable for Omnilock as opposed to an

< "incoming call" screen which will pass trhought the lock when someone calls you> that's fine: you're the captain.

Just trying to be constructive...

Guest Hellbender
Just to make sure that we are on the same page:

Present behaviour:

- Run Omnilock --> Screen locks

- Swipe (rotation) the screen -->Screen unlocks (Omnilock disappears)

Suggested behaviour on Incoming call (after Omnilock is activated):

- Phone rings --> nothing happens to Omnilock (except maybe it can at this point unlock the hardware keys if they are locked)

- I can answer or ignore the call using the hardware keys --> Nothing happens to Omnilock

- During all the call (if I answered), Omnilock stays active

- If during my conversation I 'swipe' the Omnilock screen, Omnilock disappears (unlocks screen) and I have access to the Winmo screen.

If what you are confirming is that this type of behaviour is not something you think is desirable for Omnilock as opposed to an

< "incoming call" screen which will pass trhought the lock when someone calls you> that's fine: you're the captain.

Just trying to be constructive...

I appreciate, but things will not work like that.

I think I found a bug!

Lets say, its 22:11, you lock the screen and turn the screen of.

Now, its 22:21, you turn the screenpower on and the clock says: 22:11!

Am I goint nuts or am I right?

Guest deimoslp
I think I found a bug!

Lets say, its 22:11, you lock the screen and turn the screen of.

Now, its 22:21, you turn the screenpower on and the clock says: 22:11!

Am I goint nuts or am I right?

You're right, but the thing is, when the screenpower goes off, most applications don't run anymore. However, as soon as the screen goes on, in case you haven't noticed, the clock updates within a second from the last value before "hibernation" to the new value in a single row(let's say for example from 22:11 to 22:21).

Maybe there are workarounds, but the question is: do you want to update the content of the screen and therefore consume more battery while your precisely intend not to by turning off the screen?

Edited by deimoslp

Guest gaga_lefou

Just to tell Thank You for all to develop this program.

I come from French Omnia Forum and this is incredible. I do the Beta Test and i am very exiting. B)

It's the best skin i have seen for Omnia.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and Great Job B)

See u soon.

PS: i have a question, it will be possible to personalize the programme menu ?

For example , put S2P or Coreplayer in Music icone ?

Another little question, it will be possible to change the Language or not ? ( french pleeease B) )

Edited by gaga_lefou

Guest Hellbender
Just to tell Thank You for all to develop this program.

I come from French Omnia Forum and this is incredible. I do the Beta Test and i am very exiting. B)

It's the best skin i have seen for Omnia.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and Great Job B)

See u soon.

PS: i have a question, it will be possible to personalize the programme menu ?

For example , put S2P or Coreplayer in Music icone ?

Another little question, it will be possible to change the Language or not ? ( french pleeease B) )

Launcher buttons will be customizable. We are not planning to translate the application right now, english is good for the majority of users so we will develop in that language.

You're right, but the thing is, when the screenpower goes off, most applications don't run anymore. However, as soon as the screen goes on, in case you haven't noticed, the clock updates within a second from the last value before "hibernation" to the new value in a single row(let's say for example from 22:11 to 22:21).

Maybe they are workarounds, but the question is: do you want to update the content of the screen and therefore consume more battery while your precisely intend not to by turning off the screen?

Ok, it's no problem for me, but I just noticed it B) I dont really care..

Guest gaga_lefou
Launcher buttons will be customizable. We are not planning to translate the application right now, english is good for the majority of users so we will develop in that language.

Ok No problem B)

When you say "Launcher buttons will be customizable", so its possible to add new buttons on the home screen or only the program in the preset icons ?

Its possible to have a demo of the program like omnilock for Weather and Contact ?

Just to test because i am very curious B)

Edited by gaga_lefou

Guest Hellbender
Ok No problem B)

When you say "Launcher buttons will be customizable", so its possible to add new buttons on the home screen or only the program in the preset icons ?

Its possible to have a demo of the program like omnilock for Weather and Contact ?

Just to test because i am very curious B)

If you can't see the link on the first post, the application as to be released or coded yet. The straight answer is: no, there aren't.

Omnilock is our first release. As i said before we will release the interface gradually by modules, OmniLock is the first module.

About the luncher customizability, actually i don't know if we will allow users to add icons on the FIRST wheel (home, media, apps, etc.), surely we will allow you to add them inside some subcategories.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest gaga_lefou
Omnilock is our first release. As i said before we will release the interface gradually by modules, OmniLock is the first module.

If i understand, we will not have a ".cab" or ".exe" for the global program ? I think it will be better to have a global instal like SPB. B)

Omnilock as a great graphism but i thought it was a "Demo" because its does not work 100% for me, bug with samsung widget theme: Soft Reset its necesarry if i use it: after launch omnilock, after 3 min of the samsung black screen, i Unlock and windows bar disapear.

There is no landscape animation too.

It wont have a new Omnilock version or Omnilock alpha5 is the official release ?

surely we will allow you to add them inside some subcategories.

Yes, its prefect, and how can we add subcategories ? SPB Mobil Shell its easy to add some program, i hope it will be so easy to the official Omnishell , so great graphism so i'm waiting for a first good release, i hope very soon B)

Guest finaldestiny

If i understand Hellbender correctly, Omnilock is a demo release, it will be updated in the future. I'm not sure if they will release further modules before perfecting Omnilock, or if they'll perfect then move on to a new module (which makes more sense) but the idea is that each bit is being created separately, and will be updated until perfect.

Once all modules are created, it would then be possible to create an exe or cab for all the different modules. Hope that clears that up.

Guest Omnia_1

This Shell looks very pretty, the problem I think many ppl will have is just that, its a shell! Merely skinning over all WM functionality, Start Menu, SoftKeys etc will only slow the device down and make the simplest of tasks/notifications challenging. Please don't get me wrong if/when you succeed no doubting it will be awesome, I just personally think there needs more integration rather than a skinning over. M2D/TF3D has and is doing quite well because of their excellent stability and integration, just look at the development thread in XDA Dev for proof of that the numbers speak for themselves. If you truely want a new UI integrate it into OS expose the Start Menu/SoftKeys or take a look at Android or Linux both reported as booting in HTC Diamond/Pro.

PS. I am not out to flame ppl, if it upsets anyone I will delete the post.