M2D03 First Impression

Guest Indevor

Guest Indevor

First of all, I would like to thank PaSSoA for his great work. The flashing process was very smooth, no errors at all using my XP machine. And here is my first impressions after two days of using this great ROM.

1- The speed is like Ferrari F430 and hopefully the next ROM will be as fast as F430 spiderĀ  B) .

2- Battery life is excellent, 70% remaining after 12hrs of heavy usage, wifi, GPRS, calling, weather update etc.

3- The GPS signal is amazing comparing to my old HJ1. I'm using iGO v.8.

4- Opera performs excellent, the load time is 20% faster.

5- The M2D configuration is awesome.

Again Thank you PaSSoA

Guest Barthlon
First of all, I would like to thank PaSSoA for his great work. The flashing process was very smooth, no errors at all using my XP machine. And here is my first impressions after two days of using this great ROM.

1- The speed is like Ferrari F430 and hopefully the next ROM will be as fast as F430 spider B) .

2- Battery life is excellent, 70% remaining after 12hrs of heavy usage, wifi, GPRS, calling, weather update etc.

3- The GPS signal is amazing comparing to my old HJ1. I'm using iGO v.8.

4- Opera performs excellent, the load time is 20% faster.

5- The M2D configuration is awesome.

Again Thank you PaSSoA

i think passao is happy with your comments and feedback is always wanted, but you're kind of smuttering the forum with this post. it could also be placed in the appropriate thread.

B)

Guest Indevor
i think passao is happy with your comments and feedback is always wanted, but you're kind of smuttering the forum with this post. it could also be placed in the appropriate thread.

B)

Maybe because am so happy with my new ROM.. <_<

Guest Motofone

B)

Hmmmm Heading of thread is "i900 Omnia ROM Discussion"..............

Always good to hear how Rom's are performing, gives us an idea whether to download or not.

B)

Edited by Motofone

Guest Motofone

OK I have just upgraded from Paul 01 to 03

Now here is the problem...

I really can't tell what this upgrade has provided...ok it is HJ5 up to HJ9 but I have no idea what improvements I have gained..

It seems that we are just running these upgrades for the sake of it, there are no reports of what these releases have improved.

I feel there is a little more improvement with screen sensitivity but apart from that there does not appear to any real benefits from this upgrade.

Which by the way is quite a process, what with all the reinstalling and setting up you must agree.

Unfortunately the OEM roms are now just available for cooking or donate donor's to evaluate so we are not getting any feed back on the progress of the roms.

A good evaluation of the upcoming roms would be most benificial to all the good people of this forum.

So please keep posting all your findings of the new roms....

Edited by Motofone

Guest bobobird
Unfortunately the OEM roms are now just available for cooking or donate donor's to evaluate so we are not getting any feed back on the progress of the roms.

A good evaluation of the upcoming roms would be most benificial to all the good people of this forum.

What is all that high sounding stuff all over this forum about NO WAREZ or NO ILLEGAL SOFTWARE??

How is selling free ROMs (oh yes, conveniently called donation) any different? Actually, it is worse, at least people who provide warez do it without asking for donations.

And look at what the secany thread has degenerated into.

Edited by bobobird

Guest adolfotregosa
What is all that high sounding stuff all over this forum about NO WAREZ or NO ILLEGAL SOFTWARE??

How is selling free ROMs (oh yes, conveniently called donation) any different? Actually, it is worse, at least people who provide warez do it without asking for donations.

My position - between getting an early edition to test and getting an official release - I will wait for the official release. Imagine what would happen if all beta software had to be paid for???

Paul - you started this with your rom, perhaps not the way to go...

yeah right, you can keep your hj1 official rom, i'll keep the latest version anytime because i do see improvements like, e.g. not having any problem while streaming music with a2dp and using garmin or igo8 without sound skips or using touchplayer without stops when your screen goes off or a faster transition between portait and landscape...

But hey it's your call, but pointing a finger at what secany is doing is wrong, he can provide YOU a better rom... he just asks for "money", ok , so what ?? i'm shure that if you like "smt really bad" that you would pay or donate, whatever.... to get it sooner..

If you complain about the "donate" why don't you make the roms yourself ?? if you just stop and looked at what you have to do to modify a rom you would have not said anything like that.

Again , this is just my opinion BECAUSE i respect yours, i just do not have to agree with it

EDIT - Now I'm really happy that i've quoted your original reply...

Edited by adolfotregosa

Guest bobobird
yeah right, you can keep your hj1 official rom, i'll keep the latest version anytime because i do see improvements like, e.g. not having any problem while streaming music with a2dp and using garmin or igo8 without sound skips or using touchplayer without stops when your screen goes off or a faster transition between portait and landscape...

But hey it's your call, but pointing a finger at what secany is doing is wrong, he can provide YOU a better rom... he just asks for "money", ok , so what ?? i'm shure that if you like "smt really bad" that you would pay or donate, whatever.... to get it sooner..

If you complain about the "donate" why don't you make the roms yourself ?? if you just stop and looked at what you have to do to modify a rom you would have not said anything like that.

Again , this is just my opinion BECAUSE i respect yours, i just do not have to agree with it

EDIT - Now I'm really happy that i've quoted your original reply...

Quote what u want - perhaps better you did catch the unedited version.

And its not the money my friend, it is the principle of the whole thing.

Passoa went way out of his way to do his, so did Paul and Dr. Dot, personal hobbies which they liked to share the results of. Then someone reckons that he might as well get donations for his work, similar to loads of stuff over at XDA. Fine too! BUT do any of them make donations a pre-condition - of course not. You dont seem able to see the subtle difference...

And yes you paid to see whatever improvements you seem to be getting. But is the offical release entirely useless ?? It works fine apart from the niggling this and that - but then every phone I have had has never been perfect. And by the time perfection rolls round, the phone has already been superceded by the next wonder phone...

Edit : Just 1 small thing - who actually legally owns these "un-customised (for sale) roms" ??

Edited by bobobird

Guest Indevor
Hmmmm Heading of thread is "i900 Omnia ROM Discussion"..............

Always good to hear how Rom's are performing, gives us an idea whether to download or not.

B)

GO 4 IT

Guest ferrari85
Quote what u want - perhaps better you did catch the unedited version.

And its not the money my friend, it is the principle of the whole thing.

Passoa went way out of his way to do his, so did Paul and Dr. Dot, personal hobbies which they liked to share the results of. Then someone reckons that he might as well get donations for his work, similar to loads of stuff over at XDA. Fine too! BUT do any of them make donations a pre-condition - of course not. You dont seem able to see the subtle difference...

And yes you paid to see whatever improvements you seem to be getting. But is the offical release entirely useless ?? It works fine apart from the niggling this and that - but then every phone I have had has never been perfect. And by the time perfection rolls round, the phone has already been superceded by the next wonder phone...

Edit : Just 1 small thing - who actually legally owns these "un-customised (for sale) roms" ??

Donating is not a pre-condition for getting the roms from secany. All he is doing now is sending them to people who donates first, and releasing it slightly later for the rest.

When we were having bugs and problems earlier on, it was secany who helped us, so be grateful, at least most of us are grateful to him anyways. If he had really wanted, he could have ask for money right there and then imo.

Guest Motofone

Whoa guys,

I did not want to start a war here.

secany is doing a fine job and as said before he has brought immense pleasure to many Omnia owners.......

The donation issue is one which can be debated I suppose......

When you are actually supplying something after receiving a donation it is questionable as to whether or not you are actually selling something.

But to supply something to someone and then let them make a donation after evaluation is a different matter.

Now the fact that people are making donations so that they can receive something after payment does bring the use of the term donation into question.

Surely that is then a purchase and not a donation!

Perhaps something for the moderators to settle.......

Anyway I just posted to see if we can get more information on the roms before they are cooked as once they are cooked there has to be some doubt as to what OEM improvements / upgrades actually come through the rom.

Cheers.... B)

Edited by Motofone

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e

It's still a donation he asks, not a fixed price. Anyway way, how many people actually donate when someone posts something he spend alot of time on ... not many.

He doesn't owe us or anyone anything, he can just as well post nothing here on this forum. He spends time on the roms and he wants a donation for it. And to the people moaning, what is your contribution to the community? You want it fast, give a donation, you don't want to give a donation then don't expect anything.

Edited by X-t-r-e-m-e

Guest adolfotregosa
It's still a donation he asks, not a fixed price. Anyway way, how many people actually donate when someone posts something he spend alot of time on ... not many.

He doesn't owe us or anyone anything, he can just as well post nothing here on this forum. He spends time on the roms and he wants a donation for it. And to the people moaning, what is your contribution to the community? You want it fast, give a donation, you don't want to give a donation then don't expect anything.

that was my point but it seams that my english is very bad...

I don't mind giving some money to someone for its time, and on many cases the person has problems he has to fix for me or you or anybody else so i can have what makes me happy sooner.

That's the point of donating for me.

Edited by adolfotregosa

Guest juvaknin
the GPS is not working for me.... IGO8 can't find it.. anyone know what is the problem?

workinggggggggg i was on flight mode stuipd me! B)

but how i can make on this ROM Slide lock on the main screen??

I cant see the problem with secany selling the ROMs, no one is forced to buy them, everyone has a choice, itā€™s just some people do things for free and others like something for their time and work, but I do think that people who bought them should post what they think of these new ROMs, come on donā€™t be so lazy. B)

Ok sorry to hijack your post but i have to say something about this nonsense....

Paying for ROMs:

People can freely choose to donate or not. It doesn't matter when secany posts new roms, you can be glad that he posts them at all. So people who get them a week in advance can help us with posting bugs. And i realy don't think that you're in such a hurry and that it makes such a difference.

Donations:

I personaly donated some money to PaSSoA and i have to admit that i'm not the richest person around.

And i have to say that I never donate (this was my first time) and I don't use his roms.

Yes i donated and i never even installed his rom. But i like the way he is progressing so i decided to give him some incentive.

And that's the point of donations. I admit that he also gives us some of his beta software in advance (one so far) but as you can see that didn't make me donate (i didn't install the software because i like tested apps on my phone).

So donation isn't a must if you're patient.

And i apologise for my hijacking again.

well, if u dont like what we are doing here, u can just leave. plz dont judge people like that, thats rude. besides, have u ever posted anything like this over any other forums before? such as www.kingmobile.net? are you sure that all the stuffs over that website are clearly legal and not "stealing" from here???? we are happy for what we are doing here, thats why we stick around.

Guest Massive Attack

after reading about this donation thing (here and on the "research" thread), it somehow kills my enthusiasm about early released rom and custom rom. why? because if this "better service for those who donates" spreads here like a fire, those of us who cant donate or doesnt donate will be swept to the sideline and just watch you guys who are privileged. so right now, while its still early, ill just go with the official rom from samsung website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Guest GodsGift
after reading about this donation thing (here and on the "research" thread), it somehow kills my enthusiasm about early released rom and custom rom. why? because if this "better service for those who donates" spreads here like a fire, those of us who cant donate or doesnt donate will be swept to the sideline and just watch you guys who are privileged. so right now, while its still early, ill just go with the official rom from samsung website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Please tell me you are having a larf! jeez louise take a chill pill

These guys amend and fix existing samsung roms for us to improve our phones and release something to people who are willing to contribute and you beeatch about it!

GG

if this "better service for those who donates" spreads here like a fire, those of us who can't donate or doesn't donate will be swept to the sideline and just watch you guys who are privileged.

I don't understand your ranting because they still release new roms. The only difference is that those roms are published a week later. So can't you just wait that one week?

Guest thenettiger

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty much lost in all these informations and firmwares, i've been reading a but load of thread and so far nothing answers my questions...

I just bought an Omnia which is vodafone with firmware PDA: i900xxhh1/JBHH1 and PHONE: i900BUHH1.

I have no idea what all this is and i'm a hardcore newbie in terms of windows mobile but i am a computer engineer and i'm sure i'd be able to flash this thing if i only knew how to do it...

So please can anyone help me with this? i'm like trying to find out how to flash my phone and put this M2D03 but i'm also scared i'm going to brick my brand new phone so if anyone can point me in the right directions with the answers to my question: "WILL I BRICK MY PHONE BECAUSE IT'S VODAFONE South Africa?" please tell me...

Also please guys, help me find like a proper tutorial kinda thread of something to installt his M2D03 on my phone...

And also i'm confused because the thing i downloaded was the M2D03FIX and i'm seriously worried guys, so pretty please help a fella in need...

Thanks in advance!

Guest Indevor
well, if u dont like what we are doing here, u can just leave. plz dont judge people like that, thats rude. besides, have u ever posted anything like this over any other forums before? such as www.kingmobile.net? are you sure that all the stuffs over that website are clearly legal and not "stealing" from here???? we are happy for what we are doing here, thats why we stick around.

Well said Lancez...Love it or leave it.