Best radio/phone ROM for i900 at the moment?

Guest cyberarmy

Guest a.fontenele

What'up "dogs"?! LOL...

Man, I really want to update just the phone part to JJIA1, through the link you posted, but it ain't wonking...

Anyways, I managed to find a i900JJIA1PHONE.exe on rapidshare, though I don't know who made this .exe and if I can trust it. I'm really afraid of using granprix and I wanna update just the phone part cuz I'm already using one of ock's roms. I've been reading and searching these answers like craaaazy, but I'm still not confident...

My questions are:

1) My phone info is i900L DXID1-VIHJ5, will there be any incorrect software version I need to worry about?

2) Should I just follow the HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL by Sector (if the phone part is a ".exe" instead of ".bin") as I did before so that I'm good to go?

3) Is this way the safest or there is another one to update the phone part only?

Thanks so much bro and congratz on all your work!!!

Edited by a.fontenele

Guest blade87
What'up "BrunĂ£o"?! LOL...

Man, I really want to update just the phone part to JJIA1, through the link you posted, but it ain't wonking...

Anyways, I managed to find a i900JJIA1PHONE.exe on rapidshare, though I don't know who made this .exe and if I can trust it. I'm really afraid of using granprix and I wanna update just the phone part cuz I'm already using one of ock's roms. I've been reading and searching these answers like craaaazy, but I'm still not confident...

My questions are:

1) My phone info is i900L DXID1-VIHJ5, will there be any incorrect software version I need to worry about?

2) Should I just follow the HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL by Sector (if the phone part is a ".exe" instead of ".bin") as I did before so that I'm good to go?

3) Is this way the safest or there is another one to update the phone part only?

Thanks so much bro and congratz on all your work!!!

I don't think you should be afraid. Flash away. If something fails during the process, just remove and replace the battery and try to flash again.

1. I don't think so.

2. Installing the phone part is the same as installing a ROM - open the exe file, connect the phone and wait.

3. Using the exe may be the safest.

Guest a.fontenele
I don't think you should be afraid. Flash away. If something fails during the process, just remove and replace the battery and try to flash again.

1. I don't think so.

2. Installing the phone part is the same as installing a ROM - open the exe file, connect the phone and wait.

3. Using the exe may be the safest.

:(

Awesome...

I'll give it a try as soon as I'm sure I won't screw up, hahaha!!!

Thank you so much mate for the quick reply...

Edited by a.fontenele

Guest mide74

hello, I'm new in flashing roms etc but I just flashed my i900.

in my phone it says:

version PDA: i900DXID1 and PHONE: i900XXHI4.

I'm running the latest OCK rom Build 23569 (Alpha ui) (I guess this rom is responsible for the DXID1 version for PDA?)

it's a Dutch i900.

can someone tell me if it's wise/a good idea to either flash the PDA or PHONE rom to another version? and if yes, to what version.

Decided to flash the phone part with DX1F1. I am using PDhee's ROM with SPB shell 3.5 and am very impressed with the new phone part. I have been using it in anger for WiFi, Bluetooth Stereo and GPS and results so far are:

DXIF1 -

Excellent

GPS - extremely good!! I have actually got a strong signal indoors as I type. Never had that on other flashes.

Signal - definitely better, more bars and no drop out.

Wireless - excellent, again better reception further away in the house .

Battery - not tested as yet, running on WiFi and GPS with no charger connected to see what happens.

Heating - good so far

I will feed back any changes and thanks to all for the recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Revhead

It would be good to compile a list of which parts support 3G and which specific bands?

I think one post said JJIA1 was the only one that supported all of the bands. 3G can be important if you travel and visit places like Japan where you get no reception unless you have 3G?

Guest andrew.mazlim
Decided to flash the phone part with DX1F1. I am using PDhee's ROM with SPB shell 3.5 and am very impressed with the new phone part. I have been using it in anger for WiFi, Bluetooth Stereo and GPS and results so far are:

DXIF1 -

Excellent

GPS - extremely good!! I have actually got a strong signal indoors as I type. Never had that on other flashes.

Signal - definitely better, more bars and no drop out.

Wireless - excellent, again better reception further away in the house .

Battery - not tested as yet, running on WiFi and GPS with no charger connected to see what happens.

Heating - good so far

I will feed back any changes and thanks to all for the recommendations.

Mate, I was using the DXIF1 a lot! Very good comments you wrote, I had the same experience too..., BUT you didn't test the battery (I did). Unfortunatelly, with Orange provider, this phone's battery sucks a bit. I turned back (after many NEWESt phones) to the "good-old" XBIC1, which I think is the best "ballanced" phone, even after so many time since it released.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest lagoskon

I think it is logical for the DXIF1 better scores , to consume more battery. It's a simple choice between balance and better-less battery radios. We still haven't find the Perfect in all areas Phone.!!!

Guest andrew.mazlim
I think it is logical for the DXIF1 better scores , to consume more battery. It's a simple choice between balance and better-less battery radios. We still haven't find the Perfect in all areas Phone.!!!

1+!... I agree.

About your last comment, you'll wait for that "perfect" phone for... EVER, bro! It will be NO such a "perfect" phone! Why? It's totaly reasonable why can't be. An AMAZING signal/Wi-Fi/GPS phone... MUST be using FAR MORE energy from another less good signal phone!!! So...? That amazing signal phone will SUCKS in battery life! And the opposite - if you'll find a GREAT battery life phone, will probably terrible in signal/Wi-Fi/GPS!

We CAN'T have all, can't you see that?! If someone is using his i900 for calling/GPS, he MUST choose a phone with superb signal and he'll must NOT care about the low battery life.

If someone is using his i900 for MULTIMEDIA use (mp3, videos, etc.), he must choose a great battery life phone but not care about his drop-calls!!!

It's simple like that...

Guest drrkgupta
Hello everybody,

I am currently using the DXIF1 for almost a week before i had DXID1, XBIC1, PUJA1

I did not experienced any major issues with Wifi, GPS or Phone calls generally speaking.

Battery was my main issue which in DXID1 lasted almost two days, XBIC almost one day and a half, PUJA1 one day and something (less than XBIC) and now DXIF1 which lasts almost THREE days!!

Of course if i use my Igo the battery drains instantly.. but for the rest like sms, photos, music, phone calls WiFi etc..its on my daily usage.

I am using OCK's win6.5 rom,

DXID1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit less than in XBIC)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 50 hours

XBIC1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit less than in PUJA1)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 35 hours

PUJA1

True that GPS connect's abit faster.

Call quality ok (i could even answer my phone in the elevator which with others i had no signal)

Wifi a bit faster

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 30 hours

DXIF1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit worse than in XBIC1)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 69 hours

So i will stick to DXIF1.

Anyway, just personal experience.

So it seems to me that the best phone reception and GPS fix is in the PUJA1 Phone part! Yes, it compromises on the battery life but then one cannot get everything.

Guest blade87
So it seems to me that the best phone reception and GPS fix is in the PUJA1 Phone part! Yes, it compromises on the battery life but then one cannot get everything.

There's a big BUT... The battery is the most important part. Without it, who cares that the satellites lock in two seconds when your battery is drained. :huh:

Guest andrew.mazlim
There's a big BUT... The battery is the most important part. Without it, who cares that the satellites lock in two seconds when your battery is drained. :huh:

Defo! 1+!!! That's why I care very much for the battery. It's the "heart" of any phone, as the CPU/memory is the "brain".

Guest 00raq00

Yesterday I tested DXIA5, DXIF1, PUJA1 and ZHIE1 on GPS.

DXIF1 (fix ~2min )was stupid from 40% battery, DXIA5 was fixing 20 minutes, PUJA1 and ZHIE1 was very stable and fast fix.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Yesterday I tested DXIA5, DXIF1, PUJA1 and ZHIE1 on GPS.

DXIF1 (fix ~2min )was stupid from 40% battery, DXIA5 was fixing 20 minutes, PUJA1 and ZHIE1 was very stable and fast fix.

I'm laughing when I'm reading comments like that, friend - no offence, let me explain... HOW in the earth you can say "I tested..." something, when in a SINGLE day, you changed FOUR phones???

Other boys saying "I flashed 3-5 roms last night, I found the last one better..."!!!

Is it logical?

Even if you was a TEST DRIVER for a car magazine, you would testing a new car model, for at LEAST... a weekend!

And you "tested" four phones, in a single day. No matter if you tested them ONLY for the GPS. You can't have a good point of view, without testing for at least 1-3 days each one of these.

(I'm testing/working/using a rom & a phone, for 1-3 days the most, to "find" if they're "good" for my use. Even so, I think, 1-3 days are little time to test something...)

Just take this comment as friendly advice, nothing more.

Guest blade87

I'll have to agree with the last post. Weather conditions change between every test you make so that's one influence. Another thing is that with the same phone ROM sometimes it connects fast and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. So you really can't test them that way. I've had a few problems with the GPS even with PUJA1 when I had it. It didn't want to connect. But when it was in the mood, it gets the lock fast. So to sum up - the best tests are conducted from a fresh three hour recharge until the battery reaches zero. That way the chance of the results being more accurate is higher.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi all

please give the download link of PUJA1 for i900

thanks rolleyes.gif

Uploading now, in 4shared. Wait some mins... Patience, the 4shared site became unstable during the proccess, now I'm uploading with Mediafire...

EDIT:

Done!

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8yj8w486ib0f18

@jovigom: I don't think this topic's links are working, bro. At least, the half of them.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest jovigom
Hi all

please give the download link of PUJA1 for i900

thanks rolleyes.gif

Hello!

h**p://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/289939/phone-bin-collection-free-download/

Bye.

Guest Hanif Jiwani
Uploading now, in 4shared. Wait some mins... Patience, the 4shared site became unstable during the proccess, now I'm uploading with Mediafire...

EDIT:

Done!

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8yj8w486ib0f18

@jovigom: I don't think this topic's links are working, bro. At least, the half of them.

Thank you but I need at V1.6.6 userdownloader XP.

Edited by Hanif Jiwani