BenQ E72 CSD Line Type Settings

Guest lapimate

Guest lapimate

BenQ E72 [smartphone] Win Mobile 6 Standard CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

I cannot find where to set "CSD Line Type Settings".

GPRS is not always available, so for access to e-mail on laptop via BT to E72, I want to be able to use CSD where necessary.

Because DUN has been removed from Win Mobile 5/6:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archiv...etooth-dun.aspx

the official method is to use BT PAN/Internet Connection Sharing and for dial-up to use

Start > System Tools > Internet Sharing > Menu > Connection Settings > Dial-up

or Settings > Connections > Dial-up [note not DUN].

The Dial-up menu for a connection allows one to specify ISP's 'phone number etc, but does not seem to offer any access to "CSD Line Type Settings", that is, where one may specify V.32/V.110, non-transparent/transparent, speed. I have been able to achieve a connection via dial-up to our ISP, but the connection is extremely fragile (unworkable mostly) and I suspect the (default) CSD Line Type Settings are not suitable.

Has access to "CSD Line Type Settings" been removed or disabled on the E72 by BenQ? Is there any other way of accessing these settings? Are they somewhere in the Registry? For example is it possible to enter the appropriate AT+CBST initialisation commands?

Werner Ruotsalainen's workaround

http://www.smartphonemag.com/cms/blogs/3/o...the_year_dial_u

may be another solution, but it involves adding unofficial software to the 'phone.

Edited by lapimate

• 4 months later...
Guest lapimate
... Is there any other way of accessing these settings? Are they somewhere in the Registry? For example is it possible to enter the appropriate AT+CBST initialisation commands? ...
For a hint of a possible workaround see GH's comment of October 21, 2007 - 4:37am in Werner Ruotsalainen's A subtle difference between WM6 and previous OS versions: