ROM chefs: IE6 on 6 package

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Some of you may know i've toasted my Omnia, doh, so I can't release new ROMs at the moment.

In the spirit of the community though, I have extracted SYS packages from the IE 6 on 6 emulator builds for use on the Omnia. ROM chefs: Include the packages below in the SYS portion (replacing the existing browser packages) to get Flash Lite 3.1 and IE 6.

Enjoy! B)

P

6on6.WQVGA.package.zip

I'm just uploading a ROM for some brave person to test that THEORETICALLY was IE6 in it... should be online in about 15 mins...

P

Haven't really looked into it, but after a quick cook of the new files replacing the old, PIE doesn't open. Will probably try it again tomorrow... just wondering Paul, is this from the Standard or Professional emulator.

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest Paul (MVP)

This is from the Pro WQVGA emulator!

OK, so there's a good chance on this ROM i'm uploading PIE won't open either! Bah! Not having the device is a real pain!

P

Guest iTnkD4iAm

Thank you very much, Paul for the IE6 and Adobe Flash Lite packages B) I finally got around to doing a quick test using DXHJ1 -- I want to enjoy using the phone and not enjoy flashing it hehehehe:

pie6wv8.gif

Tried youtube (desktop version) but it didn't display the video nor the player but I did remove a few files so I guess that means some or all of them are required for embedding flash content.

Update: Just thought I'd compare the about:version w/ the one from the ROM and they appear to be the same. So it's either a provxml or rgu is making them appear the same or they are the same except for the extra files that's included in Paul's package -- also checked my kitchen and I'm sure that I used Paul's package instead of the samsung PIE package.

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest onlinejobwork
Thank you very much, Paul for the IE6 and Adobe Flash Lite packages B) I finally got around to doing a quick test using DXHJ1 -- I want to enjoy using the phone and not enjoy flashing it hehehehe:

pie6wv8.gif

Tried youtube (desktop version) but it didn't display the video nor the player but I did remove a few files so I guess that means some or all of them are required for embedding flash content.

Update: Just thought I'd compare the about:version w/ the one from the ROM and they appear to be the same. So it's either a provxml or rgu is making them appear the same or they are the same except for the extra files that's included in Paul's package -- also checked my kitchen and I'm sure that I used Paul's package instead of the samsung PIE package.

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO INSTALL THIS

THANKS

AAAKASH