New Customized Omnia Menu

Guest daskalos

Guest neworld25

Thanks so much daskalos for this mod. Works well on my Omnia!! :lol: And this is what I have done after modifying daskalos's....btw, the battery life after flashing new rom DXHJ1 is fantastic....Managed to have at least 2 bars after 2 days of usage, and that includes WIFI, Games, Sms-es and Calls. Cheers!

?action=view&current=menu2.jpgmenu2.jpg"> ?action=view&current=menu.jpgmenu.jpg"> ?action=view&current=program.jpgprogram.jpg">

Edited by neworld25

Guest daskalos
Hi, i've downloaded the new menu (which looks great by the way), but the icons don't match up with the words! Is there something i haven't done or is it my rom version (HH1)? Many thanks

Hmmm...maybe it's your ROM...I've customized it for HJ1....

Guest daskalos
I can not change the properties using TC. Looks like I change them but they come back. Any ideas.

Thanks... Ron...

Try the latest version of Total Commander or try Resco Explorer

Open Resco Explorer, Menu / Options / General / Browser.... Uncheck all boxes....the file is hidden, unchecking the boxes will let you see and find "Launcher.exe.T1.skin".... :lol:

hi i have copy the original to my storeage card folder..but how to paste the new launcher to the window folder.

Guest daskalos

With Resco Explorer, copy my launcher, go to /Windows and paste it there...There will be a warining that you're gonna overwrite blah blah, just overwrite it...

Guest bobobird

Thx brother, nice work there. Works just fine.

Just one suggestion - it would really be nice if the skin colour corresponded to the default Omnia colours as in Samsung Theme_2 to maintain a consistent colour scheme throughout the device?

Edited by bobobird

Guest meabigbaldguy
Got tired of the Omnias Menu old look (dull white background,dull icons,brown menu bar etc.) so I customized it (took me hours)

Before:

20081105_001901_0006_108.jpg

20081105_001913_0007_108.jpg

20081105_002012_0012_108.jpg

Now, here's my Omnia menu looks like:

20081104_235806_0000_108.jpg

20081104_235828_0001_108.jpg

20081104_235850_0002_108.jpg

20081104_235914_0003_108.jpg

Works in landscape mode too...

If you want to try my customized Omnia Menu:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

(For the file see post # 3)

NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks :lol:

Worked for me! Thanks for your efforts and also for making this available to all of us!

Guest bobobird
NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks :lol:

Plenty of feedback -

eg how to create own background

eg how to replace background with on in samsung2 theme (mine)

eg how to change font colour

etc etc

Care to repond please ?

hey could someone please put up the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin". i thought i copied the original, but when i checked after i overwrite the file it wasnt there.

thanks

Hi guys,

Could you share how you edited the skin file? What progeram did you use etc.?

I would like to create my own skin for my Omnia.

thanks in advance

Guest FREAKed

Here's some work from me. It's a bit more conservative than others but i liked the default WM6.1 theme so i matched the menu with it.

Here's the preview:

Home screen:

pc_capture3.jpg

Menu portrait mode:

pc_capture2.jpg

Shortcuts portrait mode:

pc_capture4.jpg

Shortcuts edit portrait mode:

pc_capture5.jpg

Shortcuts edit landscape mode:(i know the center bar doesn't look as nice but i'm just too lazy to fix it

pc_capture7.jpg

And menu landscape mode:

pc_capture6.jpg

Here is the theme and launcher skin file:

Menu+Theme pack

Just follow the usual procedure and there you have it.

Guest freefallrlc

How did you manage to change the color of the taskbar? I know how to change icons and background pics but Ni idea how to get rid of the brown taskbar...