Long Press Silent Key

Guest Zythyr

I just upgrade from BJ 1 to BJ 2. BJ 1 had a Vibrate key which you long press to change the profile to Vibrate. But BJ 2 has a Slient key whcih changes the profile to Silent. I was looking through the registry to find out how I can have BJ 2 change the profile to Vibrate when long pressing the Slient key. I couldn't find anything. Can someone please tell me how I can change the funcation of the long press Silent key so it changes the profile to Vibrate?

Edited by Zythyr

I just upgrade from BJ 1 to BJ 2. BJ 1 had a Vibrate key which you long press to change the profile to Vibrate. But BJ 2 has a Slient key whcih changes the profile to Silent. I was looking through the registry to find out how I can have BJ 2 change the profile to Vibrate when long pressing the Slient key. I couldn't find anything. Can someone please tell me how I can change the funcation of the long press Silent key so it changes the profile to Vibrate?

Or you could modify the Silent profile similar to the Vibrate profile & that would solve it.

Unless of course you use the Silent profile a lot as well. B)

Acutally, I modified the profile and it worked!!! But I am just curious, is there a way to modify the key with the registry?

I'm glad it worked for you.

Which profile did you modify?

I tried modifying the registry for the profiles back when I was using a WM2003SP device but I can't remember now.

Try Google.

Will let you know if I find something.

I'm glad it worked for you.

Which profile did you modify?

I tried modifying the registry for the profiles back when I was using a WM2003SP device but I can't remember now.

Try Google.

Will let you know if I find something.

I edited the original Silent profile and set the ring type to Vibrate. Then I just remnamed the profile.