AccSensor / Windows Media Player Plugin

Guest zemrwhite2

Guest zemrwhite2

Hello,

I wish to share with you my first project on Windows Mobile.

It is a omnia-only Windows Media Player plugin that uses the acceleration sensor.

You will be able to play the next tune in your playlist by shaking the phone.

Please read included text file for more details, since I do not wish to give any support on the application. There will be no updates or anything, but comments are welcommed.

I just hope someone will be able to create something really great based on this.

Full source code and an installer are provided.

Readme :

ShakeIt.txt

Source code and installer :

ShakeIt.src.20081106.zip

OMG! Now not only SE phone can do this, Omnia can too.

Ive installed it and it works!

Can it register to skip backward to previous song?

I ve tested it will only skip to next song regardless which direction you shake it.

Guest zemrwhite2
I ve tested it will only skip to next song regardless which direction you shake it.

It only skip forward. But by implementing a better analysis of the vector, it is possible to detect at least the main direction of the acceleration.

This implementation has been made as simple as possible in the hope that some guy will put his hands in it and make something really great with it.

Guest zemrwhite2
Sounds great but how about the player thats built in with manilla2d. can you fix it for that one aswell? Would be frikkin awsome :lol:

Yes, it would be awesome. I have given all the source code of the application, so you or someone else could make this enhancement :D if possible with this player.

I have no time to work on it anymore, this is why I gave everything.

Guest Mrhoffmann
can some one please run me through how to install this

i thought i done it but obviously not

applet?? check what ??? please help

Start --> Settings --> System --> Shakeit Setup --> Register plugin

Guest zemrwhite2
should i keep the sliders as they are?

Yes or no. Depends. It modifies the values used by the algorithm, read the ShakeIt.txt file for more details about this.

By default it is a bit too sensitive.

For example, if you move the last one to the max, you will have to throw your phone against a wall in order to skip to next song :lol:

Note : do not do this ! :D

Guest zemrwhite2

Thank you everyone. I am pretty pleased with your reactions, they are all so kind and positive.

Now I hope some developers will get their hands on it and improve it.

Just a word about the development :

I got this phone about the end of september, then I started analyzing into IDA some programs, line GrandPrix*CameraTest.exe, camera.exe, Admin.exe, LCDTest.exe, etc...

I ended up reading backlight sensor, switching on/off flashlight, reading acc sensor, capturing data with front camera, with IOCTLs, or registry hack (front camera), that was so fun. Then I took the Direct3D sample, and modified matrices with acc sensor values, and I got that banana cylinder "fixed in space", cool but completely useless.

I showed the stuff to my friends and coworkers. One of them suggested to dial by gesture, the other - FX as credited in the app - the WMP plugin. The last one was easiest to implement, and with his great help and constructive suggestions through the whole process, I managed to make ShakeIt.

Apart from this, we found this project : http://wiigee.sourceforge.net

I think there is something to do with this library and the i900 !

Guest pdaphonemaster

This is a great idea and works most of the time.

However, I think I discovered a bug. After closing WMP (when shake it is working), it is not possible to restart it. Only soft rest will resrat WMP.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Guest lunanxia
Hello,

I wish to share with you my first project on Windows Mobile.

It is a omnia-only Windows Media Player plugin that uses the acceleration sensor.

You will be able to play the next tune in your playlist by shaking the phone.

Please read included text file for more details, since I do not wish to give any support on the application. There will be no updates or anything, but comments are welcommed.

I just hope someone will be able to create something really great based on this.

Full source code and an installer are provided.

Readme :

ShakeIt.txt

Source code and installer :

ShakeIt.src.20081106.zip

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest zemrwhite2
I would love to use this in the manilla audio player as this is all I use. Can you port it to that? It would be amazing if you could!!!

I will make the same answer as for Clarren, I will not work on it anymore. But everything is there for someone (you ? B) ) to improve it.

However, I think I discovered a bug. After closing WMP (when shake it is working), it is not possible to restart it. Only soft rest will resrat WMP.

Same answer again. I was expecting something like that, because of COM and threads which are more or less new to me, but I never encountered such a behaviour while coding.

Did you try to kill WMP with the task manager ?

Guest pdaphonemaster

Same answer again. I was expecting something like that, because of COM and threads which are more or less new to me, but I never encountered such a behaviour while coding.

Did you try to kill WMP with the task manager ?

Guest zemrwhite2
It's a shame that you will not work on this further as this could be a very useful addition.

I agree, but time runs pretty fast, can't get enough, and I want to do different things.

We just have to hope someone will extend it, or will develop something similar, more stable, compatible with other players etc...

I have no doubt this will happen.

Sorry...

Guest golddust
I agree, but time runs pretty fast, can't get enough, and I want to do different things.

We just have to hope someone will extend it, or will develop something similar, more stable, compatible with other players etc...

I have no doubt this will happen.

Sorry...

Can someone do the similar to photo album also.. so you can open next picture just by shake the phone!