C600 + W5 = broken keyboard

Guest Sebe

Hello. I've got a problem. I wanted to clean my C600 yesterday. I disassemblied whole phone excluding keyboard, because I didn't have that small screwdrivers. I sprayed some W5 ('Universal Silicone-Oil') to the space which appeared after pushing the joystick (I applied spray behind that small 'rectangle' which joystick is attached to). I sprayed it's outside too. I reassemblied phone, and then started to test it. Joystick was working as good as never before, but keyboard and almost all hotkeys (excluding side ones and power) wasn't responding to anything. I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to take the phone to repair service. Or maybe, are there any ways to repair it at home?

PS Sorry if you can't understand my english completely, I'm a foreigner.

Edited by Sebe

Guest awarner (MVP)

Sounds like the oil residue left after the cleaning that is causing the problem you are having.

Personally I would not have used any form of oil for cleaning, compressed air would have been better.

You may have to strip the phone down and find a chemical solution to remove the oil residue.

Sounds like the oil residue left after the cleaning that is causing the problem you are having.

Personally I would not have used any form of oil for cleaning, compressed air would have been better.

You may have to strip the phone down and find a chemical solution to remove the oil residue.

It seems you're right. I thought it's that kind of spray that evaporates. My bad. I think I'll try taking phone to the service, because I'm not sure if I'll find an answer. If anyone knows anything post it please.