►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Guest martijn b.
I think you must have an older rom than me because i had a similar problem before where there was no way of turning the phone radio off without disabling all radios(bluetooth.wifi) but with this new rom i have installed everything is independent and i can turn the phone radio off without going into full flight mode

how can ik get the newest rom than????? i have new pc studio

i now have

pda i8000nxxil5

csc i8000xenil5

telefoon i8000xxil2

what is the newest rom??

Edited by martijn b.

Guest jh787
how can ik get the newest rom than????? i have new pc studio

i now have

pda i8000nxxil5

csc i8000xenil5

telefoon i8000xxil2

what is the newest rom??

The instructions for Rom update are here

The JD1 Phone rom is available here

I have just flashed the phone rom and flashed an ultralite PDA rom. I never did the csc or eboot as apparently this comes with risks but no real benefit

Edited by jh787

Guest jh787

That should fix any gps issues you were having on your Omnia2.

Are you still having problems?

Is it accuracy or satellite acquisition you are concerned about?

Guest SrMoure
That should fix any gps issues you were having on your Omnia2.

Are you still having problems?

Is it accuracy or satellite acquisition you are concerned about?

Accuracy. I think the problem is that it only fix 3 sats with low signal (half bar in tom tom). I have an HTC P3600 and it has better signal than the omniaII. Also when I'm driving I cannot get sat fix, even after 20 minutes.

Today I reduced bauds to 57600 and tried sitting in the middle of a park and I was able to fix 3 sats with tom tom in less than 3min. Which setting are u using for tom tom? Internal GPS or Other ?

I am using latest official ROM I8000XXJD1.

Many thanks for your help

Edited by SrMoure

Try typing in *#1472365# into your Omnia2?

Please help me wher do i type this code.

I have a omnia without a sim-card and i dont see a place where to type this.

Thanks in Advance

put it into keypad just as you would dial a phone number.

Press cancel when it tells you that you have no sim card

Thanks a lot

Guest jh787
Accuracy. I think the problem is that it only fix 3 sats with low signal (half bar in tom tom). I have an HTC P3600 and it has better signal than the omniaII. Also when I'm driving I cannot get sat fix, even after 20 minutes.

Today I reduced bauds to 57600 and tried sitting in the middle of a park and I was able to fix 3 sats with tom tom in less than 3min. Which setting are u using for tom tom? Internal GPS or Other ?

I am using latest official ROM I8000XXJD1.

Many thanks for your help

I have it on 115200 com4 and internal gps.

Can you pm/post me your reg settings for hklm\software\samsung\ril\gps and hklm\system\currentcontrolset\gps intermediate driver

Guest modasagi
**UPDATE**

For those who have used the settings in post 95 and are experiencing battery drain, i have adjusted the poll interval as i have not noticed any decrease in accuracy or acquisition time by leaving it at the default setting of 1000ms.

The post has been updated with new setting and registry settings have been re-uploaded.

Feedback would be appreciated.

which poll interval did u revert to?

Guest ´Sephi. :/

Hello

I see a lot of settings but i dont know if it is for the i900 or i8000.

So, what is correct settings for the i900 to run TT7 correctly.

What choice do I do in tt7. Integrated GPS or other GPS receiver with a port?

Is that with these settings, the battery take a big shot?

Thank you in advance for your help, and i'm sorry for my bad english, but i speak french :)

´Sephi. :/

Guest jh787
Hello

I see a lot of settings but i dont know if it is for the i900 or i8000.

So, what is correct settings for the i900 to run TT7 correctly.

What choice do I do in tt7. Integrated GPS or other GPS receiver with a port?

Is that with these settings, the battery take a big shot?

Thank you in advance for your help, and i'm sorry for my bad english, but i speak french :)

´Sephi. :/

Refer to post 1 here for omnia i900

Edited by jh787

Guest ´Sephi. :/
Refer to post 1 here for omnia i900

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do the settings in post 1 and no success. After 20 minutes, still no fix and no sat :)

Guest shmuckler
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do the settings in post 1 and no success. After 20 minutes, still no fix and no sat :)

i must concur, i did everything written above (post 95), still no gps lock. will be giving the phone back next week...

Guest MaxHoga

Can anybody help me with my question: why I can't open COM9 by any GPS program (for example iGO8) directly, by set in settings COM9 and speed 4800 or 33600? Or by mobilterm, simply open COM9 with some speed? Mobilterm open port, but nothing receive. And this all after I disconnct COM9 from GPS setting in system settings. In case, if I connect in system GPS settings COM9 with speed 4800 (or some faster) and prog port COM7 and "allow Windows management...", AND open COM7 by mobilterm all works: I see input in NMEA 0183 with prefix $GP. Why I cant see same while open COM9 by mobilterm?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eugene Chan
00001036_qfwh116030200979175418-091109163059.jpg

Hello there fellas.

I was watching from distance, trying your settings and etc.

I have Samsung GT-I8000,

stock settings (port 7 for applications and Baud rate 9600 i think) did not work at all (well ok sometimes it did...)

Thanks to you I got now WORKING GPS, and this is what i did:

1. I downloaded your 2 Registry Settings CABs and installed them into the registry.

2. I started *#1472365# (NogarderGPS version 1.0) and entered your preferred settings, but they did not work, dont know why...

so after few tries my WORKING values are (Menu>Settings>QOS):

Horizontal accuracy in

Vertical accuraci in

Response time in

QOP

Max location

*after changing i did Soft reset

also my GPS Settings are set like this (Menu>Settings>GPS):

Operation

-Standalone

Starting

-Hot start

Session

-Navigation

3. XTRA

Omnia>setting>general settings>GPS>XTRA (im guessing i do not have ENG OS)

-Enable all

-download XTRA data

4. Registry files did set my GPS connections settings (Omnia>Settings>General settings>GPS>Connection) like this:

Port for applications: COM4

Hardware Port: COM9

Baud rate: 57600

and Enable that last thing: Manage devices GPS automatically)

In your GPS applications ALLOW Windows to manage their GPS settings

SO, with these settings i have working Google Maps GPS location - accuracy is about 2-3 meters (oh my god hes from Europe?!?! 8) and Igo8 navigation.

Any suggestions about accuracy settings? - Bacause when i try to lower Horizontal and Vertical accuracy it does not work...don't know why though.

So i hope i helped someone as you jh787 and you guys helped me.

I followed these steps, but when i turn my Garmin on, it freezes and I will nid to shut my omnia off in order to reset it. but still, the garmin freezes all the time if only I uninstall the Registry settings. Any help? :rolleyes:

Guest jh787
I followed these steps, but when i turn my Garmin on, it freezes and I will nid to shut my omnia off in order to reset it. but still, the garmin freezes all the time if only I uninstall the Registry settings. Any help? :rolleyes:

Some users have reported success with Garmin using these settings but changing the sleeponnodata to 5 or above instead of 0.

Guest Eugene Chan
Some users have reported success with Garmin using these settings but changing the sleeponnodata to 5 or above instead of 0.

Do u hav the link for the exact settings for garmin.. i wud be greatly appreciate. :D

------Update-------

It now runs when i set the sleeponnodata to 100, but no signal after waiting more than 10 mins? Wats the prob? Can anyone post their garmin settings? :rolleyes:

Edited by Eugene Chan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flopyro
Good evening (in Europe anyway :( everybody

I did some field testing with my Samsung i8000 (on an actual field :(

th_SNC00229.jpg

As you can see in screens bellow i tried 6 different settings and wrote down data given by 3 different apps.

What is what in excel screen:

a, b, c, d, e, f - each presents one test with different setting in Nogarder ( *#1472365# )

sats: bla | bla - means satellites in view and satellites tracked (connected)

HDOP - The horizontal dilution of precision

VDOP - Vertical Dilution Of Precision

PDOP - Positional Dilution OF Precision

TTFF - Time To First Fix response time

me before:

th_SNC00232.jpg

raw data - a mess:

th_SNC00237.jpg

data in excel:

GPSn1.jpg

Conclusion:

Next time I need different complex application - DOES anyone know about one that does good diagnostics?

Good night yall

vortexcz

Thanks for the INFO

The settings "D" worked for me like a charm ! ( Nogarder-> 7/10 sats, 17-37db, in IGO 2 sec. fix time. perfect for me !)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AndreStarTrek

I dont know why but I had changed my settings and had a great fix, most of the time 8 fixes but than out of the blue no sat bars at al in tomtom. I have no idea why that is, tryed som setting back to orignel but wont help. Anyone know what happend? It is like the GPS hardware is turnt off.

Edited by AndreStarTrek

Guest AndreStarTrek
I dont know why but I had changed my settings and had a great fix, most of the time 8 fixes but than out of the blue no sat bars at al in tomtom. I have no idea why that is, tryed som setting back to orignel but wont help. Anyone know what happend? It is like the GPS hardware is turnt off.

Any One?

I got a omnia qwerty by de way.

Guest chopperthedog
Any One?

I got a omnia qwerty by de way.

In settings/phone/services tab/GPS is it set to location "on"

It's how the omnia is in the states. Sometimes mine switches off. hope it helps.

good day

Guest AndreStarTrek
In settings/phone/services tab/GPS is it set to location "on"

It's how the omnia is in the states. Sometimes mine switches off. hope it helps.

good day

Sorry for the late reply been busy and it was to hot in the house to care about this. Anyway I dont have this option, i have for the time being installed gpsmoddriver and that did the trick. But i still like to know how I could fix it with out gpsmoddriver, because it work as a charm at the begining.

Edited by AndreStarTrek