Do I have the new UK ROM?

Guest nLinked

Guest nLinked

My Omnia came back from the Samsung Repair Centre and it is now on the i900XXHJ4 ROM. I think this means UK October 2008 version 4 according to the codes?

Is this supposed to be the new UK version that has yet to be released?

Any more information on XXHJ4?

EDIT: My repair form says it has had a software upgrade, motherboard replacement and a cp filter replacement (whatever that is?).

EDIT 2: OFFICIAL UK ROM HAS BEEN RELEASED! SEE POST #8.

Edited by nLinked

My Omnia came back from the Samsung Repair Centre and it is now on the i900XXHJ4 ROM. I think this means UK October 2008 version 4 according to the codes?

EDIT: My repair form says it has had a software upgrade, motherboard replacement and a cp filter replacement (whatever that is?).

Great news. Finally a release for the UK market. Could you dump your ROM for the benefit of the other users on this forum

regards

tammam

Guest nLinked
Great news. Finally a release for the UK market. Could you dump your ROM for the benefit of the other users on this forum

regards

tammam

I'd like to but don't know how. Is it a straightforward procedure of just copying the ROM to a file or will it remove the ROM from my phone in the process?

I found this thread on ROM dumping but will it affect my phone ROM in any negative way? http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...om-from-device/

This update contains 2 new programs I never had in my old ROM. It has a program called Rich Internet and another one called Handango. Typing sensitivity seems very responsive compared to my old UK ROM. Also, taking photos in a dark place with the flash results in a slightly brighter image, especially when using Night Mode. My old ROM only lit the centre of the photo with the flash while the edges of the photo were dark.

Edited by nLinked

Guest nLinked

Really finding it difficult to dump it. Can't find any straight forward way. If anyone can care to explain exactly what I need and how to do it step by step, I can then upload it for everyone to test with.

Guest nLinked

Found some more new features! If you go to Clock options, you see a new interface for displaying multiple world times and a stopwatch feature. It's very smooth, and whn you start the stopwatch you see a reflection below it as the numbers are counting.

The alarm settings is based on a nice big Samsung menu. And there's a Memorial Day section where you can set birthdays or whatever.

Edited by nLinked

Guest rafa.ali
Found some more new features! If you go to Clock options, you see a new interface for displaying multiple world times and a stopwatch feature. It's very smooth, and whn you start the stopwatch you see a reflection below it as the numbers are counting.

The alarm settings is based on a nice big Samsung menu. And there's a Memorial Day section where you can set birthdays or whatever.

Guest kslakhani

EDIT 2: OFFICIAL UK ROM HAS BEEN RELEASED! SEE POST #8.

OFFICIAL UK ROM HAS BEEN RELEASED!! See my thread here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...leased-at-last/

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Long awaited.

Going to try now

will post feedback.

Thanx a load nLinked, bless you mate B)

Guest kslakhani

successfully flashed.

much much better screen response

TouchFlo works in all Apps, Thanx to Samsung this is really important.

Dunno yet which NETCF is there.

Lock related bug fixed

and few other bugs fixed

Guest Lejkica

Please, someone help me...

My version of the phone is:

PDA: i900XXHG9/PNHG9

PHONE: i900XXHG8

I thought I have a UK version, but on official site, it doesn't recognize it.

Which version do I have? Please, help me....