STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest frazerboy

Mind my ignorance, I seems not to find any instruction to install this new interface.

And can someone tell me whether this work with M2D03 from Passoa, though i see that there are some M2D user testing it.

Mind my ignorance, I seems not to find any instruction to install this new interface.

And can someone tell me whether this work with M2D03 from Passoa, though i see that there are some M2D user testing it.

This isn't an interface yet, only a beta lockscreen, just copy-paste to any directory, run the .exe and try it out, and fall in love!

create a new foder in My Storage , copy et paste all files of omnilock in this directory ; open M2DC , under softkeys , you can affect a softkey to omnilock ( you can screenshots of my device in post n° 257 )

Edited by pepech

Guest IrDewey
Well, let's just say that we will try to release a fully functional lock screen with some extras.

By the way, I know we said that we don't really care about compatibility but, "by chance", it's very likely that the next release will be more compatible with other devices. It will be more flexible as well since it will have an xml configuration file.

That's it for the heads up :-p

Thats awesome man, I'd love to have this working on my epix.

Guest reeshee

Lol.. It's going to be awhile for this to be a complete final release. So, stop asking the same questions and just wait patiently for the good people to finish working on it.

Guest gaga_lefou
I m still trying convert Hellbender's graphics to WA2... in few days... preview Update based on 11/12/08...

But in Programs i can't reproduce sliding effect and i think, apps must be arrange by theme... like MY start menu.../office - /Games - /Multimedia - /Tools...

Preview in few days... B)

In fews day ?? B) ...I'm so exiting now !! Thxs

And an idea, would it use g-sensor to swing and unlock after touching to the middle of the swing circle??

Like Resco Bubble B) ...maybe it will be too difficult to make it for the programmer or not the priority but I think its a good idea, it will be very interesting and original for the Omnia.

Edited by gaga_lefou

This interface looks very promising

I tried on my omnia but doesnt work.

DirectDraw error : CreateSurface failed.

any idea why i could open it? i followed the instructions. I am on J1 firmware.

Guest Stee2000_2000

Hi everyone, please can you help me understand how to install this. It looks amazing, but I just can not figure it out! I tried reading all the posts but can't seem to find out how to install.. I'm a bit of a novis, but have update my rom a few times!

Guest Stee2000_2000
Hi everyone, please can you help me understand how to install this. It looks amazing, but I just can not figure it out! I tried reading all the posts but can't seem to find out how to install.. I'm a bit of a novis, but have update my rom a few times!

ok i was being a bit thick, figured it out <_<

First just want to give my support and congratulate Hellbender and ALL programmers who have participated in this project.

Second, well it looks amazing, me personally would prefer eyecandy to performance. Maybe im wrong but thats my opinion.

Just want to add that i havnt tried this out just yet, il wait for a more stable release, even if its in 2months, 3months time i WILL most definatly try this out so again thanks to Hellbender and the programmers.

Ooh just one question, lets say for instance i have a nice hi-res image (.png), set this as my today background, why does it have low quality ?? i tried changing to a different format and increasing the resolution but this doesnt seem to change a thing =/

Thanks, Wez

Ooh just one question, lets say for instance i have a nice hi-res image (.png), set this as my today background, why does it have low quality ?? i tried changing to a different format and increasing the resolution but this doesnt seem to change a thing =/

That's because of the low-res omnia screen B)

Guest deimoslp

Thanks, Wez

What you are pointing at might be the fact that Omnia has a 16 bits color depth. So when you are displaying a 24bits picture on a 16bits screen there is some quality loss for sure. PNGs only support 24bits palette, but there are some software out there that can deal properly with 16 bits palette. I don't know the details though.

In case it's not the 16 bits problem, then just make sure that the pictures you are using have a 240x400 resolution.

Guest gaga_lefou

inccallto5.png

Congratulation, i dont know you're doing an Incoming Call Screen, Its so Awesome B)

After This, what are you doing now ? What stuff do you finalize ?

Guest xiphrex

Looks awesome and just what the omnia needs - a decent looking interface!

I just have 2 suggestions from how the screenshots look:

- On the incoming call, can you switch the "decline" and "answer" buttons around so they match the buttons of the omnia. Thats been the format for most phones including nokia and sony ericsson, to have the green answer button first then the red decline button after on the far right. Would be good practice to switch those around!

- I cant tell from the screenshots but can you make the whole thing silky smooth but quick, that would be awesome.

Keep up the good work B)

Guest LeSScro

Preview

Omnishell WA2 QVGA... based on Hellbender's Graphics...

Locker Screen

225797Screen01.jpg

Launcher

496184Screen02.jpg

Calendar View

329509Screen03.jpg

meteo View after push icon Meteo in calendar view...

390450Screen04.jpg

Trying to create Applications with Category

709364Screen05.jpg 141371Screen06.jpg

Trying to create a page to control S2P with mortscript...

933791Screen07.jpg

Need more work... beta version...

Edited by LeSScro

Guest Hellbender
Looks awesome and just what the omnia needs - a decent looking interface!

I just have 2 suggestions from how the screenshots look:

- On the incoming call, can you switch the "decline" and "answer" buttons around so they match the buttons of the omnia. Thats been the format for most phones including nokia and sony ericsson, to have the green answer button first then the red decline button after on the far right. Would be good practice to switch those around!

- I cant tell from the screenshots but can you make the whole thing silky smooth but quick, that would be awesome.

Keep up the good work B)

I partially agree about switching the two buttons, just tought that it was easier for a right handed user have the answer button on the right side, but no problem in switching them.

About the color, you are looking at this interface making a paraller on other interfaces, wrong, in my design every button is green, the orange ones are that color because they are most important/more commonly used for the function they are supposed to have, so they need to be more visible.

Guest Hellbender
Preview

Omnishell WA2 QVGA... based on Hellbender's Graphics...

Locker Screen

Launcher

Calendar View

meteo View after push icon Meteo in calendar view...

Trying to create Applications with Category

Need more work... beta version...

Ha ha! That's cool!

Guest Hellbender
this things is getting better and better .. keep up the good work .. for us .. Omnia users B)

Well actually Lesscro work has nothing to do with our project, he is just building a theme based on my design. He is an enthusiast B)

Guest gaga_lefou
Well actually Lesscro work has nothing to do with our project, he is just building a theme based on my design. He is an enthusiast B)

Arf, i believe that the beta release was for the Omnia.

But i think its a bit stupid to do another release for other before the Real release for Omnia user will be launch. Why dont you Help Hellbender and other programmer to make Omnishell ? B)

I think you should creat another topic because i have believe that the Release was for Omnia !!

But i prefer the Real Omnishell with the Real Weather, the real 3G / Wifi etc...icone its really more looking good. B)

933791Screen07.jpg

I think this is a Good idea, created a "Omni Player" with the Omnishell based to S2P B)

Edited by gaga_lefou