New Customized Omnia Menu

Guest daskalos

Guest gitarock

is there any possible way that someone can write any very very simple directions how to do that ???

i think i have problems to understand some things like making the file a hidden and stuff ,so if someone can simplify the language

or to make a video or photos ill be very greatfull , i want this sooooooooooooooo much.

20081105_001913_0007_108.jpg

20081105_002012_0012_108.jpg

Now, here's my Omnia menu looks like:

20081104_235806_0000_108.jpg

20081104_235828_0001_108.jpg

20081104_235850_0002_108.jpg

20081104_235914_0003_108.jpg

Works in landscape mode too...

If you want to try my customized Omnia Menu:

1. With Resco Explorer or Total Commander search the file "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" in the /Windows folder (default Omnia file explorer cannot copy/cut/overwrite system files so use Resco Explorer).

2. Copy it to another folder (for back up purpose)

3. Download the attached file(See post #3 for the file). Edit its properties, make it: read-only,hidden and system file (with pc or with Resco Explorer).

4. In the /Windows folder overwrite the "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" with my "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file

5. Restart Device. Enjoy

If want to have the default Omnia Menu again, just place the original "Launcher.exe.T1.skin" file in the /Windows folder.

(For the file see post # 3)

NOTE: Please take time to post some feedback on this thread. Over a hundred have downloaded the file, so pls. let me know if it worked or bricked your device (joke)j. Give some comments or just a plain thanks would be fine...Thanks B)

Guest FREAKed
How did you manage to change the color of the taskbar? I know how to change icons and background pics but Ni idea how to get rid of the brown taskbar...

the same way as the pics, just find them in reshacker, extract them.

Then you can make new ones or just adjust the collor ballance in photoshop (this is much easier and quicker) on old ones

At the end, just put the modified ones back where original use to be

Guest metalman705

plzz could some1 help me i used it and it works but now it wont change back even if i try a other skin who other people maked or maked it my self it shows that purple one B) don't get it how can it run your skin if your skin is replaced for a other B) B) could you help me plssssss

Cant copy to windows folder as the omnia keep telling me nt enough space. B)

Put in sync mode, try to transfer the new launcher.skin to my onia but always at the end of transfering, tll me nt enough space.

Edited by 6gate

Guest Barthlon
Here's some work from me. It's a bit more conservative than others but i liked the default WM6.1 theme so i matched the menu with it.

Here's the preview:

Home screen:

pc_capture3.jpg

Menu portrait mode:

pc_capture2.jpg

Shortcuts portrait mode:

pc_capture4.jpg

Shortcuts edit portrait mode:

pc_capture5.jpg

Shortcuts edit landscape mode:(i know the center bar doesn't look as nice but i'm just too lazy to fix it

pc_capture7.jpg

And menu landscape mode:

pc_capture6.jpg

Here is the theme and launcher skin file:

Menu+Theme pack

Just follow the usual procedure and there you have it.

just to let you know man: installed it and i'm very happy, thanks! B)

i've tried almost every shell or plugin or whatever, but i keep going back to the default wm today with date, messaging, calendar, tasks and the spb weather plugin. also i changed my left softbutton to the contactlist (why you need two buttons to go to "phone"?). this is just IT for me. and like you, i like the green theme, so a identical samsung menu just rocks B)

thanks again B)

screen001fn3.pngscreen002fd6.png

screen003wk9.png

screen004zu7.png

screen005fh0.png

These are my shots, simple but nice

Hi!

i want this black and white theme. where can i got it?

i have the original and it sucks!

Thanks!

EDIT: where can i download themes like this?

Edited by WaPeR

Hi!

i want this black and white theme. where can i got it?

i have the original and it sucks!

Thanks!

EDIT: where can i download themes like this?

Its not really a theme per se, i just took the wallpaper and changed it to grayscale for the menu...i'll upload my launcher file and wallpaper later...sorry

Its not really a theme per se, i just took the wallpaper and changed it to grayscale for the menu...i'll upload my launcher file and wallpaper later...sorry

so, why the icons (phonebook, settings...) are different?

the wallpaper its really pretty.

you have the windows bar (green by default) black, its easy to change?

thanks in advance

Guest FREAKed
Hi!

who can tell me where can i find themes for my omnia?

i don't know how to change the color to black like SwagR

thanks!

you should read from the first post, it says exactly how to do it. You can change your taskbar colour by adding some themes, but the menu will not change except when you replace the launcher file. And doing that really requires some knowledge, but it is all available in this thread. Come on, give it a try, anyone can make a great menu, it is just a matter of time

Edited by FREAKed

Guest freefallrlc
If you want the black bar, change in the registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color

BaseHue

change value to "160"

bye B)

Ah, I was looking for this, thanks.

Actually inly thing that sucks is that you can´t get real black into the change theme colors. So, if I choose a different wallpaper, I always have to choose one of the standart colors, as well. Any chance to get real black into the list there as well?

And I was wondering if it´s possible to get rid of the gradient in the bars?

Guest bluey09
screen001fn3.pngscreen002fd6.png

screen003wk9.png

screen004zu7.png

screen005fh0.png

These are my shots, simple but nice

Hi,

How did you manage to use that wallpaper on Today screen in landscape ??? What resolution you using ???? Im using 240 x 400 but i cant get full image in landscape mode ... i know the landscape resolution different and the wallpaper on main menu background works fine ... Little help needed B)

Thanks