STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest Gregy1403

at the moment i'm using SPB mobile shell .. and marche skins ..

Cani install this one, just to see how it looks like? Or must i uninstall spb?

Thank you

Guest LeSScro

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OMNIA EXCLUSIVE APPLICATION, NEVER BEEN TESTED ON OTHER DEVICES.

Damn ! No update to other device possibility ? or 1st create a desktop on omnia then porting to other device ?

Guest Hellbender
NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OMNIA EXCLUSIVE APPLICATION, NEVER BEEN TESTED ON OTHER DEVICES.

Damn ! No update to other device possibility ? or 1st create a desktop on omnia then porting to other device ?

Too bad the cross device compatibility is not a priority anymore, because we are trying to obtain the best performance for Omnia. Some code methods and features we will use in the future could not be optimized/compatible with other devices, so if it runs on other devices good thing, if it doesn't we don't provide support at this time.

Sorry for that but we have a lot of work to do even developing only for Omnia.

When design will be solid enough (no more modifications) i will probably provide PSD files for the ones who want to make themes based on our shell. Obviously not right now.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest Gregy1403
at the moment i'm using SPB mobile shell .. and marche skins ..

Cani install this one, just to see how it looks like? Or must i uninstall spb?

Thank you

Hellbender, do you have a word for me? B))

Guest LeSScro
Too bad the cross device compatibility is not a priority anymore, because we are trying to obtain the best performance for Omnia. Some code methods and features we will use in the future could not be optimized/compatible with other devices, so if it runs on other devices good thing, if it doesn't we don't provide support at this time.

Sorry for that but we have a lot of work to do even developing only for Omnia.

When design will be solid enough (no more modifications) i will probably provide PSD files for the ones who want to make themes based on our shell. Obviously not right now.

OK ! no problem... It seems Omnia have a specific 3D graphic accelerator... and some specific ability... I read this thread with interest and i want buy an Omnia only for this SHELL ! B)

i follow with some interest your graphic evolution... B) and the developping COde... B)

I hope this project continously update ! Ur idea have lot of potential and i think it must be a simple and very usefull UI for most User...

Don't STop ! B)

Guest bobobird

Thx should go to hellbender PLUS those who are coding this because without them it remains graphical concept.

Thx all for the continued hard work on this - shaping up very nicely I might add.

Guest Hellbender
Is the final cab file ready for the world? I would love to have it.

Look awesome and fun. Great job!

Please read the FIRST post for every file release, and READ THE NOTES. I will not answer any more to questions like this.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest Kroutnuk

Hello B)

This is an awesome work.

I have a question, when i launch OmniLock_alpha5 (I think it is the latest release), I don't have the icons SMS, call, mail.

Does it need another program to fully work ?

Edited by Kroutnuk

Guest deimoslp
Hello B)

This is an awesome work.

I have a question, when i launch OmniLock_alpha5 (I think it is the latest release), I don't have the icons SMS, call, mail.

Does it need another program to fully work ?

those only show up when you have respectively missed calls, unread sms or unread mails. We thought it was clearer this way, so that it's easier to tell if you have items that need attention or not.

Guest ink nero

hello guys,

many thanks to Hellbender, DeimosLP and Speleomaniac, great work!!

missed calls counts/sms count/mails count works fine!

Interact between omnishell and omnilock is already possible as show this video

but on my omnia omnishell seems to crash after unlock with omnilock (it appears all white and I need to terminate process).

However wonderful alpha version, thanks again.

Hellbender, can you share your new icon to make omnishell more useful?

edit:

if this can help, also s2u2 seems to crash after omnilock, but after setting s2u2 display mode to rawbuffer instead of directdraw, everything works fine!

Edited by ink nero

Guest Hellbender
hello guys,

many thanks to Hellbender, DeimosLP and Speleomaniac, great work!!

missed calls counts/sms count/mails count works fine!

Interact between omnishell and omnilock is already possible as show this video

but on my omnia omnishell seems to crash after unlock with omnilock (it appears all white and I need to terminate process).

However wonderful alpha version, thanks again.

Hellbender, can you share your new icon to make omnishell more useful?

Well actually I did just a couple of icons, I will release a pack in a future release. About the crash , weel actually both applications are very very early in their development stage, so bugs and misfunctions can surely emerge.

We released the alpha lock to show the actual state of the project, not for heavy testing, so forgive some bugs and inconsistency. Same thing for the OmniShell.

Anyway feedback is very appreciated.

Guest deimoslp
edit:

if this can help, also s2u2 seems to crash after omnilock, but after setting s2u2 display mode to rawbuffer instead of directdraw, everything works fine!

Indeed, feedback is very appreciated. Thanks for the report, I'll take care of that for the next release.

I have been following this thread with great interest, and I tried Omnilock Alpha5.

It is VERY close to the ideal (for me) screen lock: I am looking for a screen lock that will stay locked no matter what, but will let the sound (or vibration) notifications come through (incoming call, sms, reminder, alarm) and show on the screen the different counters ( to allow a quick look indicating what may have been missed). I want it to stay locked during an incoming call or notification, unless I do something specific to unlock it (swipe or hardware key). In short, I do not want to press anything on the screen inadvertently.

Obviously, being able to answer an incoming call is essential and is not possible with the present version: once that is adressed, I would suggest having an option to let us decide if we want the screen to continue to be locked during the call.

On an outgoing call, I am thinking of disabling the Samsung feature, and use OmniLock (launched from a hardware key) to lock the screen when I want to.

I really appreciate all the efforts of everyone involved in this project.

Frank

Guest Jokes On You
I have been following this thread with great interest, and I tried Omnilock Alpha5.

It is VERY close to the ideal (for me) screen lock: I am looking for a screen lock that will stay locked no matter what, but will let the sound (or vibration) notifications come through (incoming call, sms, reminder, alarm) and show on the screen the different counters ( to allow a quick look indicating what may have been missed). I want it to stay locked during an incoming call or notification, unless I do something specific to unlock it (swipe or hardware key). In short, I do not want to press anything on the screen inadvertently.

Obviously, being able to answer an incoming call is essential and is not possible with the present version: once that is adressed, I would suggest having an option to let us decide if we want the screen to continue to be locked during the call.

On an outgoing call, I am thinking of disabling the Samsung feature, and use OmniLock (launched from a hardware key) to lock the screen when I want to.

I really appreciate all the efforts of everyone involved in this project.

Frank

S2U has that feature you should check it out. I think if this becomes a full app it will be able to compete with alot of the lock applications and today plugins. B)

Guest bluey09

Hi,

Im using ur Omnilock and it looks fab ... Is it possible if you can make it Gsensor frienddly i.e the tab/wheel swings with the movement of the phone so one could unlock the phone by rotating it .. (just like teether app) .

Thanks

Edited by bluey09