i900 - Installing original Australian ROM

Guest Ranga

Does anyone have instructions/links for flashing the i900 back to the original ROM it shipped to Australia with? After playing with the Manila ROM, I'm keen to go back and do some troubleshooting using the original.

BTW, current settings are:

PDA: i900DTHJ9/M2D03

Phone: i900XXHJ1

• 6 months later...
Guest wasubi

Since nobody replied, its looking dull, but ill have a try.........

I just recently flashed to one of shokka's roms, had the original rom backed up on my desktop ready to go on my portable hard drive. Thought id worry about transferring it over another day. Then to my bad luck, my computer died the next day and ive lost everything including the original rom. So now im stuck. call it karma i dunno. But i would really like to have an original australian rom to go back to incase the novelty of custom roms wears off, and not to mention for warranty <_< I had all the version details in the same folder with the rom, so i cant give anyone that. All i know is it was a vodafone release phone.

Hoping somebody can help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Just Found The Version I Had

PDA: i900BUHJ2/BUHJ2

Phone: i900BUHI2

Edited by wasubi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Since nobody replied, its looking dull, but ill have a try.........

I just recently flashed to one of shokka's roms, had the original rom backed up on my desktop ready to go on my portable hard drive. Thought id worry about transferring it over another day. Then to my bad luck, my computer died the next day and ive lost everything including the original rom. So now im stuck. call it karma i dunno. But i would really like to have an original australian rom to go back to incase the novelty of custom roms wears off, and not to mention for warranty :D I had all the version details in the same folder with the rom, so i cant give anyone that. All i know is it was a vodafone release phone.

Hoping somebody can help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Just Found The Version I Had

PDA: i900BUHJ2/BUHJ2

Phone: i900BUHI2

Had any chance? I'm looking for the Turkish (JU...) ROM to go back ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest grumbly_bum

Sorry to bring up an old thread, just wondering if anyone had an original Australian I900 Rom from Vodafone?

I found one @ http://au.samsungmobile.com/supports/softw...wareWmUpdate.do but I think that it might only be the phone part due to the relatively small file size (22.2mb or something.)

If anyone has any useful ROMs or links can you please post it here? Cheers!

I wouldnt bother, infact id rather brick my phone than go back to the original rom. The aussie version was crap-no update available,slow,buggy and the list goes on and on.

If warranty wont fix it you can buy them for $400 now, they're dirt cheap plus ive heard of aussies bricking their phones while flashing and got them repaired under warranty.

Im currently using sectors windows 6.5 build 23049 with M2D built in and my phone is unreal, its faster,stable and it looks unreal and works like a phone should, dont get me wrong its not perfect as there are still some bugs present but its almost there!

I doubt you will find the original rom unless you ring samsung and ask for it or just ring your nearest service centre and ask them if they flash it back for you will the original warranty still be valid? You never know what they might say.......good luck! :)

I wouldnt bother, infact id rather brick my phone than go back to the original rom. The aussie version was crap-no update available,slow,buggy and the list goes on and on.

If warranty wont fix it you can buy them for $400 now, they're dirt cheap plus ive heard of aussies bricking their phones while flashing and got them repaired under warranty.

Im currently using sectors windows 6.5 build 23049 with M2D built in and my phone is unreal, its faster,stable and it looks unreal and works like a phone should, dont get me wrong its not perfect as there are still some bugs present but its almost there!

I doubt you will find the original rom unless you ring samsung and ask for it or just ring your nearest service centre and ask them if they flash it back for you will the original warranty still be valid? You never know what they might say.......good luck! :)

What bugs do you have in your rom? Im just finding the phone keypads on most roms not really sensitive enough.

What bugs do you have in your rom? Im just finding the phone keypads on most roms not really sensitive enough.

The only real bug i have found is when you recieve a message it takes time for the messaging thread to open and thats the only thing that is slow otherwise everything works great.

The sensitivity on this rom is unreal, trust me this one works real good but ultimately you have to use a number of different roms and find out what works for you.

What main program do you usually use apart from the standard installed, by that i mean are you using SPB mobile shell or manilla etc etc... are you running windows 6.1 or 6.5 or are you intrested in moving to 6.5, if so feel free to ask me any questions you want as i have been experimenting with both systems.

Cheers

The only real bug i have found is when you recieve a message it takes time for the messaging thread to open and thats the only thing that is slow otherwise everything works great.

The sensitivity on this rom is unreal, trust me this one works real good but ultimately you have to use a number of different roms and find out what works for you.

What main program do you usually use apart from the standard installed, by that i mean are you using SPB mobile shell or manilla etc etc... are you running windows 6.1 or 6.5 or are you intrested in moving to 6.5, if so feel free to ask me any questions you want as i have been experimenting with both systems.

Cheers

After all this all i download the latest english version from this link http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...re-version-fix/ and on an xp machine same as a cooked rom switch off and back on, didnt even have to change country. Now im back to original rom my phone came with, not as flash but i must admit its proving to be sensitive and quick. Came with extra software too that my original rom didnt have like google maps and SHOZU ??? i just need Divx player and im looking now for language packs for Igo8 text to speech in English. Tried loading some new themes to try and make it more exciting but the normal rom would not allow animated themes which sucks, but such is life for now.

Have you tried the latest rom from sector? Do you prefer 6.1 over 6.5?

Im not actually sure what the difference is between 6.1 and 6.5 i do like touchflo, i do love nice icons and i love the way on shell you can slide and have 4 different desktops as such, you know programs, contacts etc, very nice and clear. Im more than open to suggestions now i have this original rom to revert back to if i need.