►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Guest urphonesux

thanks so much i never even knew about this until today and now im almost always getting consistent locks without running any other app

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vortexcz
Thanks for the INFO

The settings "D" worked for me like a charm ! ( Nogarder-> 7/10 sats, 17-37db, in IGO 2 sec. fix time. perfect for me !)

Hey man, glad I could help atleast now I know I wasn't in that cold walking in dirt on field for nothing :angry:

Guest aranela
Hey man, glad I could help atleast now I know I wasn't in that cold walking in dirt on field for nothing :(

vortexcz :you are the man !!! after a lot of time wasting adjusting .finally found your survey .i use the C settings and get 10/10

nogarder as wel in beeline with the right accuracy. :(

phone = i8000xxjd1 .i use mc guider,tomtom,igo. but igo still my favorite

keep up the good work.

Guest Mateas
Latest up dates; (works fine with TomTom on i900 omnia) - NB: Please back up your original registry settings before try this

1. Make sure Omnia's External GPS settings as on defaults;

- GPS program port = COM3

- GPS Hardware port = COM9 and Bud rate = 4800

- Manage GPS Automatically

2. Extra data injection through Enhanced GPS

3. Here are registry editings

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\RetryWaitOnError: set from 1000 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Accuracy set from 19 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\QOPDelay set from 12 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\RefreshRate set to 1 (default)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\VAccuracy set from 0 to 1

4. Soft reset

5. Get GPS fixed within quick 30 -90 seconds, even after soft re-set! :( I just done a test drive; GPS flow is continuous.

Once again it is reminded you to back up your original registry settings before try this.

Finally DO NOT forget to post your feed back please as we need to improve it further!! :P

Thanks

J.

:(

Thank You very much! I am so happy now. It works so fast! And without XTRA which I cant use because my employer disabled GPRS.

Good luck!

Guest robi62

QUOTE(Junoman @ Apr 8 2010, 13:41)

Latest up dates; (works fine with TomTom on i900 omnia) - NB: Please back up your original registry settings before try this

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\RetryWaitOnError: set from 1000 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

4. Soft reset

5. Get GPS fixed within quick 30 -90 seconds, even after soft re-set! I just done a test drive; GPS flow is continuous.

Once again it is reminded you to back up your original registry settings before try this.

Finally DO NOT forget to post your feed back please as we need to improve it further!!

Thanks

J.

what about log files not needed any more???

I had it working once and now cannot get it to work...... :(

Guest CoolHandPuke

ok have performed the reg fix and nogarder fixes to satellites lovely. however tim tom still sits with a load of sats on zero strength.

setting = other nmea/baud 4800/com port 3.

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest drrkgupta
Mime I8000 can't download Xtra data with Wifi on. Opera work well on wifi . Dont known why.

Use this GPS Xtra in place of the original GPS Xtra. You have to overwrite the original file in the windows folder. This enables to use wifi also. The new settings seem good. Will have to try for a day or two .

GPS_XTRA.exe

Edited by drrkgupta

Guest HAL_9000

This tweak improve only signal in TomTom? Because I'm using iGO Primo and after install and reset device, GPS has weaker signal compared to before...

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

Before I start trying to mess with registry to get GPS to work, I need to understand something basic... I have a data services block, so I will not incur any data charges... I only use wifi when available.

1) Is it possible to get GPS to work without a Data subscription and without being in a wifi location?

2) Sounds like iGo and tomtom are the best gps software, everyone agree?

... i know, i'm cheap... but really like my $32/month no-data plan. Cheers!

i8000l

was locked to bell, now working on Telus

JG5 pure rom by Sh.a.rk/Rapid combined with SPB Shell, and Mobile Shell Manager - Loving it! Just needa get GPS working :huh:

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest niknabster

Can confirm working with below settings even in doors on my Omnia i900 with OCk's Premium Rom build 23129 using Tomtom 7.910 many thanks.

QUOTE(Junoman @ Apr 8 2010, 13:41)

4. Soft reset

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

Is it possible to get GPS to work without a Data subscription and without being in a wifi location?

- figured it out, answer = yes!

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

thanks, does anyone know where to download nogarder gps? will Juno's gps instructions work for the i8000? I have TomTom installed but still can not get GPS going...

Guest GUCCI OMNIA
Nogarder isn't on web. But its already in every ROMs for i900 and i8000. Just type to phone dialler this: *#1472365#.

And Nogarder will appear.

*#1472365# doesn't work in sh.a.rk's jh2 rom unfourtunatly... i ended up getting iGO to work (program port com4, hardware port com9, baud rate 115200) and am able to drive/walk/bike and it will stay with my position fairly accuratly

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest mastawindu

4. Soft reset

5. Get GPS fixed within quick 30 -90 seconds, even after soft re-set! :P I just done a test drive; GPS flow is continuous.

Finally DO NOT forget to post your feed back please as we need to improve it further!! :)

Thanks

J.

Doesn't work for me.

i900 Ock Sept. 01 GTX rom

TomTom 7.450

HELP please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest thinakaran

can anyone HELP:???

theres no GPS singnal on my phone.. nothing at all.

It was working well 2 days ago, but flat signal since last night.

no GPS reception at all on my Garmin.

owh... anyone with any solution?

Pls..........

*just hope its temporary coz of the rain.. which is very unlikely... sigh...

Edited by thinakaran

Guest monteiro-ribas
can anyone HELP:???

theres no GPS singnal on my phone.. nothing at all.

It was working well 2 days ago, but flat signal since last night.

no GPS reception at all on my Garmin.

owh... anyone with any solution?

Pls..........

*just hope its temporary coz of the rain.. which is very unlikely... sigh...

format phone