Custom ROM: DZIA2-ECH01B11 xxxHOLiC Edition

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Guest whitebluegreen

Hi iTnkD4iAm,

i installed the touchplayer CAB as posted here: http://vitaln.com/ehalos/omnia/cabs.html

but it seems its not working for my non-customized DZHJ1 rom. Please help! Everytime i access the ALBUM tab on the player, i get an error with the SMPlayer.exe. Also, where can i find the samsung mouse pointers (is there supposed to be an option to choose different pointers u want or just a standard one as seen even on old samsung ROMs?), ialso installed this cab on my device...

thanks in advance!

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Everytime i access the ALBUM tab on the player, i get an error with the SMPlayer.exe.

Are you getting any file-missing error? Could you please state it? Can't really help without knowing what files it's looking for since we're using different ROM versions.

Also, where can i find the samsung mouse pointers (is there supposed to be an option to choose different pointers u want or just a standard one as seen even on old samsung ROMs?), ialso installed this cab on my device...

Since you're on an official ROM, the extra mouse pointers are already available to you and you can safely uninstall mine B) To change the mouse pointers, check this post. You need to edit the registry.

Guest whitebluegreen

Are you getting any file-missing error? Could you please state it? Can't really help without knowing what files it's looking for since we're using different ROM versions.

No missing file errors..

First message i got after running the cab was "the program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of windows mobile software" then soon after that i ran touchplayer and clicked on the ALBUM tab, i got this error "a problem has occured with SMPlayer.exe". I can play the mp3s as long as NOT accessing it through ALBUMs tab (ie. can only play when ARTIST tab was chosen). Hope this info helps... again, im running on DZHJ1.

btw, from what firmware did you extract the touchplayer from (DxHK1)? Maraming Salamat B)

Since you're on an official ROM, the extra mouse pointers are already available to you and you can safely uninstall mine B) To change the mouse pointers, check this post. You need to edit the registry.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
No missing file errors..

First message i got after running the cab was "the program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of windows mobile software" then soon after that i ran touchplayer and clicked on the ALBUM tab, i got this error "a problem has occured with SMPlayer.exe". I can play the mp3s as long as NOT accessing it through ALBUMs tab (ie. can only play when ARTIST tab was chosen). Hope this info helps... again, im running on DZHJ1.

Might be your mp3's (could be related to the ID3/2 tags). Unless, the touch player that came with your version works ok w/ the mp3's before you installed this one, then there's an updated touch player-related file somewhere in the ROM.

btw, from what firmware did you extract the touchplayer from (DxHK1)? Maraming Salamat B)

Yep. I usually add a note if it's extracted from another firmware version. Wala pong anuman B)

Guest maks  pain
*cough* For those who's not seeing the XT9 after installation. Have you tried soft resetting the device? B) If yes, are you using my custom ROM or another? If it's from someone else then it's likely I missed some required files while packaging it.

yeah.. i think maybe because of using other custom ROM..

mine is using Paul's one..already soft reset 2 times but no effect on key XT9

Guest conqueror
Many thanks for your reply. I'd like to make sure of the proper way of installing the upgrade; should I install both parts on the device simultaneously.

Please clarify the proper way of the installation of the ROM; what should I do with the Two parts.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Please clarify the proper way of the installation of the ROM; what should I do with the Two parts.

The two parts is the Windows ROM updater split into two parts. The two parts should be downloaded on your Windows XP computer and should be placed on the same folder or save both of them on your windows desktop. Then double-click the part1 file. It will then ask where you would like to extract the updater. After the files have been extracted the updater will automatically run.

PS. Just a reminder: as stated in the installation instructions on the website, install the Samsung modem drivers for Windows XP first.

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest conqueror
The two parts is the Windows ROM updater split into two parts. The two parts should be downloaded on your Windows XP computer and should be placed on the same folder or save both of them on your windows desktop. Then double-click the part1 file. It will then ask where you would like to extract the updater. After the files have been extracted the updater will automatically run.

PS. Just a reminder: as stated in the installation instructions on the website, install the Samsung modem drivers for Windows XP first.

Really appreciate your prompt response.

Guest markkohfm

This is indeed the best and cleanest rom ever.

Could i ask why you left java in the rom? cuz there are java cabs that can be installed on the storage card, which saves even more space.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
This is indeed the best and cleanest rom ever.

Could i ask why you left java in the rom? cuz there are java cabs that can be installed on the storage card, which saves even more space.

Thanks B)

Haven't really considered removing Java yet as unlike the other apps I've removed, other applications actually relies on this before the other application can run and I don't have that much free time yet to look and test if any of the samsung apps requires this.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
I am using the 07 version from your website and i am not able to change the time of the alarms under omnia clock.

Could you please specify the steps in reproducing this problem? I don't think I've encountered this problem before. And I didn't touch any clock-related files (as far as I can tell anyway) heheh

Guest markkohfm

Its tclock.exe. In the creation of new alarms, the option to change the time is blur but i cannot change the time. However, the same option is available when i change the system time using the app.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Its tclock.exe. In the creation of new alarms, the option to change the time is blur but i cannot change the time. However, the same option is available when i change the system time using the app.

Are you getting the following screens when you try to change the alarm?

s01gy0.gif

s02ri3.gif

Guest markkohfm

I am missing picture no. 3 which shows the option to change the time of the alarm. This is perculiar because I dont think any other app will conflict with it. As you can see, the portion is blur. Could you zip tclock.exe and post it here please?

post-269812-1228296839_thumb.jpg

Edited by markkohfm

Guest conqueror
I am missing picture no. 3 which shows the option to change the time of the alarm. This is perculiar because I dont think any other app will conflict with it. As you can see, the portion is blur. Could you zip tclock.exe and post it here please?

I believe that you have to connect the device to the computer in order to synchronize the time then it will be adjusted automatically.

Just tried.

Guest markkohfm
I believe that you have to connect the device to the computer in order to synchronize the time then it will be adjusted automatically.

Just tried.

Hi Conqueror

No, i do not want to syncronise my system clock. I want to be able to set a new alarm and change the time of the alarm. Does yours work?

Guest markkohfm

After replacing the tclock.exe in the \windows folder, the problem still remains. I have tried hard resetting it and even without any apps or configuration, the same problem exist.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
After replacing the tclock.exe in the \windows folder, the problem still remains. I have tried hard resetting it and even without any apps or configuration, the same problem exist.

That's a very peculiar issue you're experiencing. Does it happen even if you set more than one alarm? And when you performed a hard reset, do you have an SDConfig.txt in your storage card to automatically install other applications?

Guest markkohfm
That's a very peculiar issue you're experiencing. Does it happen even if you set more than one alarm? And when you performed a hard reset, do you have an SDConfig.txt in your storage card to automatically install other applications?

yes, it happens for every alarm. it is the default 12 am as i am unable to change the time. and no i dun use UC so no SDConfig.txt

Guest iTnkD4iAm
yes, it happens for every alarm. it is the default 12 am as i am unable to change the time. and no i dun use UC so no SDConfig.txt

hmm. In the initial configuration, which time zone did you select? I think that's the only thing left that could possibly affect tclock since you've already performed a hard reset and experienced the same problem.

Guest markkohfm
hmm. In the initial configuration, which time zone did you select? I think that's the only thing left that could possibly affect tclock since you've already performed a hard reset and experienced the same problem.

Malaysia/Singapore

That is the default.

Guest vipwolf

I installed the latest version ech01-b08. Everything works fine so far but hitting any button in the settings tab doesnt do anything. Am I missing something?

I also got an SMS saying to install some task programm but I cant find it anywhere or is that a seperate download. If so where can I get it.

THANKS for the the realy clean rom exactly what I was looking for. If the problem with the seetings menu can be fixed I will be the happiest Omnia owner there is B)