Whats in the box and sat nav

Guest Pete2

I'm considering getting the HD. Whats in the box?

Does it come with a screen mount?

Has anyone tried any 3rd party nav software yet and if so how successfully?

I'm torn between this and the omnia at the mo but I've had HTC phones since the Himalaya (o2 xda) apart from a brief stint with the mio a701 and am tempted to stick with them mainly because of the support from xda developers.

I'm considering getting the HD. Whats in the box?

Does it come with a screen mount?

Has anyone tried any 3rd party nav software yet and if so how successfully?

I'm torn between this and the omnia at the mo but I've had HTC phones since the Himalaya (o2 xda) apart from a brief stint with the mio a701 and am tempted to stick with them mainly because of the support from xda developers.

Just got my UK model a few days ago, very impressed with the screen.

There is no screen mount included but there is a screen protector and 8gb micro sd card included. There is a very active forum on xda developers allready and the concensus is igo 8 and tomtom work great.

Thanks for the reply - I was just reading about the igo8 myself. (I shouldn't be so hasty to ask without researching 1st).

Do you have a mount that fits the HD and if so which one ( I've only got the one that came with my Trinity left and have a feeling I'll have to buy another).

Thanks for the reply - I was just reading about the igo8 myself. (I shouldn't be so hasty to ask without researching 1st).

Do you have a mount that fits the HD and if so which one ( I've only got the one that came with my Trinity left and have a feeling I'll have to buy another).

I am going to wait for brodit to release a hd version. I have used them for my previous three phones and they are great.

• 2 months later...
Guest gazbert

Have you guys had time now to test out the various Sat Nav options?

If so what would you recommend? I own TomTom 6 for my Vario III, which I've not tried to install because according to TomTom they won't transfer the licence. The buggers.

Am open to all options. I'm aware of the forum at xda developers, and while I'm not going to question the legality, I want to purchase the software properly. I like having vendor support.