Official Windows Mobile 6.1 POP and IMAP Send Mail Patch Released

Guest awarner

Guest awarner (MVP)

As previously reported back in October TracyAndMatt.co.uk created a fix for the WM6.1 SMTP issue that causes your device to stop sending messages until you removed and reconfigured the mail account.

Now Microsoft have released an patch to cure this problem including a description of what was actually causing the bug.

Overview

This behavior is associated with a feature that is introduced in Windows Mobile 6.1. The feature allows for mobile operators to specify an alternate SMTP server name that is used if e-mail messages cannot be sent by using the user-specified SMTP server name. If the mobile operator does not specify an alternate SMTP server name and if the Windows Mobile 6.1-based device does not connect, the e-mail account is corrupted and cannot send e-mail messages.

To download the patch visit the Microsoft download center HERE

Guest LSmith4285

This is a slightly off topic post but isn't this type of update the kind of stuff we'd expect Microsoft to be feeding us down the "Windows Update" program on the device? I just did a manual check in hope it would be there but no new updates.

Has anyone ever seen anything come down through the Windows Update?

Does anyone know if this will also fix the bug where when you delete emails off the phone, they do not delete off the server (even if settings are set for this).... and actually continue to be redownloaded to the phone.

Guest Rickardo
I seem to have this problem in 6.0 - is there an equivalent fix?

I also have Windows Mobile 6.0 (on a v1415) and have this problem - I did install the Tracey and Matt fix which seemed to work when I tested it the other week, but now no longer appears to and this Windows official does not install on Windows Mobile 6.0. Anyone any ideas?

- just tried at home and it my SMTP email has sent, so must have been my work blocking it (was connected via USB for internet pass-through). Give the TraceyandMatt fix a try.

Edited by Rickardo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.