Question? Anyone else have this?

Guest FatBoyFun

Guest FatBoyFun

Why O Why does my diamond wake up at 23:59 every night? There's no alerts, notifications, alarms or reminders, it just lights up for a minute, then goes back to sleep, it doesn't matter whether it's on charge or not.

I only noticed it the other day, i haven't installed anything for a while.

It's starting to irritate me now. B)

Anyone have any idea?

Stock Orange UK ROM, No flashing of any kind.

S2U2

G-Alarm

TomTom 6

Diamond tweak

Microsoft .NET CF3.5

Plus some other small apps/games

Guest estechco
G-Alarm

Given that you've mentioned it, have you tried removing G-Alarm? It's not one I've heard of, but it sounds the most obvious one to be mis-behaving

In situations like this I (more with my PC, granted) try to think back to anything that changed around the time the symptoms started and then try to eliminate them first from suspicion.

Besides that, I think I recall seeing a similar post on this forum about random wake-ups. Try searching for that?

Guest FatBoyFun

Tried uninstalling G-Alarm, It still does it, I've never set an alarm for 23:59 and as far as i know that's the only time it wakes up.

Methinks a hard reset is coming B)

Guest Neil5459
Tried uninstalling G-Alarm, It still does it, I've never set an alarm for 23:59 and as far as i know that's the only time it wakes up.

Methinks a hard reset is coming B)

Do you have the phone radio/GPRS connection turned off at night? It may be that QuickGPS is trying to download fresh data at midnight, but failing if there is no data connection. Try going into QuickGPS and disabling the auto download, and auto-notification options.

In fact, all WM and PPC devices do 'wake' to a suspend state every day at midnight, when the clocks/alarms/timers are resynced, but usually the screen remains off while this happens.

Another alternative may be to download a trial version of SKKV S K Tools, and check the Notification Queue for rogue entries. With the trial version you can only remove 6 items at a time, but you can do this if necessary, then close/reopen the program and do another 6.

Guest FatBoyFun
Do you have the phone radio/GPRS connection turned off at night? It may be that QuickGPS is trying to download fresh data at midnight, but failing if there is no data connection. Try going into QuickGPS and disabling the auto download, and auto-notification options.

In fact, all WM and PPC devices do 'wake' to a suspend state every day at midnight, when the clocks/alarms/timers are resynced, but usually the screen remains off while this happens.

Another alternative may be to download a trial version of SKKV S K Tools, and check the Notification Queue for rogue entries. With the trial version you can only remove 6 items at a time, but you can do this if necessary, then close/reopen the program and do another 6.

It's not Quick GPS as i make sure auto download is disabled, (Damn Orange and their crap data plans. B) )

I might try the notification queue one, as i haven't hard reset it yet, because basically, i can't be assed to. lol

Thanks everyone B)

Guest Neil5459
It's not Quick GPS as i make sure auto download is disabled, (Damn Orange and their crap data plans. B) )

QuickGPS uses a tiny amount of data- just a few KB per week, so the data plan shouldn't be an issue as long as you have some data included!

Guest FatBoyFun
QuickGPS uses a tiny amount of data- just a few KB per week, so the data plan shouldn't be an issue as long as you have some data included!

I normally update it over wifi or Activesync.

Orange have screwed me so many times with data that i rarely use it anymore... B)