WM 6.1 Upgrade Problem

Guest Athenon

Guest Athenon

Ok, I saw WM6.1 and liked it...so I decided to upgrade.

I started the install, phase 1 fine...phase 2 fine...phase 3 though, froze. The computer says "waiting for a next image" and the phone says "Time: xxx" where xxx is random numbers. The first time it happened, I yanked everything - the phone booted wm6.1 fine, no problems - but I figured something might be screwed up so I better do it right. So I went back, expecting it to work fine this time - but no luck. Same...exact...problem.

Any ideas? How to fix it? What it means? Anything?

EDIT: P.S. Yes, I did remove the SIM card as instructed. This seems relevant because Phase 3 seems to have to do with the phone portion of the device, as opposed to the boot portion or the PDA portion.

Thanks!!!!

Athenon

Edited by Athenon

Guest sccrplaya407

I just upgraded a few days ago as well......when you say random numbers were the numbers just randomly showing and spinning fast? I saw that too but the load bar on the phone kept moving so I let it go. Also did you download the correct modem drivers prior to beginning the upgrade. Afterwards my phone took a little while to boot up the first time but then began without a hitch. I believe that after the upgrade you have to soft reset the phone to make sure everything is in order by typing in a code that samsung/att give you.

Guest Athenon
I just upgraded a few days ago as well......when you say random numbers were the numbers just randomly showing and spinning fast? I saw that too but the load bar on the phone kept moving so I let it go. Also did you download the correct modem drivers prior to beginning the upgrade. Afterwards my phone took a little while to boot up the first time but then began without a hitch. I believe that after the upgrade you have to soft reset the phone to make sure everything is in order by typing in a code that samsung/att give you.

Nah, I did it on another computer and it worked fine...and now I have a refurbished phone anyway because the keys were scratching off B) Thanks for the reply though!