Help me decide: X1, Touch HD, Touch Pro...or?

Guest jimxms

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to decide which of the above phones would be best suited to me and I need some advice from people who own the above. Basically I use my phones mostly for:

MSN Messenger

Texting

Remote Desktop (Remote controlling servers)

...and obviously calling people - where I like my most used numbers to be easily accessable.

My previous phones include:

Sony Ericsson P1i - Loved the qwerty keypad, hated the non-responsive & tiny touchscreen.

Apple Iphone 3g - Got bored of it after a day, but interface was v nice.

Samsung i900 - Didnt like texting as keypad took up far too much of screen. Menu system was pretty crap too.

Samsung i8510 - Kept crashing on me and no easy way to update f/w

Help please!

Guest kurtfhouse

If you use the remote desktop function, the screen real estate on the HD is going to be a plus.

The Pro is nice but I found the screen a bit too small and I wasn't a fan of the keypad, I personally found it too small and fiddly. I Haven't had an X1 to play with so can't really comment on it. Paul has done a pretty comprehensive review on it in the review section which should give you some idea if its for you.

Touchflo 3D has a favourite contacts tab which I find quite easy to use.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix

Personally having used both the Pro and the x1 I think the Pro's keyboard is far superior to the x1's. As Paul mentioned in his review, the x1 keyboard isn't bad, nor is it great, it's functional. The Pro keyboard though gives far better tactile feedback and I find it more comfortable to use.

I agree with kurtfhouse, the screen on the TP is a little small though (although obviously still has the VGA resolution), but I find it's more just that it feel out of place with respect to the other dimensions of the handset, rather than making it difficult to use.

Reading your list I would have recommended the TP over the x1, the keyboard makes up for the slight loss of screen real estate, however if you use a LOT of RDP you might want to consider the x1.

Finally - the HD. My favourite device this year has been the Diamond, and I was all set to get a HD when it's launched later this month. However having now used the Touch Pro I again find myself in a quandary ;p I do a hell of a lot of messaging myself so the TP is a tempting option, but that screen looks awesome!