Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Well, I have been trying for days to get the combinations right so I have given it my best shot - and failed! No matter what I configure I always get the "incorrect sofware version" message. So, I am laying at the feet of the experts and asking for a simple guide. I have no problem with the mechanics - (now!) with Hex edit and registry changes.

In short I am currently on PDA i900DXHH1\DXHH1 and want to upgrade to the new UK ROM, MSHJ1. What do I need to add to the Update file and what should I put in the Omnia registry? I have re-set the phone to UK. TIA

Ok, BACKUP FIRST (Including My Storage)!!!

Install Samsung modem driver!!!

1. Go to Samsung website, chose UK, enter MSHH1 and take the latest firmware.

2. Change the phone to UK(see step 1) - after reboot don't enter SIM pin or discard the message to change to your local operator.

3. Change the version in the phone's registry to XXHH1 (if it's still not working try MSHH1) (see step 2).

4. Extract UPDATE.EXE (see step 3).

5. Hex edit UPDATE.EXE ... search for i900XX and change it to i900DX

6. Update the phone.

7. Change back to your country.

Flashing may kill your phone ...

Let me know if you succeed or if you have any other questions/problems :rolleyes:

Hi just an update, i used total commander to edit the registery with success, but it i get the same error inccorrect software version, so help please!!

Tell me what version is your phone now and what firmware do you want to flash to.

Hi I have a vodafone i900v Dutch

the version PDA : i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Phone : i900BUHG5

I would like it to be unbranded and update to the latest official samsung rom

Can you please tell me if this is possible and which rom to download and the procedure to use........

What I've done so far is download the i900_Dutch_XKHJ3.exe from secany. which seems to be the latest dutch rom unbranded

Sorry I have to ask but read all threads and also the other one from secany...I'm pretty confused right now....and dont want to break my phone.

BTW thanx for all you've done so far...hope you're still motivated.....must eat up a lot of you're time.

Go to samsung's website and chose a firmware. Tell me the firmware and phone version ... also read the topic from start ...

Let me know if you succeed or if you have any other questions/problems :rolleyes:

What a hero! Thanks - success at last. For the record it failed to validate using the XXHH1 but was fine when changed to MSHH1. I have lost a load of settings (restoring with Sprite) but at least I have the ROM!

Thanks again!

What a hero! Thanks - success at last. For the record it failed to validate using the XXHH1 but was fine when changed to MSHH1. I have lost a load of settings (restoring with Sprite) but at least I have the ROM!

Thanks again!

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that. :rolleyes:

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that. :)

My version is:PDA:THJ9/M2DO3 manila tochFlo

PHONE: XXHJ1

And want to have this version(latest dutch)

NL firmware is:

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

TELEFOON: I900XXHH1

Do I have to set it on UK too?

Can you please help me to do it step by step :rolleyes:

NL firmware is:

Does this work for me too?please let me know :)

NL firmware is:

It will work but you have to adapt what i did to your conditions ... if you want to change to a dutch version you have to set your phone to Germany ... I explained that for other people too ... please read the whole topic carefully and if you have questions post them back here :) ...

It will work but you have to adapt what i did to your conditions ... if you want to change to a dutch version you have to set your phone to Germany ... I explained that for other people too ... please read the whole topic carefully and if you have questions post them back here :rolleyes: ...

Thanx I read the whole topic but thought I have to set it to UK

So phone to german and then al the staps from the firts post,I am a little scared to do this but with your help i wil get my widgets back :)

Why Germany was alsow my question,can you explain that please,can not find somthing like that in de whole tread,only signapore an UK

Edited by linliz

Thanx I read the whole topic but thought I have to set it to UK

So phone to german and then al the staps from the firts post,I am a little scared to do this but with your help i wil get my widgets back :rolleyes:

Why Germany was alsow my question,can you explain that please,can not find somthing like that in de whole tread,only signapore an UK

You found UK because they tried to flash to latest UK firmware ... and Philippines or Singapore because they tried to flash to latest Philippines or Singapore version ...

You found UK because they tried to flash to latest UK firmware ... and Philippines or Singapore because they tried to flash to latest Philippines or Singapore version ...

Oke so I have to set it on Dutch,because I want the latest dutch firmware not germany do :rolleyes:

Thank you for you quick reply's

sorry for my bad englisch(Dutchgirl)

Oke so I have to set it on Dutch,because I want the latest dutch firmware not germany do :rolleyes:

Thank you for you quick reply's

sorry for my bad englisch(Dutchgirl)

Np :) ... my English is not perfect either ... I'm from Romania ...

Guest ratboy77

hello to everybody, I´ve reading all during 1 week and I really need help.

I want to change the language to my device, is in inglish I want to have in dutch I´ve trying to cook me own rom with the i900_EXEcutor_1.4 but when the job was finish I have a black screen and in left side a blue line.

I folow all the steps till the 4th but I was stuck cos I can´t understand.

I did this change country to Netherland and default Operator Vodafone, I change the version in the phone's registry from DXHk2 to XXHG1. I also execute the update file taken form Samsung and put in my desktop i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.

and the next step no f...king idea, the file I have is update for the last dutch ver. I can´t find nothing in xvi32.

so I read something for black dragon and I try and I cook my own but now I have a black screen and blue line

So now I really need help my wife is gonna cut my n...

I leave pluging in a.c. for 2 days.

Help :rolleyes: :) :( :(

hello to everybody, I´ve reading all during 1 week and I really need help.

I want to change the language to my device, is in inglish I want to have in dutch I´ve trying to cook me own rom with the i900_EXEcutor_1.4 but when the job was finish I have a black screen and in left side a blue line.

I folow all the steps till the 4th but I was stuck cos I can´t understand.

I did this change country to Netherland and default Operator Vodafone, I change the version in the phone's registry from DXHk2 to XXHG1. I also execute the update file taken form Samsung and put in my desktop i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.

and the next step no f...king idea, the file I have is update for the last dutch ver. I can´t find nothing in xvi32.

so I read something for black dragon and I try and I cook my own but now I have a black screen and blue line

So now I really need help my wife is gonna cut my n...

I leave pluging in a.c. for 2 days.

Help :rolleyes: :) :( :(

Double Click on the file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

Tell me what version was your phone ... and what version is now.

Guest ratboy77
Double Click on the file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

Tell me what version was your phone ... and what version is now.

ok Im so nearby in this, my account name of what?? the forum or for my pc.

in my pc is administrator, but I use winrar to unzip the file. when I write this in the browse says windows can´t find it. :rolleyes: im so stupid

My version is DXHK2 and now I don´t now the screen is black. I´d like to have XKHJ3.

thanks

Guest ratboy77
ok Im so nearby in this, my account name of what?? the forum or for my pc.

in my pc is administrator, but I use winrar to unzip the file. when I write this in the browse says windows can´t find it. :rolleyes: im so stupid

My version is DXHK2 and now I don´t now the screen is black. I´d like to have XKHJ3.

thanks

I Did I copy tp my desktop but is the same that i have when I unzip the file with the winrar..

Now I need the magic help for continue..

Guest ratboy77
I Did I copy tp my desktop but is the same that i have when I unzip the file with the winrar..

Now I need the magic help for continue..

I use xvi32 and i found it :rolleyes: says I900XXHI4.

and now I change to DXHI4 and save.

and says the is incorrect version

I use xvi32 and i found it :rolleyes: says I900XXHI4.

and now I change to DXHI4 and save.

and says the is incorrect version

Well ... It's good that you found out how to obtain Update.exe ... now, try to read again all the steps, you've changed in the wrong place ...

Guest mucuracat

NL firmware is:

Same problem and same request. And M2D03 is an custom rom. Is that an problem to chance to dutch language rom? I have the DXHK1/M2D04 version with telephone DXHK1.

I will be thanfull... :)

Same problem and same request. And M2D03 is an custom rom. Is that an problem to chance to dutch language rom? I have the DXHK1/M2D04 version with telephone DXHK1.

I will be thanfull... :rolleyes:

What firmware did you take from samsung? what version and what did you wrote in order to download it?

Guest ratboy77
Well ... It's good that you found out how to obtain Update.exe ... now, try to read again all the steps, you've changed in the wrong place ...

I changed the firsf one I found, scrolling up from the end I900XHI4 to I900DX and I save.

In mobile I put netherlands vodafone and version I have DXHI2 changed to XXHG1.

And I still can´t do it incorrect software

thanks

I changed the firsf one I found, scrolling up from the end I900XHI4 to I900DX and I save.

In mobile I put netherlands vodafone and version I have DXHI2 changed to XXHG1.

And I still can´t do it incorrect software

thanks

Why the first one??? I was very clear ... second one from bottom ....

Edited by mik3y

Guest ratboy77
Why the first one??? I was very clear ... second one from bottom ....

Ok, so sorry so dumppp but I found this first I900XXHI4 and them I found this *XKHJ3

what I have to write cos I put DXhj3 and says incorect version.

please help me

post-464456-1229618949_thumb.jpg

Ok, so sorry so dumppp but I found this first I900XXHI4 and them I found this *XKHJ3

what I have to write cos I put DXhj3 and says incorect version.

please help me

Ok ... all you have to do is read very carefully my first post ... also you've never answered to my questions, i don't know what version do you have so i can't tell you what to change ...

I don't know where did you read to hex edit "XKHJ3" to "DXhj3" ... it's so simple, but you haven't read the whole topic :rolleyes:... Please do this, you also have pictures attached ... read all the steps from start to end, read other people questions ...

Guest mucuracat
What firmware did you take from samsung? what version and what did you wrote in order to download it?

I got the version i900XKHJ3 form samsung.

I wrote XKHH1 to order.

tnx for helping