Text/Calling to the Netherlands?

Guest coalass

Guest coalass

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My girlfriend lives in amsterdam and im in london. I'm currently on o2 and its costing me a bomb to text/ring her, i do have the £5 package add on from o2 but doesnt help much....bills are still £120 a month and its killing me.

I've heard about t-mobile flext, wud the allow me to use all the inclusive minutes/text (if i went for £75 flext package a month) to text/ring to the netherlands. If not has anyone got any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many Thanks

Matt

Guest Confucious

International calls / texts don't come out of your Flext Allowance - sorry.

They do have an add on £20 for 200 mins - not sure about texts though.

It might be worth giving all of the phone companies a ring and seeing what they offer - I'm sure you are not the only one in this situation but I can't find much info!

Good luck.

Let us know how you get on.

Guest Dark Horse

Hi Matt,

The cheapest tariff to send international SMS that I know of is on O2 PAYG for 10p per text, either on their Your Country package or the standard PAYG tariff with the International Caller option that costs a one off £4.99 (I have the latter).

You can also send international texts for free or at least cheaper if you use any of the various SMS websites floating around. However, I avoid them as they require too much personal information.

Much better than SMS is to get yourselves a couple of VOIP phones to call each other for free (see my post at http://www.mobiholics.com/content/the-loun...c-voip-service/) or use a call through number like 0844 2007575 to call the Netherlands for 0.5p per min. At that rate, you could talk for 20 mins for the same price as sending a 10p SMS!

Regards,

Dark Horse