OFFICIAL UK ROM RELEASED AT LAST!!!

Guest nLinked

Guest fisheradam

I have an unlocked Orange Omnia..

PDA: i900XXHG5/MSGH1

PHONE: I900XXHG5

Am downloading the update now. My operating system is Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1, with all the latest updates installed.

I will let you know the outcome guys.

Guest fisheradam

Ok, so far, everything is going smoothly. Currently downloading the 5th file to the phone.

(Wait about 2 minutes don't turn off the device) flashing

Will update imminently.

Edit: Updated successfuly. Totally pain free update.

PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

PHONE: i900XXHI5

Edited by fisheradam

Guest The Squonk
Tryed again using proper usb port. Went to 7% and stopped!! wtf!!! What now? Do I disconnect and try again or do I have an expensive paperweight? Help someone please!

Adam

Tried again - several times. Seemed to work eventually, until the updater switched phone off and asked to restart the phone manually. Phone is dead! left on charger overnight but still dead, wont switch on at all. Is this now "bricked" ? What do I do now? ANY suggestion - be nice - would be very welcome at this sad time.....

Adam

Edited by The Squonk

thanks for the link but i don't know which rom to install inorder to update to the offical rom B)

Can the incorrect software fix be done with this offical firmware because I still can't get the dam thing to update

Guest Frankish
Tried again - several times. Seemed to work eventually, until the updater switched phone off and asked to restart the phone manually. Phone is dead! left on charger overnight but still dead, wont switch on at all. Is this now "bricked" ? What do I do now? ANY suggestion - be nice - would be very welcome at this sad time.....

Adam

Details please. What firmware did you previously have. What firmware did you try to update to. What operating system?

Guest FutureDirt
try this site - Samsung Vodafone Update

It looks official, but still waiting on announcement from Voda Forums that it is OK to use without affecting warranty.

Should be fine... its an official UK update branded by Voda... warranty should remain intact. ( I am AO btw B) )

Guest Maverick440

Befor I do the update, i take it that once its been done Illl have to re-set all my changes ie, Slide 2 Unlock / TomTom / Black Screen and so on............ B)

Guest Street northeast
Befor I do the update, i take it that once its been done Illl have to re-set all my changes ie, Slide 2 Unlock / TomTom / Black Screen and so on............ B)

Yes, the update will format the phone, so back up everything you want to keep

Worked flawlessly on my unbranded Omnia. Everything In "MyStorage" is left in place but has to be reinstalled.

One question, i now have the sim status (o2, no service, limited service, etc) in a bar top right on the home screen, it used to be on the Widget screen, Is this normal?

I have the downloaded the update but whe i tick the boxes and verify the device it says 'incorrect version, check device'

Same here I need that fix coz my omnia has a hardware fault and I don't won't to send it in with unofficial firmware

Guest bluey09

Hi,

Change the registry setting

HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> CONTROL PANEL --> VERSION --> CUSTOM VERSION

Change to MSHG1

Then do the version check again and it should be fine now. It worked for me B)

Edited by bluey09

Guest Street northeast
Hi,

Change the registry setting

HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> CONTROL PANEL --> VERSION --> CUSTOM VERSION

Change to MSGH1

Then do the version check again and it should be fine now. It worked for me B)

That doesn't work for me B)

even tried with MSHG1 B)

Edited by Street northeast

Finished the update in about 4 minutes and it is running really well. I never had a major problem with the phone but can say its running even better the screen response is loads better B)

Guest lochindaal

can somebody with a Vodafone device that hasn't been flashed tell us what your version number is?

I can't get the new vodafone ROM to load due to my existing software. thanks

Guest dia6olo

Anyone any ideas??? i have upgraded my vodafona omnia to to DXHJ1

I'm now trying to upgrade to the vodafone branded ACHJ2, however, I am getting the incorrect version message???

oh and i have the vista firmware?

Guest nLinked
does this work for non branded phones bought on ebay?

Mine was an unbranded one from eBay. It came with version MSHG1 and this update worked on two of mine flawlessly.