English ROM on Hong Kong i908

Guest 28208

hello,

i've recently brought i908 in hong kong, didnt realize it was all in traditional chiness. is it possible to convert into english but still be able to view and type chinese characters?

thank you B)

hello,

i've recently brought i908 in hong kong, didnt realize it was all in traditional chiness. is it possible to convert into english but still be able to view and type chinese characters?

thank you B)

If you search around you can probably find an I908 English ROM here and chinese input SIP.

I think that I900 ROMS will work as well.

Guest pdaphonemaster
If you search around you can probably find an I908 English ROM here and chinese input SIP.

I think that I900 ROMS will work as well.

No. Search the forum and you will find people reporing incompatibility between 900 and 908. There is a hardware difference and flashing 900 rom on 908 will not be successful at best or brick you expensive phone at worst.

Don't try 900 rom. No 908 rom is avaiable so far.

I flashed a I908 Rom unto my I900 and it worked fine. However, in order to flash back to an I900 ROM I needed to go indirectly (I think I did DXHI1 and then DXHI3 or something like that, going straight to DXHI3 failed)

I think that if you search this forum you will find an enlish I908 ROM.

Guest cleusewitz

I908 different with I908E

as long as got front camera , mean not I908E from China

p / s : so far i only know omnia from china ( I908E ) got total different hardware with others , may be there are other but i don't know

Edited by cleusewitz

I flashed a I908 Rom unto my I900 and it worked fine. However, in order to flash back to an I900 ROM I needed to go indirectly (I think I did DXHI1 and then DXHI3 or something like that, going straight to DXHI3 failed)

I think that if you search this forum you will find an enlish I908 ROM.

hi there, I am having a similar situation. My i900 comes with traditional chinese ROM: I908ZHHG8, and I would like to flash it to eng version with chinese sip, should I needed to go indirectly too?

thanks. B)

• 2 months later...

I have an omnia i908 that I bought in Taiwan, I also want to change from Chinese to english, I'm afraid of flashing the i900 rom too. Anyone find a i908 English Rom?

In case anyone is interested. I just flashed my Taiwan bought i908 chinese version to i908 English version and was successful on the 3rd try!

1)tried official singapore- got incorrect version screen

2)Tried i908zhhh1_Eng after changing my preconfig to HongKong

-rom downloaded fine, but when windows boot up, showed it was a beta version and wouldn't let me do anything (I freaked!)

3)Tried i908zhhh2_eng- downloaded in about 4 minutes. Everything works fine............so far.

Any questions, let me know

Isn't HH2 a very old version with poor battery performance?

is it possible to flash with i900 firmware?

In my experience: flash with i900DZHG3 first ... then with any ROM you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest janice45
In my experience: flash with i900DZHG3 first ... then with any ROM you want.

If you flashed with the i900dxhg3 which rom would you go to from here??

I tryed the newest and got the wrong verion message .I'm already in singapor for a setting . and my phone part reads

i908 zhhh2 and Pda -i900dxhg3 Anyone have this on their phone??

When I got the phone I was told that it was flashed for only english so I'm not sure what was done to it .

Guest ronin852

Guys hope you can help, I have a i908 seems to be a lot of things missing my sim wont work I cant find the connections regarding active sync, HSDPA options etc. Before I try and wipe it clean and try reloading it with english rom etc. I need to know what version I have I have tried looking where others have found it but I dont have the connections tabs to get there. Any Ideas Please

ronin