can't update from DXHJ1 TO DZHJ1

Guest abuawab

Guest abuawab

DEAR GUYZ

AS IT SAYS UP , I TRIED MY BEST TO UPDATE TO DZ , THE DEVICE IS CONNECTED WELL , BUT IT USUALLY STUCKS ON ( WAITING FOR DEVICE VERIFICATION ) .

I TRIED

- NORMAL HARD RESET

- PRECONFIGERATION AND HARD RESET

- EXTRACTING THE UPDATE FILES AND RE-INSTALL )

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

I HAVE GOOD FAITH IN YOUR ADVICE , BUT PLEASE REPLY WITH STEPWISE INSTRUCTIONS

OH , I'M USING XP , AND I SUCCESFULLY UPDATE THIS DEVICE FROM HH3 TO DXHJ1 ON SAME COMPUTER

THANKS

Guest donnykim

wtf all the caps lol B)

but try install Samsung modem driver and try to update in WinXP not in Vista. And don't forget to reboot your Omnia then connect it to PC! Next please try to avoid using CAPS

DEAR GUYZ

AS IT SAYS UP , I TRIED MY BEST TO UPDATE TO DZ , THE DEVICE IS CONNECTED WELL , BUT IT USUALLY STUCKS ON ( WAITING FOR DEVICE VERIFICATION ) .

I TRIED

- NORMAL HARD RESET

- PRECONFIGERATION AND HARD RESET

- EXTRACTING THE UPDATE FILES AND RE-INSTALL )

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

I HAVE GOOD FAITH IN YOUR ADVICE , BUT PLEASE REPLY WITH STEPWISE INSTRUCTIONS

OH , I'M USING XP , AND I SUCCESFULLY UPDATE THIS DEVICE FROM HH3 TO DXHJ1 ON SAME COMPUTER

THANKS

Guest abuawab

hi dear

sorry for this CAPS thing

i'm updating using XP

just for the sake of argue , i installed the XP DRIVER again

still no reply

thanx again

Edited by abuawab

Guest abuawab
Try to reinstall XP driver and did you reboot then connect to USB then turn on Omnia?

i did all

what do u mean turn Omnia , i'm i supposed to soft-reset omnia during upgrade ?

Guest Indevor
i did all

what do u mean turn Omnia , i'm i supposed to soft-reset omnia during upgrade ?

Here we go:

uninstall the samsung modem drivers} uninstall activesync 4.5} reboot your XP box} re-install AS 4.5 again} connect your omnia using your USB cable} check it it syncs/recognized} install the SMD} reboot} RUN the update and see if port 9 was detected, if not then you have to see which app in your XP is using com 9 and disable it.

Good Luck

Khalid

Here we go:

uninstall the samsung modem drivers} uninstall activesync 4.5} reboot your XP box} re-install AS 4.5 again} connect your omnia using your USB cable} check it it syncs/recognized} install the SMD} reboot} RUN the update and see if port 9 was detected, if not then you have to see which app in your XP is using com 9 and disable it.

Good Luck

Khalid

Yes man this method should surly do it

Guest abuawab
Here we go:

Good Luck

Khalid

salam khalid

everything is fine except

it is telling me that i have the newest fireware

now what shd i do ?

Guest Indevor
salam khalid

everything is fine except

it is telling me that i have the newest fireware

now what shd i do ?

Well, this is another issue. It means the update cannot update from Singapore version to another Singapore one. The DX and DZ are for the same region (Singapore, Indonesia, Malysia) and the HJ1 is the same version (October-ver1) so it will never upgrade your firmare unless you install the new release (Marked K). sit back and wait..the new ROM is coming or simply take your device to the nearst service center.

Khalid