STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Hey. I love your work mate and as im reading that no coder is responding to develop this which is sad.

An idea is to try and contact the ones that have already released smth like ThrottleLauncher, PointUI, MBarvian (M2D developer) etc.

Maybe they want to implement smth new... B)

Keep it up and dont loose hope!

Edited by sector

Fat updates here.

The device lock:

lockzc1.png

Instead of a Slide to Unlock this is a Turn to Unlock. Functioning should be obvious.

I paid attention to it. Just noticed it. really nice gfx! tried it on my wizard.. but a little slow with all the animation. also, I noticed that I had trouble acessing the programs. perhaps having it set to read the whole start menu would be great.

did I mention that I love the GFX?!! very nice.

it is just too bad that it is too slow on my wizard B)

Guest Hellbender
I paid attention to it. Just noticed it. really nice gfx! tried it on my wizard.. but a little slow with all the animation. also, I noticed that I had trouble acessing the programs. perhaps having it set to read the whole start menu would be great.

did I mention that I love the GFX?!! very nice.

it is just too bad that it is too slow on my wizard B)

Well the idea is to have just a small number of icon on screen at a time ( 5 or 6). No point on having all them at once on the display.

Code will improve i hope, when our wonderful (and only) coder will be free to work on this.

I also hope i won't run away when he'll see the new screens B).

Guest Barthlon
Well the idea is to have just a small number of icon on screen at a time ( 5 or 6). No point on having all them at once on the display.

Code will improve i hope, when our wonderful (and only) coder will be free to work on this.

I also hope i won't run away when he'll see the new screens B) .

seeing how many people have donated to secany for the early release of roms, i think you could also add a donation button in your signature (and ofcourse speleo also). you have not been asking for money, but i can imagine you both have invested precious time in this project and you will maybe spend more time in the future....

just an idea B)

and once more i must say i love you ideas/designs/etc!

Guest mynullvoid

Hi,

I seems unable to download this new graphic because I don't see any download link.

One more thing, is it a totally new ROM or it installs on top of original omnia's ROM?

Edited by mynullvoid

Guest Hellbender
seeing how many people have donated to secany for the early release of roms, i think you could also add a donation button in your signature (and ofcourse speleo also). you have not been asking for money, but i can imagine you both have invested precious time in this project and you will maybe spend more time in the future....

Well, right now there isn't something to donate to in my opinion, further this is too early to be even a little usable. We will think about that later, if the project grows, and Speleomaniac agree with me to put a donation link. I would do nothing without a programmer.

and once more i must say i love you ideas/designs/etc!

Thank you for your support B)

Guest PuijkeN

Wow this looks great! Can't wait to see more improvements and really testing the program out!

Wouldn't mind donating something for this as this is something really nice and we could really use a nice UI for our Omnia's !

Guest Jokes On You

Hey Hellbender I got and epiphany. Ask the developer of HomeScreen PlusPlus. You could make this a theme for this UI. I think his UI is ideal for the interface you are trying to do. Also your a graphical monster B)

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest Hellbender
Hey Hellbender I got and epiphany. Ask the developer of HomeScreen PlusPlus. You could make this a theme for this UI. I think his UI is ideal for the interface you are trying to do. Also your a graphical monster B)

I saw the screens, i should investigate on this interface. Sincerely i fear for the spinner functionality cause looks like Homescreen PlusPlus don't have such animation capabilityes.

I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Guest Jokes On You
I saw the screens, i should investigate on this interface. Sincerely i fear for the spinner functionality cause looks like Homescreen PlusPlus don't have such animation capabilityes.

I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Dont worry about the transition thing. This man created a manilla like interface using HomeScreen. Look at this video on his website http://www.chi-tai.info/ Look under customization. If he can do that he can surely help you

Guest Hileotech

This is my cery first post on this forum, so I hope I won't be banned for what I'm about to say B)

I'm very happy for this idea, and, as everybody, I would like it to be working and stable on my Omnia.

Googleing here and there for my own needs, I found a web-site in which one can rent a coder.

So: if (as I can argue from this thread) somebody is willing to donate a few bucks for this project, why not to submit a project to that site, wait for a coder to bid on it (it usually happens within few hours) and then open a subscription on this thread to raise funds?

Waiting for your opinions... B)

Guest Hellbender
This is my cery first post on this forum, so I hope I won't be banned for what I'm about to say B)

I'm very happy for this idea, and, as everybody, I would like it to be working and stable on my Omnia.

Googleing here and there for my own needs, I found a web-site in which one can rent a coder.

So: if (as I can argue from this thread) somebody is willing to donate a few bucks for this project, why not to submit a project to that site, wait for a coder to bid on it (it usually happens within few hours) and then open a subscription on this thread to raise funds?

Waiting for your opinions... B)

Mh, if i need to pay for the development i should make it a commercial product.

Without counting in that donation isn't a due/reliable contribution, and you actually can't impose a subscription to access a thread on a public forum. I Could find myself without the money necessary to pay the developer.

I would reject this solution.

Guest Hileotech
Mh, if i need to pay for the development i should make it a commercial product.

Without counting in that donation isn't a due/reliable contribution, and you actually can't impose a subscription to access a thread on a public forum. I Could find myself without the money necessary to pay the developer.

I would reject this solution.

Ok: as I told you it was my very first post and... I'm sorry I begun with a "reject".

My purpose was just to give this project a chance to be "online" ASAP and not to "overcharge" user(s) with extra work. As many of us here reading I'm not a coder and I would like not only to receive from this forum, but even to give something. The possiiblity to have a "rented" pro working on our interface seemed fair to me: money would have gone to a "third party" person with some kind of contract.

Of course I'm not related in any way to the site(s) doing this "rent-a-coder" thing.

So, I'll wait for someone to solve the problem with interface.

Thank you for your kind reply B)

Guest Hellbender
Ok: as I told you it was my very first post and... I'm sorry I begun with a "reject".

My purpose was just to give this project a chance to be "online" ASAP and not to "overcharge" user(s) with extra work. As many of us here reading I'm not a coder and I would like not only to receive from this forum, but even to give something. The possiiblity to have a "rented" pro working on our interface seemed fair to me: money would have gone to a "third party" person with some kind of contract.

Of course I'm not related in any way to the site(s) doing this "rent-a-coder" thing.

So, I'll wait for someone to solve the problem with interface.

Thank you for your kind reply B)

My reply wasn't ment to be harsh, so i'm sorry if you took that so bad. The point is no one is picking this up, so i'm going to kill the project and transform it in a skin or something like that. Too bad.

Thing i surely know is that I wont make this more than a spare time project, this is why i rejected your proposal, that was just my opinion, i have nothing against you.

Guest Hellbender
Ho ho wait! We cant stop this project man! I love it, and donating isnt a problem for me, even if you rent a coder.

The fact is I personally don't wanto to rent a coder, i don't want the responsability, and i will not accept donations to rent someone.

A professional contract is too binding for me to be involved. I already have coders that i could pay to develop this, i just discarded the idea in the beginning, so if someone wants to take this step, it will be without me.

Stopping this project means that i will not design any more screens until i find a developer who wants to help, that's it.

Guest Barthlon
The fact is I personally don't wanto to rent a coder, i don't want the responsability, and i will not accept donations to rent someone.

A professional contract is too binding for me to be involved. I already have coders that i could pay to develop this, i just discarded the idea in the beginning, so if someone wants to take this step, it will be without me.

Stopping this project means that i will not design any more screens until i find a developer who wants to help, that's it.

jeah too bad noone is picking it up man. you can't make a program if you can "only" design... (mind the only in quotes, your designs rock man B)).

if something happens in the future and you deside to continue, let us know! and if you get itchy fingers or something like that: there are a lot of wm programs that can use a nice and sleek skin B)

cheers man

Guest Jokes On You

O well it would have been really nice to have this. I have been reading up on some coding so if I figure out how to do this I will let you know.

Guest Hellbender
O well it would have been really nice to have this. I have been reading up on some coding so if I figure out how to do this I will let you know.

I gave a look at homescreen plus plus, looks cool, but i don't know where to start. Will try to install it on my device and see what i can achieve, but not being a programmer i see it a hard to go far.

Guest Jokes On You
I gave a look at homescreen plus plus, looks cool, but i don't know where to start. Will try to install it on my device and see what i can achieve, but not being a programmer i see it a hard to go far.

He has a complete tutorial on his website. What I have been doing is downloading a regular theme, check it with the website he provides and see what comes out.

Guest Akshay_LP

No no, we don't want to base it on anything. The way this thing is progressing is awesome. I'm just hell pissed @ XDA man! Everyone admiring and noone to develop????

I'm sorry but I'm off to a rant on the XDA thread.

Guest Jokes On You
No no, we don't want to base it on anything. The way this thing is progressing is awesome. I'm just hell pissed @ XDA man! Everyone admiring and noone to develop????

I'm sorry but I'm off to a rant on the XDA thread.

XDA isnt developing anything for this because the developers on that forum do mainly HTC devices so the Omnia is out of luck B) Also you should try looking at UltimateLaunch http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/

Edited by Jokes On You